Houston
Sponsored by

Sean Jones - 790

8,507 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Farmer1906
FtBendTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've completely quit listening
88jrt06
AG
AM radio- listen to reinforce your opinions, or form odd "relationships" with ****ing disc-jockeys. Don't get it. All the info, minus "personalities" awaits online at home+++.

Lt Gov Dan Patrick says, "Thanks". Rest my case.

Rock, Roll......the proper background to your **** commute.
You'll emerge refreshed.
Post removed:
by user
FtBendTxAg
AG
Yeah he's a gigantic ****** bag in his personal affairs as well. To be expected and no surprise of course.

What an abortion of a duo. I never want anyone to lose their jobs, but if you ****infg suck at it, then you shouldn't be doing it, and neither schmo should be on the radio in a main hosting role. Clanton is okay in a supporting or fill in role but his straight edge fake ass personality is terrible for a main host. He really should be endorsing summers eve and massengill for a living.
BarryProfit
As bad as Clanton's personality is, what's even worse is his knowledge and understanding of sports. He'd be better off hosting a Hollywood gossip show on E!.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Clanton's evening show with the old comic guy that wrote for Stevens and Pruitt was pretty good. They didn't do much sports, just a bunch of bits revolving around sports. Not a prime show when things are happing, but on slow days it was entertaining.
Forum Troll
AG
I'm glad those 2 are on in the middle of the day when I'm at working and unable to listen. My drive time listening is Matt and Lance in the AM and Pallilo in the PM, both shows that I enjoy and are generally very good.

I was out during lunch yesterday and all Sean Jones talked about was some dumb Charles Barkley show about racism and how Barkley was unqualified to host it.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Same here, quit listening. Switched to podcast mid-day when I would have otherwise been listening to MT. Will occasionally flip over if I'm in the car for only a few minutes just to see if they are still race baiting (and 8 out to 10 times they are).

I wish there was some way to quantify how much air time and radio advertising has been sold either talking about or teasing a story about Johnny from Fall 2012 until now. A couple years ago it was Johnny once an hour, minimum. Now they tease a Johnny story/update coming off a break at least 3 times a week. They must have tons of data by now confirming that it holds listeners through the break and drives ratings.

They pretty much say the same $*** every time the topic comes up. Now Clanton has just resorted to a celebrity death watch/countdown. Hell, everybody knows the mf'er has some problems but I cant remember a sports figure where media was licking its chops in anticipation of a dude dying at 24 yrs old. If anything that's their goose that lays the golden egg and they are exuberant about the thought of killing it off.

Johnny is what he is, but this filling airtime with low-hanging-fruit non-stories ran its course a year ago.
FW Declerk
Does anyone else fine Seth Payne really annoying he is awful on the radio
FtBendTxAg
AG
Maybe a little, but he's elite compared to the 2 knobs on 790 at the same time
MelvinUdall
quote:

I love Seth, he is very knowledgable about and sports in general and really good takes. In addition, he helps loosen Meltser up who would normally be a straight shooter. Meltser reminds me of a young Pallilo, I hope doesn't go down the path as Charlie who is so serious all the time.

On Clanton and Jones, they are awful and quite frankly this has to be Clantons last go, no way he has a job in sports radio when it is all said and done. As far as the race baiting goes, eventually Jones will say something inappropriate and be fired for cause, he needs to head to KCOH, where that is more acceptable.
Ragoo
AG
Is it just me or is the HD Show the best sports show on the radio? It is at night and only two days a week but always interesting and usually funny too.
mm98
AG
quote:
Took me a while to warm up to. In some ways he is like LZ used to be. He's goes off on mini-tirades and wil drift off topic while doing so, but he corrects himself pretty quick. I think he's fine.
MelvinUdall
quote:
Is it just me or is the HD Show the best sports show on the radio? It is at night and only two days a week but always interesting and usually funny too.

What station, 790?
BarryProfit
quote:
Maybe a little, but he's elite compared to the 2 knobs on 790 at the same time

Flip it to FM and listen to granato.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Today's compelling topics:

1. In depth discussion of the reasons for Akeem/Hakeem changing his name in the early 90s; and,

2. Race doesn't matter; why the NFL needs more coaches of color.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
quote:

What station, 790?
espn, 7-10 pm Monday and Thursday.
FtBendTxAg
AG
I accidentally tuned into the show today and jones said he would fight Jeff fisher. Thought it was a legit comment
Farmer1906
AG
The other day he took full credit for the Randy Moss to Oakland trade.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.