Houston
Sponsored by

Sean Jones - 790

8,502 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Farmer1906
fatrandy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know he's lost on many b/c we're all blinded by our dislike of Clanton, but some of the stuff he gets away with saying, is odd to me.

I don't dislike the dude, but he seems to have some personal vendetta against any white person that has "privilege." Almost every topic, he seems to circle back towards race and it apparently clouds his judgement. Just yesterday, he included the allegations that occurred at Duke (which every Duke player was rightfully acquitted of) to what happened at Baylol and Penn St due to the "privilege" these guys have. You'd think by now he would know the facts, but I suppose that story will resonate differently for others.

I'm probably being oversensitive to the fact, but it's one of the reasons midday 790 has been so awful lately.
Ag_07
AG
Usually with radios if you turn the dial or punch the button to the right or the left it changes the channel off of what you're listening to and on to something else.
dreyOO
He's no ND or Uncle Greg. Earlier this week he said he was as good a pass rusher as JJ Watt, but JJ just had better numbers

Wtf?
fatrandy
quote:
Usually with radios if you turn the dial or punch the button to the right or the left it changes the channel off of what you're listening to and on to something else.
Correct, however sometimes I want to be the stereotypical angry white middle class male, because, haven't we suffered enough?
cypress-ag
AG
What ever became of him being involved in that mortgage fraud scandal back in 2007. FBI arrested him but I never remember the outcome? It was a 42M scam ripping off 3 Houston area banks.
MAS444
AG
He's an idiot and thinks he's a genius because he speaks relatively proper grammar and uses big words (sometimes even correctly). And somewhat to your point...any time anything related to JJ Watt comes up, he goes off and takes oddly adverse positions. He went off recently because the JJ Watt Foundation (run by JJs mother I think) had to renege on a couple of passes to 790 folks due to too many people. On one hand, he made a big deal out of how he didn't care anyway...but on the other hand went off, calling them all idiots, etc...
MAS444
AG
Also...did you know he won a super bowl?
fatrandy
quote:
I was unaware, just as I was unaware Clanton got married to Teresa from The Buzz.
TxKng82
AG
quote:

This x1000....annoying as $#it
E
AG
Sean Jones is the worst radio guy in Houston. He is always negative and tries very hard to sound smart by using big words he doesn't know what they mean or just makes them up. Dude is a total buzzkill and he seems to only want to talk about race issues. I rarely listen to lunchtime 790 anymore because of him.
E
AG
Bring back Matt Thomas to the lunch hour!!
Dan Scott
AG
Matt needs to be by himself.
JYDog90
AG
I like Matt with Lance
AGHouston11
AG
I stopped listening to him just because of that. Just sick of it. He actually is a racist IMO.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I know it doesn't come through in my texags posting, but I'm a liberal arts grammar nerd type and I even get surprised by his big words sometimes. And he does often use them correctly.

I think he brings some good insights on NFL front office stuff sometimes. He's definitely not the worst on local radio.

Was he really talking about "white privilege," or jock privilege in general?
fatrandy
The "white" part was inferred. Considering everyone in the Duke allegiations was a white privileged male and Sandusky is a white male, although every accused player in the bu program is of the non-white origin. He always brings up how when he worked on Wall Street how privileged those guys acted and how awful they were, as though he was above it all.

His racial bias shows on a daily basis, but I do think he brings solid insight when it comes to front office dealings, as you said.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I haven't listened in a while, and I think my IQ goes up the less I listen to Houston sports radio. But I never got the racial angle, I thought it was more like calling out other jocks. I guess it's telling if he's not calling Baylor out.

But i'm just a low class Houston honky who never had much sympathy for the Duke Lacrosse boys anyway.
whiteman
I like jones, my job allows me to listen to radio all day so I get to listen almost every day. He speaks his mind, and he's far from racist. He's even called people out insinuating Adam of being racist.
FtBendTxAg
AG
He's a ****ing moron Dewsh and clanton is probably worst, making mid day on 790 literally the worst radio program of all time. Those guys ****ing suck. And I can attest to clanton being a huge Dewsh loser IRL too. And no he has never stolen a girl from me or kicked me out of a party, he's the same guy he is on the radio, except a bigger *****.

And this all sucks cause I really like Thomas, lance (most of the time) and Charlie is one of the best sports talk personalities in the nation. So I switch my dial to 610 midday in the truck.
FtBendTxAg
AG
quote:
I know it doesn't come through in my texags posting, but I'm a liberal arts grammar nerd type and I even get surprised by his big words sometimes. And he does often use them correctly.

I think he brings some good insights on NFL front office stuff sometimes. He's definitely not the worst on local radio.

He talks about white priv a lot, and even works it in sometimes when unnecessary.
FNG
There are times when it is necessary?
FtBendTxAg
AG
Nope. Wrong choice of words. Memorial Day Karbach was really coming through on this thread yesterday. It's also why I abbreviated privilege. I was too drunk to spell it. Kept on forgetting the second "i" and thought it contained a "d"
AgMarauder04
AG
No one comes close to Pallillo
AGHouston11
AG
quote:
quote:

He talks about white priv a lot, and even works it in sometimes when unnecessary.

And doing so he even said he would choose someone like his kind over others.

Call it what you want but that is reverse racism.

It's amazing what people get away with these dates when it fits the narrative.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Agreed. I listened for a couple months but the show is failing fast. Dude might be a good guest host but every discussion devolving into some race baiting / grandstanding BS is getting real old.

MT needs to get moved back to midday.
LilSebastian13
AG
Just curious, how do you know Adam?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Hi Adam.
LilSebastian13
AG
Thankfully, you're wrong. I used to think I knew him pretty well though, so I was curious.
MelvinUdall
I have no idea how 790 was able to pull a best of for Adam Clanton that covered 3 hours.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
anyone catch Dante Hall on 610 today? He has a new show with Lopez and the other dude on the ITL morning show. They will now be the mid day show. Heard a little bit when going to get my lunch but not enough to give an opinion.

I am going to like Seth Payne in the morning. His ranting is fun to listen to.
fatrandy
Easily the worst show ever today. I would rather listen to Clanton 24/7 or "The General" eat donuts on air all day and defend baylol.

Almost everything has revolved around race relations and the plight of being canadian. He has now entered in to the Josh Innes / Nic Wright horrible-sphere
Panama Red
AG
Why do you keep listening?
Al Bula
AG
quote:
Why do you keep listening?
it is human nature. People engage in activity to justify b/tching about something, anything.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Yep. Took a listen the other day and was surprised he was actually talking about his experience as a former player .......aaaannnnnndddd he's back to talking about race.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
anyone catch Dante Hall on 610 today? He has a new show with Lopez and the other dude on the ITL morning show. They will now be the mid day show. Heard a little bit when going to get my lunch but not enough to give an opinion.

I am going to like Seth Payne in the morning. His ranting is fun to listen to.

Dante Hall story time:

Back when Barracuda Bar was still the hot place in Aggieland circa spring-97 or so Dante was with several of the players in the bar drinking. Like most places, as long as the underage players weren't causing a scene and playing it cool. However Dante was getting a little out of control and the manager told me to go tell him to cool it. So I go over to him and say, "Dante, everybody know you're underage- we don't care if you drink but just be discreet." He leans over to Shun Horn and says "Hey Shun, what do discreet mean?" Horn smacks him upside the head and says, "it means put the drink down n!ggah!"

I know, I know...

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.