Houston
Sponsored by

Best Chinese restaurant around downtown?

5,689 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ElCheAg
Mr_mo8268
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
China Garden was disgusting.

I finally had the time to try this place today. Judging by the recommendations on here, I was expecting edible food. First, the place is sketchy and dirty looking as hell. I got over that and figured I'd walk in. It looked like a decent asian joint so I decided I would sit down.

Although the food was fast the meat could have easily been Cat, Rat, or Dog. I could not eat it. I asked for the check and left with only taking a few bites.

Will never go back to China Garden.

Fu's Garden or GTFO.
RK
AG
quote:
Although the food was fast the meat could have easily been Cat, Rat, or Dog
hey, you're the one that selected an Asian restaurant...
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
shouldve gone to Kimson
Waltonloads08
AG
Qin Dynasty on Buffalo Speedway
84AGEC
AG
cooking girl

Bruce Almighty
AG
Find the best Chinese restaurant in Houston and I'll show you 15 Vietnamese restaurants that are better.
94chem
Go to the corner of Corporate Drive and Bellaire. Choose a strip mall. Go in any restaurant. Eat. Enjoy. You're welcome.
ElCheAg
AG
quote:
China Garden was disgusting.

I finally had the time to try this place today. Judging by the recommendations on here, I was expecting edible food. First, the place is sketchy and dirty looking as hell. I got over that and figured I'd walk in. It looked like a decent asian joint so I decided I would sit down.

Although the food was fast the meat could have easily been Cat, Rat, or Dog. I could not eat it. I asked for the check and left with only taking a few bites.

Will never go back to China Garden.

Fu's Garden or GTFO.
What was asked was the "best" Chinese food in downtown. China Garden is in downtown and is, relatively, the best in downtown. Fu's is NOT in downtown.

If you're looking for good to great Chinese food in the greater Houston area, simply go to China town.
Mr_mo8268
AG
Understood but posters had acted like this was really good Chinese food.

I'll take back my Fus comment but don't split hairs with me here. Downtown best or not, the place was just gross.
Texaggie7nine
The Garden has always been solid when I go. But always went for dinner.
7nine
Fall92
AG
I don't think anyone on the first page said it was really good Chinese food. They just said it was the best option in downtown proper. I went last month before a concert and had the usual sweet and sour pork. My wife had the lemon chicken. They were both good. Not outstanding, but good, and most certainly convenient to the Toyota Center.

PS: I'm also a fan of Kam's although it's not in downtown.
ElCheAg
AG
quote:
Understood but posters had acted like this was really good Chinese food.

I'll take back my Fus comment but don't split hairs with me here. Downtown best or not, the place was just gross.

Very well.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.