Houston
Sponsored by

The guy who murdered Paul Broussard '87 is getting paroled

10,227 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ryan the Temp
Jugstore Cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Re-reading this thread, I'm now thinking about Mike. Next drink's for him.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
You are probably right about laying off. But I'm right about his mistake.

For those that don't know the story of OP, read about it. This guy deserves death.

No, you are not. Not sure why you have a hard on over my posts, but I giess everybody needs something to make them feel better inside.

And I agree with your second part completely.
rhoswen
AG
I have no idea why anyone would feel the need to jump all over such an inocuous commet. Jesus.
Martin Q. Blank
Pansies have overtaken criminal justice. It's not justice anymore, but all about "reforming" the criminal. This guy should have been executed back in 87.
onceaggie
AG
So now the Death penalty is cool.?

Funny how it shifts based on who was the victim.

Diggity
AG
It ended up being a federal case but I know a guy who served 10 years for burning a cross in a black families yard. I would imagine that would fall under "hate crime" statutes.
SnowboardAg
AG
I sound like a broken record, but if you are convicted of capital murder, regardless of mental state, drugs, etc, your life should be taken. Hang the criminal next to the courthouse. I would take my kid and say, if you do this, you will get this. Lesson over.
Tom Hagen
AG
RTT:

I take it that you won't be welcoming Jon Buice into your community?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/04/politics/ben-carson-prisons-gay-choice/
Ryan the Temp
AG
**** no.
BMX Bandit
But he's a doctor. So he's smart.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
So now the Death penalty is cool.?

Funny how it shifts based on who was the victim.

When wasn't the death penalty cool?

Hell, it should be used with far more frequency and far more publicity.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Texas just executed a guy yesterday who killed his kids.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I have no problem with the death penalty, but I would imagine life without parole is a worse punishment. Just keep them off the streets.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
I have no problem with the death penalty, but I would imagine life without parole is a worse punishment. Just keep them off the streets.

I get tired of paying for their meals, education, health care, etc. though. A .22 to the back of the head is pretty cheap in comparison.....
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
How can you say that's a worse punishment? Punishment should fit the crime. "Life without parole" is not an adequate punishment for this kind of murder.
CheeseSndwch
quote:
quote:
Why does Ray Hill support his parole?
I could go on for days about Ray Hill...he thinks that when Buice is released he's going to come be Ray's boyfriend or something ****ed up like that.
Not to reveal too much about myself but this is a pretty accurate assessment.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I am intrigued now.

Nonetheless, Ray's claims that Buice is gay did eventually make their way back to Buice, and he was reported to have told another inmate he was going to kill Ray when he gets out. Of course, prison talk is always tough, so who knows.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Is it a surprise to anyone that a guy who might be a closeted gay was out committing this kind of violence?
TXAGBQ76
AG
Aren't all murders basically hate crimes?
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
quote:

I get tired of paying for their meals, education, health care, etc. though. A .22 to the back of the head is pretty cheap in comparison.....
It's cheaper to keep em in for life without parole than it is to keep them on death row.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's cheaper to keep em in for life without parole than it is to keep them on death row.
Only because of politics and a *******ization of the legal system, not because it's actually cheaper.
BusterAg
AG
Why should I be more upset about this than, say, the death of Denton Ward?
. . .
Jon Buice released from prison
Ryan the Temp
AG
When I thought this week couldn't get any ****tier.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
Man, I just read the story. Sounds like the dumbass emergency services workers killed the freaking guy as well. What did it take, 5 hours from when he was stabbed until when he was seen by a doctor?
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Man, I just read the story. Sounds like the dumbass emergency services workers killed the freaking guy as well. What did it take, 5 hours from when he was stabbed until when he was seen by a doctor?
That is a lie. Absolute lie.

From the time the 911 call came in to the time he was wheeled in the door of the ER was 50 (fifty) minutes. Paul was in surgery for seven hours and was given 22 pints of blood.

Ray Hill and Buice's lawyers want you to believe the doctors killed Paul because they were afraid of The AIDS.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
quote:
That is a lie. Absolute lie.

From the time the 911 call came in to the time he was wheeled in the door of the ER was 50 (fifty) minutes. Paul was in surgery for seven hours and was given 22 pints of blood.

Ray Hill and Buice's lawyers want you to believe the doctors killed Paul because they were afraid of The AIDS.

Wow, somebody should update Wikipedia, they're way off.
Ryan the Temp
AG
That's Ray's doing.
BrazosDog02
AG
quote:
Aren't all murders basically hate crimes?

Of course. By for some reason we like to get all up in arms when certain people get murdered. Somehow it's worth more if it's a gay or a black instead of a regular murder. It's stupid. I don't understand it but until I saw the news last nhht, I'd never heard of hill or buice.

I think it makes no gd difference whether it was a gay guy. The means in which the murder was committed does. For me, getting drunk and beating some guy to death with your fists alone is totally different than having a group of guys beat a man with a nail studded 2x4 and stabbing him.

I don't give two f---'s about his racial or sexual status and neither should anyone else.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Texas didn't have a hate crimes law that would have applied to this case until 2001, anyway. Even at that, the Texas law is rarely used because it creates a much more substantial burden on prosecutors for what might end up having zero effect on sentencing. All it does is "enhance" the penalty, and for crimes like murder, the sentence can't really be enhanced because the penalties are already stiff enough.
BrazosDog02
AG
Either way, he should remain in prison.

Perhaps someone will uhm....ya know....fix the problem.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Interesting thing is that Buice told a fellow inmate he was going to kill Ray Hill when he got out. That came up at a parole hearing several years ago.

One good thing is that Buice is not allowed to enter Harris County without permission from TDCJ.
HvilleAggie
AG
Regardless of the story, that may be the worst piece of journalism I've ever read.
pasquale
AG
Have any of the ten convicts that have been released kept clean records over the years?
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Have any of the ten convicts that have been released kept clean records over the years?
A couple of them landed back in prison.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.