Houston
Sponsored by

The guy who murdered Paul Broussard '87 is getting paroled

10,190 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ryan the Temp
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.chron.com/news/article/hed-6635490.php

This is a travesty of justice. I've appeared before the parole board numerous times with Paul's mother to urge them to keep his murderer in prison at least many years as Paul was alive - 27 years out of a 45-year sentence. He has served barely half of his sentence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Paul_Broussard

CrossBowAg99
AG
Why didn't the Houston lgbt vote to oppose his parole this time like they did in 2011?
agz win
AG
Why does Ray Hill support his parole?
Tom Hagen
AG
Are any of the other 10 still in prison?

94chem
None are still in prison, which means this is about to be the 10th travesty of justice.
agz win
AG
The wiki link has good detail, although it's wiki.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Why didn't the Houston lgbt vote to oppose his parole this time like they did in 2011?
Because I wasn't the president of that organization. I have always vehemently opposed release, and have been proud to stand by Nancy's side and hold hand during the hearings. She's had to sit through 20 parole hearings in the last 23 years.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Why does Ray Hill support his parole?
I could go on for days about Ray Hill's attention-whoring bull****, but I won't. All I'll say is that he said about all this several years ago that when everybody wants to keep Buice in prison, nobody pays attention to them, but they will certainly pay attention to the one person who wants him to be released. It is 100% about attention, and he thinks that when Buice is released he's going to come be Ray's boyfriend or something ****ed up like that. There has also been rampant speculation for years that Ray was being paid by Buice's family to push for release.
Mexrepublican
Why didn't they ever give him a 3 yr set off? Odd she had to fight it every year. State law mandatory release after 1/2 served. It used to be a 3rd.
DustysLineup
AG
I've listened to Ray Hill's radio show multiple times over the years, and never understood his agenda.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
I've listened to Ray Hill's radio show multiple times over the years, and never understood his agenda.
Ray's agenda is to get Ray attention. He will take credit for anything if he thinks he can get people to believe it, and God forbid you die, because then Ray will just make **** up about you because you aren't alive to prove him wrong.

That's what he did to Mike Anderson. Mike was the ADA prosecuting Buice for the murder in 1991. Mike was always vehemently opposed to Buice's release, but as soon as Mike died, Ray was out claiming Mike had said that Buice wasn't guilty and should never have gone to prison. All the lies Ray has told about Paul's murder would blow your mind. His favorite thing to do is say Paul was responsible for his own death in one breath and blame HFD for it in the next.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Why didn't they ever give him a 3 yr set off? Odd she had to fight it every year. State law mandatory release after 1/2 served. It used to be a 3rd.
Because at some point they gave him a one-year setoff. Once they do that, there is an additional level of justification the board has to provide to increase a future setoff to a longer period of time. The best they've done since that first one-year setoff was stretch it out to about 15 months, but that was it. Nancy came back to Texas every year to relive things.
aggiedent
AG
Lets stop the LGBT angle for a minute.

How many murderers have been paroled early in Texas? How many citizens have been incarcerated or even executed after being railroaded by corrupt DA's?

The "Travesty of Justice" is nothing new.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Buice pleaded no contest to the charges. He admitted everything.

Last year when we were prepping for the parole hearing, Buice was still below 50% of sentence, and we found that the number of murderers who have been paroled after serving 50% or less of their sentence was less than 1%. He has now served 51% of his sentence.
Texas Tea
AG

quote:
"This was not a hate crime," Hill said. "We had a bunch of kids drunk and stoned and disappointed they couldn't get into a gay bar. They drove around looking for trouble. It had more to do with immaturity. ... There never was any intent to hurt or kill gay people."
I've never heard of this clown, but why in the hell does this make it any better?
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:

quote:
"This was not a hate crime," Hill said. "We had a bunch of kids drunk and stoned and disappointed they couldn't get into a gay bar. They drove around looking for trouble. It had more to do with immaturity. ... There never was any intent to hurt or kill gay people."
I've never heard of this clown, but why in the hell does this make it any better?
I am jealous of you.
LawAg05
AG

quote:
How many murderers have been paroled early in Texas? How many citizens have been incarcerated or even executed after being railroaded by corrupt DA's?
agnerd
AG
quote:
"urge them to keep his murderer in prison at least many years as Paul was alive - 27 years out of a 45-year sentence. He has served barely half of his sentence."
Got it all wrong. He should have to remain in prison for AT LEAST as many years as he took away from the victim. 77 year life expectancy - 27 years already lived = 50 years minimum sentence.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:
"urge them to keep his murderer in prison at least many years as Paul was alive - 27 years out of a 45-year sentence. He has served barely half of his sentence."
Got it all wrong. He should have to remain in prison for AT LEAST as many years as he took away from the victim. 77 year life expectancy - 27 years already lived = 50 years minimum sentence.
27 years was the request made by Paul's mother. I think her request was gracious and generous. Otherwise, I totally agree with you. They beat Paul with nail-studded 2X4s before Buice stabbed him. He lived for eight hours. It was a painful, agonizing death.
cheeky
AG
put to death all convicted murderers - problem solved and less burden on the taxpayer.
schmellba99
AG
I really despise the hate crime statute, and the way it's implemented. Any crime like this is a hate crime, pure and simple - the idea that one group gets special treatment because they are a victim over somebody else is against what our justice system is about.

These crapheads sounded like they just needed their balls removed once they got into prison for what they did, The fact that the victim was gay is irrelevant to me, and none of them should get the opportunity to be relieved of their punishment early. I have serious doubts they changed their view after several years in prison and likely came out much worse than they ever thought they were going in.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
I really despise the hate crime statute, and the way it's implemented. Any crime like this is a hate crime, pure and simple - the idea that one group gets special treatment because they are a victim over somebody else is against what our justice system is about.

These crapheads sounded like they just needed their balls removed once they got into prison for what they did, The fact that the victim was gay is irrelevant to me, and none of them should get the opportunity to be relieved of their punishment early. I have serious doubts they changed their view after several years in prison and likely came out much worse than they ever thought they were going in.
I can appreciate the spirit of hate crime statutes, but with crimes like murder, the statutes really serve no purpose other than making the cases more difficult to prosecute. In practice, they work entirely against the purpose for which they were intended.
Post removed:
by user
schmellba99
AG
quote:
quote:

Great rant but what does it have to do with the case at hand?

It was a gay dude that was killed, and there was some mention of hate crime earlier. Just felt it needed a good rant, nothing more.
schmellba99
AG
Only if the DA chooses to go after them with that statute.

And let's face it, hate crimes are.....very selectively implemented. Yeah, I'll put it that way.
Post removed:
by user
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Only if the DA chooses to go after them with that statute.

And let's face it, hate crimes are.....very selectively implemented. Yeah, I'll put it that way.
I don't think the hate crime statute has ever been successfully applied in Harris County.
BMX Bandit
He was.

But now claiming it was just a rant to save face
schmellba99
AG
quote:
He was.

Uhhh....okay I guess? If it makes you feel better in your princess parts to think that, go right ahead I suppose.
Texan76
Seems like they all are getting off easy.
JYDog90
AG
Ryan, this is probably the wrong thread to do this in, but I gotta give you credit, you're knowledgable on a ton of different subjects.

I respect the way you study and immerse yourself into issues. Granted, this one was personal for you, but you tackle all of them with the same vigor.
BMX Bandit
quote:
quote:
He was.

Uhhh....okay I guess? If it makes you feel better in your princess parts to think that, go right ahead I suppose.

step 2: internet tough guy act
DustysLineup
AG
BMX, I agree with you in a ton of stuff, but you could lay off the internet critique.
BMX Bandit
You are probably right about laying off. But I'm right about his mistake.

For those that don't know the story of OP, read about it. This guy deserves death.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
For those that don't know the story of OP, read about it. This guy deserves death.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.