Houston
Sponsored by

I hate cougar high

18,478 Views | 172 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Jaydoug
HBCanine08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Isn't good-natured ribbing/bragging/smack talk amongst friends from different schools part of what makes college football so fun? As a UH fan, I really miss that from the SWC days.

Unless they are being especially rude or annoying about it, I don't see the problem.

As for not being rivals, I suppose that's true since A&M refuses to play UH ("nothing to gain"). But I remember very well the SWC days when beating UH meant a great deal to the Aggie fans. And even with G5 status foisted upon UH and money advantage A&M has over UH, there have been several seasons, including this one, where a game between the two teams (if it were to occur) would be very competitive and close.

I believe we'd get our asses kicked if we played UH this Saturday. If not then it would be close like you said.
ATM9000
AG
quote:
Isn't good-natured ribbing/bragging/smack talk amongst friends from different schools part of what makes college football so fun? As a UH fan, I really miss that from the SWC days.

Unless they are being especially rude or annoying about it, I don't see the problem.

This. I hate fans like the OP who think they are entitled or above goos natured rubbing because they have a bigger program or whatever. Unless someone is being genuinely insulting, take the ribbing you are getting, know that it is probably coming from someone who likes you and is trying to make light banter (especially family) and then move on.

It's silly to get offended or angry over it... Be angry at our athletic department instead.
MichaelJ
AG
Did it occur to any of you that maybe. Just maybe. They were being especially rude or annoying about it? Interjecting it when it had no place in the current conversation.

And to the guy that said I'm somehow affecting our season, I don't know what the hell he is talking about.

And there is no way uh is going to make the playoffs or even the slightest title run. It just won't happen. At 9-0 they are only ranked 24th in the cfp ranking. They don't have anyone on their schedule still remaining. If Baylor couldn't do it last year undefeated. Uh certainly can't this year
Jaydoug
AG
quote:
Did it occur to any of you that maybe. Just maybe. They were being especially rude or annoying about it? Interjecting it when it had no place in the current conversation.

And to the guy that said I'm somehow affecting our season, I don't know what the hell he is talking about.

And there is no way uh is going to make the playoffs or even the slightest title run. It just won't happen. At 9-0 they are only ranked 24th in the cfp ranking. They don't have anyone on their schedule still remaining. If Baylor couldn't do it last year undefeated. Uh certainly can't this year

El Duke
quote:

Did it occur to anyone that maybe. Just maybe. They verbally accosted this poor guy. I mean, these were UH- Alum family members. Probably high and just got back from Frenchy's on Scott Street. Im sure it was a near death experience.

MichaelJ
AG
Have you never ranted about anything?

I'm not sorry you have apparently been offended by me saying I hate your school/alumni. I'm not sure why you keep calling me out for saying verbally accosted, like I said it repeatedly. I'm not sure why you're still responding other than to just harass me.

But lay off and go back to flipping burgers and washing dishes.
El Duke
I am in no way affiliated with the school, other than family members. I find it so funny that UH owns real estate in your head. Looking at their remaining schedule, their current ranking, analyzing their chances at a playoff versus Baylor's chances. All that for the "pit stain of Houston"?

Maybe you should toughen up, I am in no way harassing you.
MichaelJ
AG
And yet you reply to every single message I make on this thread mocking my word usage.

They don't occupy real estate. It's simply looking at the rankings. And knowing they play in a crap conference with out any real opposition to boost their standing.
Panama Red
AG
Have you considered that they rub it in your face because you are overly sensitive and whine easily?

Ignore them, and they will leave you alone buttercup.
BMX Bandit
MichaelJ frothing at the mouth in excitement!

Some cougar fans about to get told!
Al Bula
AG
Wow cougs almost let Memphis get that one after they came back. Not gonna lie, switched over to the game as soon as the Ags won.
Jaydoug
Olsen
AG
UH will need to offer Herman a big contract extension after this season. His coaching record right now should say at least $3 million per year.
BMX Bandit
MichaelJ on suicide watch.
Texaggie7nine
I watched the UH game on my phone at Kyle Field.
7nine
bigjag19
AG
That was ****ing unreal. Utter silence from Memphis at the end.
Jett01
AG
The crowd came alive in the 2nd half and was very loud. Over 42k in attendance
StEdsCOOG
Fertitta is our wildcard.
Jett01
AG
Texaggie7nine
Is that an airplane light streaking across the top?
7nine
bigjag19
AG
I found myself in that pic.
El Duke
I hope he was not physically accosted by his family after the win.
Jett01
AG
quote:
Is that an airplane light streaking across the top?

No, it was a cable that stretched across the field. An airplane would've been much cooler
The Milkman
AG
Very great showing from UH and their fans last night... Full house and they stayed to the end of the game even when down 20. Wish our fans were staying until the end of games these days
88jrt06
AG
quote:
Have you never ranted about anything?

I'm not sorry you have apparently been offended by me saying I hate your school/alumni. I'm not sure why you keep calling me out for saying verbally accosted, like I said it repeatedly. I'm not sure why you're still responding other than to just harass me.

But lay off and go back to flipping burgers and washing dishes.

Not...going....well.....
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
Very great showing from UH and their fans last night... Full house and they stayed to the end of the game even when down 20. Wish our fans were staying until the end of games these days

Wasn't there, but heard it was a good showing.
texsn95
AG
quote:
Awesome story bro. It had humor, drama, a twist and a feel good ending.

Seriously you have a talent for story telling, you should explore that.

But it does absolutely nothing for my feelings about that putrid garbage university.

It's a stain on Houston.

I know cool mature old people too.

That does nothing to take away my hate for their program and obnoxious younger fans.
Keep arguing with strangers on the internet, that'll sure show 'em. ****ing idiot crybaby.
Texaggie7nine
Ferttita bumping Herman up to 3 mil.

Might just be able to keep him another year.
7nine
Al Bula
AG
But is Tilman giving Tom a special all-access member card to any Landry's establishment and/or Pleasure Pier?
BMX Bandit
MichaelJ starting to feel giddy?
Ag_07
AG
Hell yeah!!! UConn put those shocker lovin bandwagonners back where they belong...Back with the irrelevants of the mid-majors.
redag06
The loss to navy would have been even more upsetting.
Guitarsoup
AG
When I was on their rebranding committee, they repeatedly turned down my request to rebrand UH "The Harvard of the 3rd Ward."
FlyFish95
quote:
I hate their entire ignorant fan base. Every single one of them. I hate their fanbase's family. E.

All 4 of them?
TX04Aggie
AG
Go Coogs Go.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.