Houston
Sponsored by

ITL problem #283

4,944 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Tagguy
Martin Q. Blank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Public Notice - Drinking Water

Dear customer,

The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) requires that we notify all customers of a State regulatory occurrence. Routine testing in April uncovered an increase in naturally-occurring coliform bacteria in one of our seven drinking water systems. There is no immediate cause for concern or need to boil water. Continued monitoring, investigation and system adjustments have addressed the issue in the designated area, and City of Houston Drinking Water Operations staff will continue to routinely monitor the entire system.
Texaggie7nine
Just installed a PUR filter on my faucet. Got tired of drinking chalk.
7nine
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
It's been freaking nasty the last couple weeks. I actually got heartburn from drinking tap water the other day. Water is not supposed to do that.
BarryProfit
If you have an expensive new fridge with one of those expense water filters will it catch this sheet? I'm guessing no?
InnerCityAg
No, unfortunately the filters do not pick up on poop bacteria.
schmellba99
AG
Nope, filtration will not get rid of coliform. UV light and chlorination are the two primary methods to sanitize drinking water lines from this bacteria, with chlorination being the easiest and most common method.
MichaelJ
AG
so what youre saying is...that PUR filter is useless for this.
Hulla Baller
AG
OTL>ITL
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
Water is like $.1 a bottle at Costco... There is a Costco ITL, you have curbside recycling for the bottles. Stop being poor.
Texaggie7nine
It's not the $ that's the problem. It's the extra nuisance. Carrying the bottles from the store, throwing away the bottles, carrying the bottles out to the curb.....

Filling up your cup from the faucet and forgetting about it is much easier.
7nine
MrJonMan
AG
I never drink from the tap, bottled water is so cheap & tastes so much better than tap water, especially when it's got the butt bacteria in it.
GigemCO2008
AG
I have a Large Triple Tank Filtering system that filters all the water before it enters the house.

Beyond that, I have a RO unit at the sink and filtration in the fridge. F* Cypress Water.
InnerCityAg
quote:
I have a Large Triple Tank Filtering system that filters all the water before it enters the house.

Beyond that, I have a RO unit at the sink and filtration in the fridge. F* Cypress Water.

This does nothing for poopy water.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
so what youre saying is...that PUR filter is useless for this.
NO STARS!
Zobel
AG
RO Should get the bacteria out.
anaggieshusband
I wonder if the City of Houston is making sure that every backflow device gets tested once a year? There must be a million of them, and the TCEQ requires annual testing.
Bondag
AG
I have RO at the sink. I figure they just dumped a few tons of chlorine and figure it solved the problem. Better to not think about it.
Jaydoug
AG
Bunch on non-native Houstonians on this thread.

Houston water is not for outsiders. Go buy your fancy non-working filters. Go buy your fancy tap water put in jugs and labeled spring water.

88jrt06
AG
H-town water > exurb water.

Still true.
GigemCO2008
AG
You guys ITL boiling water yet from all these floods?
aTm2004
AG
quote:
Or, is it still 5 minutes to get anywhere in the city?
Jaydoug
AG
quote:

Naw, but you OTL guys go ahead and gloat while drinking your high-dollar 32oz Stripes mug worth of PUR-filtered MUD district ice water while chain-smoking on an hour and halfs worth of Hwy 290 exhaust fumes.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:

Naw, but you OTL guys go ahead and gloat while drinking your high-dollar 32oz Stripes mug worth of PUR-filtered MUD district ice water while chain-smoking on an hour and halfs worth of Hwy 290 exhaust fumes.
290 exhaust fumes > hipster odor
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
"That taste Greg, is our sh**"
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
Oak Forest gets the shaft. We are OTL losers AND we have to deal with ITL ish like this.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
quote:
quote:

That smell is good coffee and craft beer.

I'll take the hipster odor every day.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That smell is lack of hygiene and fixie tires.

fify
jpc08
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That smell is good coffee and craft beer.

My favorite craft beer is Blue Moon.

http://www.mensjournal.com/food-drink/drinks/millercoors-sued-for-selling-blue-moon-as-craft-beer-20150501
88jrt06
AG
quote:

Enjoy the looming MUD catastrophe, moron.
88jrt06
AG
quote:

Dude, that was excellent! Personal POTD.
GigemCO2008
AG
Exactly what Catastrophe are you speaking of? JW
Tagguy
AG
Unpossible. I hear every day about how living ITL is superior in every way to living OTL. Surely there can't be any downsides.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Unpossible. I hear every day about how living ITL is superior in every way to living OTL. Surely there can't be any downsides.
There is not a Pancho's Mexican Buffet ITL.
swimmerbabe11
ITL problem #284
I found the most perfectest house to rent at the perfect price...but its in ghettosville.

When I found the most perfectest house to rent at the perfect price two months ago it was rented out before I could finish emailing my application.
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:
ITL problem #284
I found the most perfectest house to rent at the perfect price...but its in ghettosville.

When I found the most perfectest house to rent at the perfect price two months ago it was rented out before I could finish emailing my application.

Relevant, especially ITL
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.