Houston
Sponsored by

ITL problem #283

4,939 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Tagguy
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
yep. Street view 1710 Mckee....street Looks nice right? Go up the street and around the corner....erm not so much
#ITLProblems

The GB had a thread on what your 'millennial superpower' could be if you had one...I didn't bat an eye before saying I wanted to be Gentrification Girl.
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:
yep. Street view 1710 Mckee....street Looks nice right? Go up the street and around the corner....erm not so much
#ITLProblems

The GB had a thread on what your 'millennial superpower' could be if you had one...I didn't bat an eye before saying I wanted to be Gentrification Girl.

I drive by that exact place on nearly a daily basis. You're smack dab in the middle of the Bloody Nickel. What did you expect? Parts of it are like a Third World country.
swimmerbabe11
Oh I know. It showed up on my automatic search thingy from HAR cause I have boundaries set too wide.

"Huh, where is this located"

*goes to Google maps*

Stan Crowch
AG
That's walking distance to lcc, Oxheart and St.Arnolds brewery and not "smack dab in the middle of the Bloody Nickel". I would be happy to show you the middle of the nickel if you want to see it.
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:
That's walking distance to lcc, Oxheart and St.Arnolds brewery and not "smack dab in the middle of the Bloody Nickel". I would be happy to show you the middle of the nickel if you want to see it.

Fine, it's southwest of the heart of the 5th Ward. Happy? Still a terrible neighborhood, and still the 5th ward.
swimmerbabe11
I have been forbidden to live anywhere east of 45.

Walking distance to St Arnolds would be fun though..
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:
I have been forbidden to live anywhere east of 45.

Walking distance to St Arnolds would be fun though..

Yeah, I don't think I'd ever want to be pioneering the regentrification of an area, especially as a renter. My area was bad enough when I bought my house a few years ago.
Tagguy
AG
quote:
Oh I know. It showed up on my automatic search thingy from HAR cause I have boundaries set too wide.

"Huh, where is this located"

*goes to Google maps*

Hahahaha oh boy. I have this happen all the time. I see a listing and everything looks great. Amazing price, nicely updated, maybe a pool.....then I look at the map. NOPE

I keep trying to explain this to my lady friend. I am looking at houses in very specific areas and she can't seem to understand why I won't look *here* or *over there*. She keeps saying they are only a street or neighborhood over. Smh
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.