Houston
Sponsored by

RIP Stag's Head

5,068 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Jugstore Cowboy
Al Bula
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Kroger on 11th is absolute garbage. Crappy produce, shelves are never full
Ninja, please. That Kroger is immaculate compared to the Kroger on 43rd/Ella in Oak Forest. OF Kroger is too small and has a terribly cramped parking lot. Plus it services lots of the Inwood, Pinemont and Acres Homes hoodrats.

With that said, OF Kroger > TG HEB.
Waltonloads08
AG
quote:
quote:
Kroger on 11th is absolute garbage. Crappy produce, shelves are never full
Ninja, please. That Kroger is immaculate compared to the Kroger on 43rd/Ella in Oak Forest. OF Kroger is too small and has a terribly cramped parking lot. Plus it services lots of the Inwood, Pinemont and Acres Homes hoodrats.

That HEB isnt great, but I'll take almost HEB over a Kroger on the price difference alone.
K Bo
AG
Came to bid adieu to Stag's Head found a Kroger vs HEB thread.

RIP Stag's.
Serotonin
AG
Has anyone been over there? I want to know what beer specials they have going. Need to help finish off their supply.
Diggity
AG
We went on Saturday afternoon. Not much as far as specials. Probably figure they can extort all the sentimental drinkers coming by for one last drink.

I remembered why I stopped going. Run down place, expensive beer and rude/ugly waitresses. Not a great combination.
Serotonin
AG
Yeah, the entire chain (SH,Richmond Arms, and King's Head) have those same problems. Hard to pay $7 for a pint when you can get $3 beer at Low Brow or Hay Merchant nearby.

But, the $7.50 pitchers on Monday and Tuesday aren't too bad.
MichaelJ
AG
what bar do you know outside of football season that offers saturday specials?
Diggity
AG
not many...I was just answering the guys question.

I don't really care about the lack of drink specials. Their regular prices were the problem.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
Nope. The OF Kroger is the closest to me, but I rarely go because it is such a pain in the a**.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I haven't been to Staggs Head in a few years, but compared to the Richmond Arms, the customer service was downright friendly. The strange thing was the turnover. Rarely saw the same servers more than once.

It was a decent enough place if you lived in the neighborhood, but I'm not making a nostalgic farewell voyage.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.