Houston
Sponsored by

Thank you Captain Obvious (traffic related)

13,773 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Diggity
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Answer the question.
BMX Bandit
Why are you so defensive?

You are in a safe place.

Every other jsck wagon snapping pictures also claims "traffic was stopped in front of me!"
aTm2004
AG
Why can't you just answer the question?
redag06
Drive from humble to hobby area in 45 minutes as long as there is no rain. Also can get downtown in the evening or weekend in less time than friends in the heights.
Diggity
AG
I'm sure your friends are real jealous about your commute times from Humble.
aTm2004
AG
Look at the picture again. Do you see the people on the right shoulder by the wall? Any guesses where they were when I came to a stop? Do you see the black Audi pulling away? Do you know how fast he was going when I pulled my camera out? Let me tell you. The people were in the left lane and the Audi was stopped. But hey, keep saying I'm rationalizing it. Facts be damned.
BMX Bandit
Are your friends walking from the heights to downtown? Your story is less believable than atm2004's
Texaggie7nine
quote:
Look at the picture again. Do you see the people on the right shoulder by the wall? Any guesses where they were when I came to a stop? Do you see the black Audi pulling away? Do you know how fast he was going when I pulled my camera out? Let me tell you. The people were in the left lane and the Audi was stopped. But hey, keep saying I'm rationalizing it. Facts be damned.
Are all those cars in front of you in park? Cuz I don't see any break lights. Also wtf are you stopped so damn far behind that Nissan if it's stopped?
7nine
aTm2004
AG
I take it you're not going to answer the question.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:
Are all those cars in front of you in park? Cuz I don't see any break lights. Also wtf are you stopped so damn far behind that Nissan if it's stopped?
We were stopped when I pulled my phone out I'm so far behind because some asshat next to me was mirroring me with the front of his car around my back door.
BMX Bandit
Its been answered. You are making up the "we were stopped!!" story because you got called out for being a bad driver.

earlier you said you were sitting still when you took the picture, now you say you were moving. You misremember?
aTm2004
AG
quote:
Its been answered. You are making up the "we were stopped!!" story because you got called out for being a bad driver.

You're right. I was flying through at 50 mph blasting Slim Thug while chugging drank.
MichaelJ
AG
Ill answer it...you shouldnt be using your phone while operating a motor vehicle...period...many states and countries have passed laws against it because of the proven risks associated with that distraction.

Im not saying im innocent...however...that is why its the problem...because snapping that picture delayed you, even if for 3 seconds, from accelerating in a timely manner. that car in front of you is over 10 yards away from you and yet, you are dead stopped...snapping a fcking picture...which probably causes the person behind you to stop and look for a little while longer...and the person behind them...and so on and so forth...

you CANNOT justify taking a picture, even while at a dead stop, while you are driving...and claim it wasnt impeding traffic... it just doesnt work like that... you were just as much the cause as anyone else who stopped and stared...or as the truck flipped on its side...

instead of being stopped taking a picture, you could have been safely accelerating and resuming your commute to/from work or whatever.
Texaggie7nine
As long as cops use their computers while they drive, I'm using my phone while I drive. Rarely to text though. Mostly to look on waze or google maps at traffic to see if I need to divert and find a better route. You see, it's all about speeding up my commute and anyone that impedes me getting from point a to point b as fast as humanly possible, they suck.
7nine
Zobel
AG
self driving cars can't get here soon enough. Traffic is caused by people and one tap on the brakes has knock on effects. Can't wait to get in my car, punch work address and take a nap or eat breakfast or read while it drives me at 125+ mph.
aTm2004
AG
Thank you! A reasoned response.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
As long as cops use their computers while they drive, I'm using my phone while I drive. Rarely to text though. Mostly to look on waze or google maps at traffic to see if I need to divert and find a better route. You see, it's all about speeding up my commute and anyone that impedes me getting from point a to point b as fast as humanly possible, they suck.
This. Save me the "cops have special training" BS, because if their driving training is anything like their gun training, they'll run over a cow they spotted a mile away.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
The question was answered right after you asked it.

quote:
quote:
I agree, but finberbang's rant was directed at the picture I posted. Also, traffic will slow down regardless when there's a wreck. There are some out there who want to try to spot the white sheet, but others are slowing down to not fly by the scene at posted speeds. I'm a speeder, but I will slow down quite a bit when there's an accident because I don't think it's the safest thing in the world to fly by people walking around at 75mph. Now, if the accident is on the other direction and there's a median or concrete barrier between us, then cruise on and possibly increase speed due to all the cops being at the accident.
I think that's because your picture was pretty much what he was talking about, generally speaking. You merely provided his example of what he believes (and actually is) to be a large problem on Houston highways.
quote:
this. There are several issues as yall have addressed, but this is the new level of rubbernecking

Panama Red
AG
quote:
In reply to Panama RedDrive from humble to hobby area in 45 minutes as long as there is no rain. Also can get downtown in the evening or weekend in less time than friends in the heights.
One of better exaggerations ever on this board. Up there with 62strat saying it takes 4-5 hours to get to New Orleans via airplane.

Its roughly 5 miles from the Heights to downtown. Most houses in Humble are about that far from 59

Al Bula
AG
quote:
Drive from humble to hobby area in 45 minutes as long as there is no rain. Also can get downtown in the evening or weekend in less time than friends in the heights.
So you are either a liar or have idiot friends. Maybe both?
Texaggie7nine
He forgot to say that his friends ride bicycles.
7nine
aTm2004
AG
You know...hipsters and all. That's the only way you'd be in town from Humble faster. Gimme a break.
redag06
I can leave my driveway and be at the flying saucer (parked) in 17 minutes. Yes, that is going a few miles over the speed limit.
And to be fair these friends don't technically live in the heights, west of shepherd, but still itl.
Panama Red
AG
If you live over 17 miles away, you are lying. Again.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
It takes me 25 minutes from the middle of spring branch to Channelview. That's with a stop at Starbucks.
redag06
So, I'm not lying. Live less than 17 miles from where I park if I'm going to the saucer.
Texaggie7nine
You would have to live right next to BW8 then.
7nine
Panama Red
AG
Why do you park near Cavalcade?

That is an awfully long walk. Are you a cross fitter?
redag06
Still humble address!!! Nope I park by the episcopal church/jail.
aTm2004
AG
Fall Creek is technically Humble.
aggiedent
AG
Well I'm whining about my commute for two reasons.

First, it's only 5 miles and is restricted to the far NW suburbs.
Second, in 20 years it has increased from approx 8-9 min to approx 25 minutes.

Suck, suck and suck.
AGeng25
AG
this thread
MichaelJ
AG
No "but still". That's like every idiot who says everything inside 610 is downtown.

You live in humble. So you which area of dallas are you from?
aTm2004
AG
quote:
No "but still". That's like every idiot who says everything inside 610 is downtown.

You live in humble. So you which area of dallas are you from?

The non-****ty part, which should narrow it down to 1 area on the southeast side.
The Wonderer
AG
There a ******* MegaBus broke the **** down on I45 N that has traffic all kinds of messed up. I didn't take a picture because I'm not a ******.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.