Houston
Sponsored by

New Listing by a Fellow Ag in The Heights this weekend.

13,401 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 94chem
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
A little far? Its about 0.6 miles.

Are you an obese person?

bruh, I've been told I'm "slender-athletic".

I walked home from Velvet Melvin to Timbergrove after the Texas Bowl so don't lecture me on distance walking (while drunk). That Fiesta is hood.

I figure Heights General Store was one of the grocery stores he walks to.
Rule #1
Stan Crowch
AG
This isn't Grindr RTT.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
This isn't Grindr RTT.
Scruff or GTFO
03_Aggie
quote:
Maybe it's just me but to be able to wake up to 100 year old floors and windows and sit on the porch with a cigar and a whiskey or coffee is one of the best feelings. And I don't think I'd get the same feeling sitting on a patio poured by some day laborer who could care less. I walk to Carter and Cooley and can see my original property for sale way back when Nicholson was called railway at and alleyways had street cars take patrons of houstons original suburb to downtown.
I can walk to 5 bars, 2 grocery stores, 20 restuarants and walk my dog through groves of 125 year old oaks lining the streets.

I get it because your huge lot and huge house there is so much space and stuff.

Congrats.
Those look like newer double pane windows?
Diggity
AG
quote:
quote:
This isn't Grindr RTT.
Scruff or GTFO
let's see if we can spot RTT

Gay Bears
Ryan the Temp
AG
Not clicking that at work.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
that house looks really familiar but i'm not sure why. congrats on the offers.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG

BMX Bandit

SQXVI

Crow anyone?

Closed and funded 20k plus over listing
BMX Bandit
Congrats
drumboy
AG
quote:

BMX Bandit

SQXVI

Crow anyone?

Closed and funded 20k plus over listing

"If you don't have anything nice to say....." F it.

Congrats.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Thanks guys.
cab595
Wish I would not have sold my home in the heights in 2012. Should have rented it.
Mustang1
AG
So uh where'd you move to?
cab595
77079 so doing just fine on this end as well, which is why I wish I would have rented. Would have enjoyed an extra $100k+ of home equity in 2.5 years on something more liquid than my permanent residence.
Boo Weekley
Knew you would...congrats. How liberal did the buyers look?
wessimo
AG
Congrats.

It is still startling see California home prices in Houston. Surely this is not sustainable.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Looking in memorial area (kirkwood and i10)
Being patient hopefully inventory will catch up and plataue pricing. Not sure that will happen tho. I think March and April will be busy months if houses lag about 6 months behind oil prices like historical trends. For now we're in a 900 sq ft furnished garage apartment in the heights still on Arlington.

Ready to jump on the right house but we're good here for a couple months. Might consider staying in the heights if I find something I feel is under valued on a good street. First priority is Nottingham area though. Might also consider spring valley, fleetwood or barkers landing if it gets to that.

Also have family in cinco and fulshear. Might consider moving that far out but hopefully not. No rush right now as were set for a few months, I think if I can stick it out till April may I'll have more choices.

Of course I could be dead wrong and desperate come June or July. We will see tho. Like everyone who bought in '12 it was worth the run up and hopefully I won't have to drop it all on the next place.
yeahtoast
AG
Selling my Heights home in 2014 was the best decision I ever made. People were offering STUPID money for aging junk.
94chem
quote:
Wow guys I didn't know starting this thread would get this response...I was just trying to give ags a look if they were interested. I guess I underestimated the suburban contingent. No offense but I am on the party where you would have to pay me to live in your neighborhood. But hey good luck with all the space.

i wish I could say more but I will bookmark and revisit this after we close. Maybe it's just me but to be able to wake up to 100 year old floors and windows and sit on the porch with a cigar and a whiskey or coffee is one of the best feelings. And I don't think I'd get the same feeling sitting on a patio poured by some day laborer who could care less. I walk to Carter and Cooley and can see my original property for sale way back when Nicholson was called railway at and alleyways had street cars take patrons of houstons original suburb to downtown.
I can walk to 5 bars, 2 grocery stores, 20 restuarants and walk my dog through groves of 125 year old oaks lining the streets.

I get it because your huge lot and huge house there is so much space and stuff.

Congrats.

NO - Congratulations to you for using 'I/me/my' 18 times in such a short post. Makes me want to move my 6 kids down there just to show all the 30-something DINKS where the real bubble is.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.