Houston
Sponsored by

Best kept secrets in Houston

15,597 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by XpressAg09
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where hot women HH ITL?
MAS444
AG
Need more info on the tunnel please.
94chem
The building, I think between Fannin and Main, just south of Buffalo Bayou. What the heck is it, who lives in it, and why is it still there?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
^do you mean Commerce, not fannin ?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
This one?

quote:
The abandoned International Coffee Building at Allen's Landing (6/8/12) sitting there and awaiting re-purposing
David_Puddy
AG
Are you talking about that little trailer house downtown? Always wondered about that
94chem
Yep - No telling how many people have been killed inside there. Hard to believe it's right next to the police station, the jail, and the courthouse.
Al Bula
AG
I would like to know how a trailer park exists ITL (Heights!!!) across the street from Cedar Creek.
Texaggie7nine
Rich rednecks. need to feel at home.
7nine
94chem
Can't figure out how to edit posts - I was referring to the International Coffee Building. A lot of articles on renovation - but nothing actually done yet? Sounds like a typical boondoggle, like the pedestrian bridge over the San Jacinto River in Humble, or the magic dinosaur park in New Caney.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
I would like to know how a trailer park exists ITL (Heights!!!) across the street from Cedar Creek.

Forget the one across from Cedar Creek. There's one in the heart of the Heights at 11th & Yale.
chico
AG
the coffee building is currently being renovated, activity there for quite awhile. It will have some sort of food & beverages, canoe/kayak rental, historical signs, etc. It has sorely needed repairs and hopefully will be a bit of a picnic area as well.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Howard Hughes' grave.

That weird purple tree/plant thing at the intersection of 610 South and I-10 East

chico
AG
more interesting to me is this bldg., overlooking White Oak Bayou just at the intersection with Buffalo Bayou. This should have commercial potential.
I've also thought the building at San Jacinto on the south side of the bayou has great potential (under Action Bail Bonds). It DROPS about 4-5 stories from street level down to the bayou. You could have bars/restaurants literally over the water.
Here's the first bldg.:
https://ssl.panoramio.com/photo/73926411
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
That weird purple tree/plant thing at the intersection of 610 South and I-10 East

There is no such intersection

There is the west loop and I-10 or the East loop and I-10, but no South Loop and 10
chico
AG
quote:
Howard Hughes' grave.

Hughes' grave is in Glenwood Cemetery (discrimination forced some to be buried next door at Washington Cemetery)
The colorful trees were done for years by a local artist who recently died. He put them all over.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:

There is the west loop and I-10 or the East loop and I-10, but no South Loop and 10

There's always getting a life, try it some time.
Madman
AG
The hotel with the sex themed bondage rooms. Have to be connected to rent. The observer did a story not long ago
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
more interesting to me is this bldg., overlooking White Oak Bayou just at the intersection with Buffalo Bayou. This should have commercial potential.
I've also thought the building at San Jacinto on the south side of the bayou has great potential (under Action Bail Bonds). It DROPS about 4-5 stories from street level down to the bayou. You could have bars/restaurants literally over the water.
Here's the first bldg.:
https://ssl.panoramio.com/photo/73926411

That building won't be there much longer if HCFCD gets their way.
chico
AG
Chip.... Explain??
ChipFTAC01
AG
Flood Control District is planning on building what they're calling a North Canal which lops off this loop in Buffalo Bayou just north of Downtown.

http://www.hcfcd.org/downloads/reports/2014CIPReport.pdf

Roughly draw a line from UH-Downtown to the red part on McKee Street.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.7648813,-95.3562511,470m/data=!3m1!1e3

I don't know the specifics but it will leave the Sheriff's Office and Jail on an island between the bayous.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

There's always getting a life, try it some time.
I have a life, it mostly consist of pointing out stupid people on the internet
Texaggie7nine
I'm always tellin FWA, he needs to get a life.
7nine
David_Puddy
AG
quote:
quote:

Forget the one across from Cedar Creek. There's one in the heart of the Heights at 11th & Yale.

I'll even go one further....there WAS one in the heart of downtown. However with the recent restructuring I guess they offered the owners an offer they couldn't refuse
ChipFTAC01
AG
Really? Where?
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:

Grandfathering.
Scantron882
AG
Jandek
BMX Bandit
Grandfathering?
Al Bula
AG
quote:
Jandek

I think what we need to uncover is why people lick that dude's butthole over his music. It's pretty crappy.
Worm01
AG
I nailed one of those Peacocks right after I moved to the area. Car in front of me swerved into the other lane and I didn't have time to stop or swerve. Popped it good, but it ran away. When I pulled up next to the other car at the light, he was yelling at me and flipping me off like I killed Santa. I shrugged and waved at him.
Original_NoOlives
Original_NoOlives
AG
Thursdays @ Dirt Bar. Either say the password or flip a coin to gain access to the secret, mysterious "backroom".
Stan Crowch
AG
Wierd late night above notsuoh.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
^They stopped. At least for now.
Original_NoOlives
AG
POH offers free 90-minute cruises aboard the M/V Sam Houston.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.