Houston
Sponsored by

Buffalo Speedway at US-59 to be closed for 30 days

4,227 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Original_NoOlives
Aggie1205
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
That's what hacks me off so much about this.

Prop 1 b/c we need additional funds for highways?

How about you don't tear up perfectly good exit & entrance ramps and repave them for no ****ing reason!

Seriously, the ramps onto the freeway along 59 ITL were probably the best segments of non-elevated roadway in the entire ****ing city.

This. There was no reason to re-do this stretch compared to all of the other issues around.
Satellite of Love
quote:
Exxon has/had a training/research facility in greenway.

So...he's correct.

Their training facility was north of Richmond at the corner of Buffalo Speedway and West Alabama. Not technically apart of the Greenway collection of buildings.
RK
AG
you're right, they had a facility [research hq?] at that location. in addition to that, they also had a training facility [technical software, and perhaps other stuff] located within greenway. so, you still look like a moron...but i admire your continued efforts in this matter.
rjamizon
quote:
quote:
Exxon has/had a training/research facility in greenway.

So...he's correct.

Their training facility was north of Richmond at the corner of Buffalo Speedway and West Alabama. Not technically apart of the Greenway collection of buildings.

What sub market would you call that site?
schmendeler
AG
Upper Kirby/river oaks
AggieC07
AG
Invesco is still in Greenway Plaza, I have some friends who work across the street from me.
Texan76
quote:
quote:

How about you don't tear up perfectly good exit & entrance ramps and repave them for no ****ing reason!

Seriously, the ramps onto the freeway along 59 ITL were probably the best segments of non-elevated roadway in the entire ****ing city.
This. There was no reason to re-do this stretch compared to all of the other issues around.
Someone told me that it had to do with 59 becoming an interstate. And it basically was use the money or lose it. This project has been a complete waste.
jamaggie06
AG
Sounds about right for government work.

"Oh, we have money we have to burn. In what way can we possibly inconvenience the most people for the most prolonged amount of time? I know, we can rip up & repave perfectly good entrance/exit ramps onto a major freeway through the heart of a highly populated city."

If that was indeed the case, I would have rather TXDOT just sat on and lost that supposed money. As of now, it has been completely wasted and done nothing but inconvenience millions of Houston drivers daily.
MAROON
AG
quote:

Couple this worthless endeavor with the construction on Bissonnet and there is literally no way around this cluster**** for me on my commute home.
this times a billion.

Who the frick comes up with these useless projects? They have done nothing to improve traffic flow - we just have a nicer shade of concrete. Could have just power washed the entire section over one weekend.
88jrt06
AG
Great Exxon thread.

No, Alabama is not Greenway.
Yes, Exxon DID have square footage IN Greenway simultaneously.
Greenway is around 90% occupancy....edging up.

NOW....With that out of the way, with Buffalo closed...DID GREENBRIAR EXIT REOPEN? (Or: when?)
Thanks in advance.
civilized05
AG
quote:
I'd like to see what my night stick looks like in the hands of that blond lady cop who directs traffic in front of Greenway 1.

Yum.

The truth, you speak it.
Original_NoOlives
AG
So over the ****ing construction. On a plus note, can we get a thumbs up for the abundance of grade A ass constantly lined up outside Oishii. God I love passing that place.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.