Houston
Sponsored by

Buffalo Speedway at US-59 to be closed for 30 days

4,226 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Original_NoOlives
BrazosBendHorn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
more or less, while TXDOT finishes its reconstruction. Going to be a lot of fun for those of us who work in the Greenway Plaza complex.

Link - ABC13
Al Bula
AG
Man that blows. Glad I don't work in that area anymore.
RK
AG
They have been systematically closing all of those exits for about that period. Currently it's greenbriar/shep. Before that it was Wesleyan. It's been sucking for a while and appears it will continue to suck.

Just looked at the article...I was assuming the ramps but the whole intersection? Damn.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
Going to be a lot of fun for those of us who work in the Greenway Plaza complex.

Who works there now that Exxon has moved?
RK
AG
You may be surprised to find that all of those big buildings in greenway, in addition to all the little buildings, have people working in them.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Gonna mess up my route to get to the bars on Friday and Saturday!!!
Mustang1
AG
If you are in Sugar Land or Rose Rich take the FT Bend Express shuttle.
Silky Johnston
This whole project has been a PIA. I may be talking out of my ass, but I haven't noticed any discernable improvements from what the feeders were
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
quote:
Going to be a lot of fun for those of us who work in the Greenway Plaza complex.

Who works there now that Exxon has moved?

Greenway =/= Greenspoint
Martin Q. Blank
Great. So who works at the Greenway facility now that Exxon has moved?
Satellite of Love
quote:

No dumbass. Exxon wasn't in Greenway. Oxy is in Greenway. That have most of building 5 plus in several other buildings near by. Ratards are the worse. Exxon has a building DOWNTOWN.
RK
AG
Exxon has/had a training/research facility in greenway.

So...he's correct.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
No dumbass. Exxon wasn't in Greenway. Oxy is in Greenway. That have most of building 5 plus in several other buildings near by. Ratards are the worse. Exxon has a building DOWNTOWN.
LOL, now just who is the dumbass here?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I do not buy that one of the largest companies in the world has multiple buildings in Houston. Not one bit.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:

So...he's correct.

Didn't know that. I knew their other buildings but had never heard Exxon had anybody in Greenway. I thought Lukoil had all of 3 Greenway by itself.
Ryan the Temp
AG
TxDOT loves me, this I know
For the traffic tells me so

My guess is the contractor is way behind schedule because TxDOT has put up financial incentives and penalties to hit Substantial Completion by November 21st, and a phased approach to this intersection would never make Substantial Completion by then. Penalty is $10,000 a day.
aTm2004
AG
quote:

Oxy, Transocean, Direct Energy, law firms, etc.
Martin Q. Blank
Did they simply take over their office space?
Martin Q. Blank
This article says they put their facility up for sale.
http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/breaking-ground/2014/07/exxon-mobil-corp-puts-two-of-its-houston.html
aTm2004
AG
I don't know. What's your infatuation with Exxon?
FarmerJohn
AG
quote:

So...he's correct.

Buffalo Speedway and W. Alabama is not Greenway. Close but not quite.
agforlife97
AG
Getting to and from Greenway is a total cluster. Took me 50 minutes to get there from Garden Oaks this morning (about 11 miles).
txaggie_08
AG
Yeah, that facility isn't technically in Greenway Plaza.

Also, Sheridan Production Company is here in Greenway! Have been for about 6 years.
AgMarauder04
AG
ITL Probs.
civilized05
AG
I work in GP5 and the construction/traffic has blown donkey balls around here for the past year. The Buffalo/59 closure is just icing on the **** cake. Seems like the only way to get around the traffic cluster f*** is to leave arrive at 4am and leave at noon.

And to answer the previous question, there hasn't been any discernable improvement in the quality of the feeders aside from them being a whiter shade of gray.
Al Bula
AG
This thread makes me miss Blanco's. Almost been a year since it closed down.

here.

schmendeler
AG
exxon used to be in GWP 3. don't know if they are gone or not
Buck O Five
AG
What's up with all these ex rivals showing up on the boards all of a sudden?
AggieC07
AG
I work at Greenway Plaza, traffic is absolutely ridiculous. Just getting out of my parking garage is a nightmare.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
I work at Greenway Plaza, traffic is absolutely ridiculous. Just getting out of my parking garage is a nightmare.
Don't you have off-duty cops to stop traffic for you to exit the garage?
AggieC07
AG
Getting on Edloe or Timmons towards 59 is pretty much a 15 minute ordeal. So I'm basically forced to take Richmond going west if I don't want to deal with that other stuff.

Or Timmons towards W Alabama/Westheimer. W Alabama isn't very fun either.
txaggie_08
AG
There's a cop that directs the lights at Edloe and Richmond, but I honestly don't understand how what he does doesn't just further hinder traffic, in this intersection and other that lead to it.

He'll leave a light green for an extraordinarily long time letting traffic go through, which is great, but it's basically just one direction moving due to turn lanes, so as he is letting more cars from that direction go through, he is making all other traffic back further and further up, most likely into other traffic light intersections which will just mess the flow up at them as well.
BarryProfit
Invesco, used to be Aim, is in Greenway as well. Several smaller finance shops as well.
jamaggie06
AG
That's what hacks me off so much about this.

Prop 1 b/c we need additional funds for highways?

How about you don't tear up perfectly good exit & entrance ramps and repave them for no ****ing reason!

Seriously, the ramps onto the freeway along 59 ITL were probably the best segments of non-elevated roadway in the entire ****ing city.

Couple this worthless endeavor with the construction on Bissonnet and there is literally no way around this cluster**** for me on my commute home.
long string
I'd like to see what my night stick looks like in the hands of that blond lady cop who directs traffic in front of Greenway 1.

Yum.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.