Houston
Sponsored by

City attorneys subpoena sermons

51,908 Views | 431 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by CrossBowAg99
Rubicante
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You done talking out of your ass? It's starting to stink in here.

There are countless examples (and many gravestones to go along with them) of gay people who have tried to change their orientation and failed. Exodus International is the most famous example of an organization that had to end up admitting they had it all wrong, but there are many others. Your theory of homosexuality being caused by being caused by how your mom raised you has no merit (it has a lot to do with whether someone feels free to be true to their orientation, or live a self-loathing lifestyle with a possibility of ending up in drugs/suicide, however). It's possible you haven't picked up a textbook relating to human psychology since you were in college. Here's a video to help you catch up: Is Homosexuality a Choice? (Educational Cartoon)

The teens trying to handle going through puberty in your high school are not evidence that homosexual orientation does not exist. The existence of bisexuals does not mean that homosexual orientation does not exist. The existence of closet cases does not mean that homosexual orientation does not exist. If it's just a choice, why didn't you trade **s with your roommate in college? Think about all the fulfilling sex you could have had without even having to leave the dorm!

Based on your other responses I don't think we'll be able to go anywhere from here, but feel free to continue spouting bull****. I actually feel sad for you. It must be hard holding to ignorant beliefs while the world progresses without you; while we know that society is advancing, it must feel like the world is crumbling around you. Must be horrible.
HtownAg92
AG
I saw first-hand the greater impact of Parker's mis-step yesterday at church. Our pastor discussed a meeting of pastors across all denominations called by the pastor at First Baptist. It was called to pray for our city in response to Parker's subpoena. The underlying message was that churches were under attack from the City. Regardless of the truth and politics involved, the collective groans and shaking of heads of a wealthy congregation, likely played out in other churches with money across the city, was powerful. Good luck to any candidate tied to Parker getting campaign donations moving forward.
Texas Savage
quote:
Spider, that savage guy isn't even an Ag. Needs to go back from where he came

First of all, it's hilarious that you think only an Aggie has enough merit to comment on this situation (or any for that matter)

Second, being an Aggie does not mean the same thing it used to. The long held values and traditions either went away and/or began a steep decline when Bonfire fell in 1999. A&M is a commercialized, watered down, mainstream commodity that has traded it's identity for PC standards and progressive trends.

My comment about RtT being scum was overboard because I was, like I said, evening things out in the conversation in which he said was "respectful and civil". I guess I just found it ironic because HERO is neither of those.

cone
AG
quote:
My comment about RtT being scum was overboard because I was, like I said, evening things out in the conversation in which he said was "respectful and civil".

so exaggerate/lie to offset someone else's opinion that you don't agree with?

that sounds pretty progressive to me
Ducks4brkfast
AG
quote:
I saw first-hand the greater impact of Parker's mis-step yesterday at church. Our pastor discussed a meeting of pastors across all denominations called by the pastor at First Baptist. It was called to pray for our city in response to Parker's subpoena. The underlying message was that churches were under attack from the City. Regardless of the truth and politics involved, the collective groans and shaking of heads of a wealthy congregation, likely played out in other churches with money across the city, was powerful. Good luck to any candidate tied to Parker getting campaign donations moving forward.

Winning the PR battle is worth a whole hell of a lot more than winning the subpoena battle.

The City will get the info they're after, however they will fall off the PR cliff along the way.
spider96
AG
quote:
quote:
Spider, that savage guy isn't even an Ag. Needs to go back from where he came

First of all, it's hilarious that you think only an Aggie has enough merit to comment on this situation (or any for that matter)

Second, being an Aggie does not mean the same thing it used to. The long held values and traditions either went away and/or began a steep decline when Bonfire fell in 1999. A&M is a commercialized, watered down, mainstream commodity that has traded it's identity for PC standards and progressive trends.

My comment about RtT being scum was overboard because I was, like I said, evening things out in the conversation in which he said was "respectful and civil". I guess I just found it ironic because HERO is neither of those.

Now I know you're definitely a troll. Go away.

htxag09
AG
I hate to interrupt this cat fight, but figured I'd leave this here....

http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/19/idaho-city-to-christian-pastors-preform-same-sex-weddings-or-face-jail/
agmatt06
AG
No No No.

In Houston you only have to:

1. Pay $5,000
2. Pay court costs
3. Be convicted of a Class C Misdemeanor
4, Give up your First Amendment right

So this is a much better deal than Idaho....
Jack Cheese
AG
quote:
I hate to interrupt this cat fight, but figured I'd leave this here....

http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/19/idaho-city-to-christian-pastors-preform-same-sex-weddings-or-face-jail/

Awesome. That which must be tolerated must next be compulsory.

The ministers in this case have too much integrity, but it would be funny if they gave the couple what they are demanding. Stand up and perform the ceremony.

Say out loud "I am being compelled by government authority on pain of prosecution to certify this immoral sinful union. By the power vested in me and under duress I regretfully pronounce you man and husband. Are you happy now?"
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:

There are countless examples (and many gravestones to go along with them) of gay people who have tried to change their orientation and failed. Exodus International is the most famous example of an organization that had to end up admitting they had it all wrong, but there are many others. Your theory of homosexuality being caused by being caused by how your mom raised you has no merit (it has a lot to do with whether someone feels free to be true to their orientation, or live a self-loathing lifestyle with a possibility of ending up in drugs/suicide, however). It's possible you haven't picked up a textbook relating to human psychology since you were in college. Here's a video to help you catch up: Is Homosexuality a Choice? (Educational Cartoon)

The teens trying to handle going through puberty in your high school are not evidence that homosexual orientation does not exist. The existence of bisexuals does not mean that homosexual orientation does not exist. The existence of closet cases does not mean that homosexual orientation does not exist. If it's just a choice, why didn't you trade **s with your roommate in college? Think about all the fulfilling sex you could have had without even having to leave the dorm!

Based on your other responses I don't think we'll be able to go anywhere from here, but feel free to continue spouting bull****. I actually feel sad for you. It must be hard holding to ignorant beliefs while the world progresses without you; while we know that society is advancing, it must feel like the world is crumbling around you. Must be horrible.

I could care less whose cock you smoke or whose ass you are smelling up in here! All I can do is speak from my experience. I don't study gay culture. I have had gay friends but I do not currently have any. I am just a SE Texas redneck. These are my opinions. IDGAF what you think.

I hope you feel sad for. I need someone to.

I know some people are born gay.

There are at least just as many others that are confused or weak minded and think that they want to be gay. I have seen it.

I just don't get how you can compare gays with civil rights. I just doesn't work and that is why you can't answer the question that I posed.

I can wake up tomorrow and say I am gay and get preferential treatment for government jobs and other ****?

Is there going to be a test to prove I am gay? Do I need to smoke a pole to get this preferential treatment?

If I were black and sought CRA protection, it is pretty easy to prove that I am black.

You are obviously pro choice. I think my next law will be to test babies in the womb to see if they are gay, since they are born that way and all. We will try to convince all expectant mothers abort all gay babies, since gays are born that way and you are pro choice. Cool with that?

Idiot!

Rubicante
AG
quote:
I don't study gay culture. I have had gay friends but I do not currently have any. I am just a SE Texas redneck. These are my opinions. IDGAF what you think.

The fact that you called me an idiot after your opening statement essentially being "I'm a SE Texas redneck that talks out of my ass." is pretty funny. You're dumb.

quote:
I know some people are born gay.

There are at least just as many others that are confused or weak minded and think that they want to be gay. I have seen it.

You say that you don't have any gay friends, and are proud of not doing any research on homosexuality, but you somehow understand what is going on at a deep level within someone's brain physiology better than leading psychology experts in this field? You're dumb.

quote:
I just don't get how you can compare gays with civil rights. I just doesn't work and that is why you can't answer the question that I posed.

I have not compared gays with civil rights, and you didn't ask me any questions (unless "go **** yourself" is a question?). Keep track of who you're trolling. You're dumb.

quote:
I can wake up tomorrow and say I am gay and get preferential treatment for government jobs and other ****? Is there going to be a test to prove I am gay? Do I need to smoke a pole to get this preferential treatment?

Really not even sure how to respond to this statement. Using this to support your argument that people choose to be gay is pretty fantastic. Two things, 1) Show me where it has been discovered that people are obtaining jobs by claiming to be a homosexual (warning: I have many, many examples of people who lost their jobs for being homosexual in the event you actually find one), AND 2) Show me where it has been proven that these people are alienating friends, family, all for the sake of altering their sexual orientation in order to receive said job. My guess is that you can't do either. This was a pretty dumb statement all-around, but unsurprising considering the source. You're dumb.

quote:
If I were black and sought CRA protection, it is pretty easy to prove that I am black.

Again, for the sake of anyone reading this, I never mentioned anything about civil rights. This is a pretty lame attempt at a straw-man, but not nearly as lame as...

quote:
You are obviously pro choice. I think my next law will be to test babies in the womb to see if they are gay, since they are born that way and all. We will try to convince all expectant mothers abort all gay babies, since gays are born that way and you are pro choice. Cool with that?

LOLOLOLOL. I can just imagine what gears are turning in that "SE Texas redneck" brain of yours. ("Hur hur hur... don't have any cited facts to back me up... hur hur hur... I know what'll get this libtard... ABORTION!")

I'm not a part of the pro-choice movement.

While that sinks into your primitive mind ("b-b-b-but he disagrees with what preacher and pawpaw told me so he must fit this cookie-cutter Democrat that I have in my mind), let me also further surprise you by stating that I did not vote for a single Democrat candidate in the last two general elections, and certainly didn't vote for Annise Parker. So your attempt at making a strawman fallacy (followed shortly by a half-assed slippery slope fallacy) is completely based on concocted bull**** like everything else you spew on these boards. You're dumb.

I don't care what OP's angle is. I don't care what RtT's angle is. My specific beef with you is you are a troglodyte who places his personal ignorant opinions over countless associations, peer-reviewed journals, and anything that closely resembles that scary thing we call *science*. Believing in common scientific opinion doesn't make you a Democrat. Rejecting common scientific opinion doesn't make you a Republican. It makes you dumb. And if there is one thing I've learned online, it's to never argue with dumb people, as they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

On that note, I am ashamed at not taking my own advice in not arguing with trolls. Feel free to have the last word as a benefit to yourself and the other scientifically illiterate on this board. I won't be reading it. Have a great day!
88jrt06
AG
quote:
quote:

I could care less whose cock you smoke or whose ass you are smelling up in here! IDGAF what you think.

Do I need to smoke a pole to get this preferential treatment?

I think my next law will be to test babies in the womb to see if they are gay, since they are born that way and all. We will try to convince all expectant mothers abort all gay babies. Cool with that?

Idiot!

How hateful do you have to be to get a ban, staff? Screw the issue. Read this guy's WORDS.
Serious anger issues here, and we see it a lot. JUST READ THE QUOTE ABOVE. Staff?
Guitarsoup
AG
Why can't the mayor spend her time getting us Gigabit internet?
Texan76
quote:

Disagree. My aunt is a lesbian. Her and all her friends are the attractive lipstick types. She told me that she was molested as a young girl. She says every one of her lesbian friends was too. She thinks that has something to do with her not being attracted to men. Her and her friends do not associate with the bull dyke types. My aunt believes those types were born that way.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
quote:
quote:
She thinks that has something to do with her not being attracted to me.

wtf
Zeke1995
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

wtf
schmellba99
AG
quote:
My concern is that, as RTT pointed out, we're going through all this (per the Ft Worth example) 3 cases per year - of people being a-holes - IN THEIR PRIVATE PROPERTY.

I have serious issues with giving up ANY private property rights. It's my business, and I should have the right to deny service to any I see fit, for any reason - even if I'm just an a-hole that day.

I also disagree with granted any one race/class/gender identity group an advantage over any other. And apparently, according to the ERO, everyone is a protected class except (straight) white males.

This. This right mothereffing here.

Newsflash: You cannot legislate a-holes into non-aholes. All that legislation does is penalize everybody but those you intend to penalize.

The damned government needs to get the hell out of this type of politics and worry about roads, bridges, water, sewer and the few things the government was actually created for.
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
quote:

Disagree. My aunt is a lesbian. Her and all her friends are the attractive lipstick types. She told me that she was molested as a young girl. She says every one of her lesbian friends was too. She thinks that has something to do with her not being attracted to men. Her and her friends do not associate with the bull dyke types. My aunt believes those types were born that way.
88jrt06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I could care less whose cock you smoke or whose ass you are smelling up in here! IDGAF what you think.

I think my next law will be to test babies in the womb to see if they are gay, since they are born that way and all. We will try to convince all expectant mothers abort all gay babies. Cool with that?

Idiot!

How hateful do you have to be to get a ban, staff? (Again)
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Idiot!

How hateful do you have to be to get a ban, staff? (Again)

Texan76
quote:
quote:
quote:

wtf
Terrible typo.
swimmerbabe11
quote:

The damned government needs to get the hell out of this type of politics and worry about roads, bridges, water, sewer and the few things the government was actually created for.

Blue star for this

But for once, could one of these arguments not disintegrate into pro-gay/anti-gay on a basic level? Do we not understand that there are ways to have a discussion about the actual situation at hand without playing the "You hate gays" or "gays choose to be gay or not" games?

I, for one, would prefer that restrooms be based not on ones gender association but rather with the actual biological parts in their pants. However, if a privately owned place decides to have unisex bathrooms or some other such separation policy, so be it.

I would also prefer if the government not recognize my marriage or any other marriage, regardless of gender and leave social mores like that up to the individuals, their pastors, and their lawyers/accountants/etc.

If the pastors are being subpoena'd for reasons unrelated to the lawsuit that they started (?), that seems at the lightest unethical and at the gravest, unconstitutional. I find myself quite ignorant of everything that happened, so a refresher course would be great.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
Blue star for this

That's not a star.
swimmerbabe11
Maybe it believes it should be a star. Perhaps it was born in the wrong body. Who are you to discern what shape it is?
cone
AG
a person with eyes
Jack Cheese
AG
quote:
Maybe it believes it should be a star. Perhaps it was born in the wrong body. Who are you to discern what shape it is?
Martin Q. Blank
^That's a blue star.
swimmerbabe11
Well we all know that stars are just the diamonds of the sky.
cone
AG
i thought stars were a totally different state of matter compared to diamonds
Ducks4brkfast
AG
stars are big balls of burning gas.
swimmerbabe11
I guess maybe not everyone knew.
Farmer1906
AG
Nah just fireflys that got stuck.
vansprinkle
AG
quote:
stars are big balls of burning gas.

AKA massive farts after a Houstonian, Frito pie, jalapeos on the side of errthang, and gallon of Delaware punch.
KW02
AG
How much is this fight costing the taxpayers?

Counsel for the COH includes Haynes & Boone, City of Houston Legal Department, Susman Godfrey (apparently pro bono) and Norton Rose Fulbright.

Texaggie7nine
quote:
I am not saying everyone chooses to be gay but you can. You can't choose to be black or anything else covered by the cra

Your arguments will never be given any respect so long as you spout off such stupid nonsense.

Actual homosexuals have absolutely no more control or decision in their sexuality than minorities have on their race. It absolutely laughable that anyone living in today's age of information could believe otherwise.
7nine

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.