Houston
Sponsored by

Anyone stuck on 610 West Loop today?

4,015 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by CrossBowAg99
Al Bula
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From the Eastex Freeway to Stella Link, the West Loop is more of a parking lot than it usually is. Anyone get caught up in the crap today? Truck on fire, multiple wrecks, all kinds of ill sh_t happening today. My commute was affected by all this and I don't even have to get on a freeway.

Friday morning went in dry on Houston drivers.

Dan Scott
AG
Still stuck in traffic
MosesHallEnforcer
AG
Yeah that was wild. 1.5 hrs for a 15 minute commute. It was apocalyptic out there.
Al Bula
AG
Tell stories. If I was stuck in traffic, I would be punching myself for not having ice cold beer with me at 7 or 8 o'clock.
TXAG 05
AG
Just got an alert they are going to keep it closed until at least noon. Good luck to anyone out there.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Took me a little over two hours to get to the office this morning. From Greenway Plaza to the Heights. LOL.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
Took me a little over two hours to get to the office this morning. From Greenway Plaza to the Heights. LOL.
Not sure if serious...
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
srs bro
cone
AG
made it from Bellaire to 11th St in a hour or so
Al Bula
AG
quote:
srs bro

You take 610 from GW to the Heights?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
On a Friday, it's usually quiet. And Bellaire to 11th has you skipping the one lane 59-to-610 interchange.

Had to switch lanes (and grip grain) with the quickness when I heard there was fire. Had to ride the feeder all the way to Memorial Drive but that was a parking lot too.
cone
AG
you sure you're good at this whole Houston thing?
RK
AG
Accident on 610 just north of bissonet had me 15 minutes behind just trying to get from Bellaire to 59. Fire trucks, tow trucks, cop cars...
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
you sure you're good at this whole Houston thing?

Positive.
cone
AG
I know you're good at urbandictionary.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
I know you're good at urbandictionary.

Understatement of the year.
Jack Klompus
AG
Was approaching Loop 610 at Old Katy around 6:55 am when I saw large plumes of smoke. I came to a stand still around 7:15 am, and didn't move until 9:30 am.
TX scallywAG
AG
I can see 610 from my office window.... still CRAWLING.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
Ryan the Temp
AG
My 11-minute commute took 12 minutes this morning because the timing was off at a traffic signal.
Furlock Bones
AG
290 I has been completely ****ed from pinemont to the loop all day.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Saturday afternoon it took me about an hour to get from Meyerland to 290. No fires or flashing lights or anything, but at least three cars were mixed up in it and blocking the two right lanes just past the I-10 exit.
BarryProfit
quote:
290 I has been completely ****ed from pinemont to the loop all day.

I hear the worst day for that stretch of freeway is Everyday.
OXDL45
Waltonloads08
AG
610 north loop at ella was gettin reeeal ignant about noon today with people bailing off 610 by driving the wrong way on the ramp to get to the feeder. Freeway shut down at tc.

One of those people was me
Furlock Bones
AG
Barry troof but this was at 10:30. Usually a mid morning run is not too bad. Those days look to be done.
agracer
AG
why did I leave Houston again...oh, that's right.
RK
AG
you left a city because there is traffic when a truck catches on fire in the middle of the road?
aTm2004
AG
Cities I've driven in with worse traffic than Houston:
LA
Chicago
DC
Miami
Austin
Dallas
Philly
agracer
AG
quote:
you left a city because there is traffic when a truck catches on fire in the middle of the road?
The freeways shut down if there is a minor fender bender in Houston. I honestly believe the police and first responders have a large pool going on, and at the end of the year, they all vote on who screwed up traffic the most (weighted for severity of the accident) and that group wins the pot.

My current office is 10 miles from my house. I can leave at 7:10 and I'm at my desk at 7:30. I leave work at 5, and I'm home by 5:20. Take both freeways and side streets including 9 street lights.

I drove 30 miles to get to the Royals WC game on Tuesday night. I had to wait for my boys to get out of football and I knew we'd be pushing the 7:05 first pitch. Left the house at 6:20. We were in our seats for the National Anthem.
cone
AG
oh man you live in Kansas tell me more
aTm2004
AG
You live in KC. Whoop-dee-****ing-do. I'll take traffic and living in Houston than no traffic and living there. Yes, I've been there several times. I'll actually be spending Thanksgiving around there this year.
Diggity
AG
quote:
quote:
The freeways shut down if there is a minor fender bender in Houston. I honestly believe the police and first responders have a large pool going on, and at the end of the year, they all vote on who screwed up traffic the most (weighted for severity of the accident) and that group wins the pot.

My current office is 10 miles from my house. I can leave at 7:10 and I'm at my desk at 7:30. I leave work at 5, and I'm home by 5:20. Take both freeways and side streets including 9 street lights.

I drove 30 miles to get to the Royals WC game on Tuesday night. I had to wait for my boys to get out of football and I knew we'd be pushing the 7:05 first pitch. Left the house at 6:20. We were in our seats for the National Anthem.

I've never understood the purpose of these types of posts. Do you write your ex girlfriend and tell her how much better you have it now as well?
Sean_Jones
Dear Marmol,

Remember 10 years ago when you left me for that snake charmer and you said I had a small peen and then I was depressed for 6 months, well now I'm happy as can be. I work 50 hours a week, have 2 kids, a slightly overweight wife and a job that is only 10 miles from house. The best part is there is no traffic!! My life is awesome, just wanted to let you know.

Regards,
Agracer
TXAG 05
AG
I thought it was a 62Strat post until I saw he was in Kansas instead of the golden shangri-la of Colorado.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.