Houston
Sponsored by

HPD officer fatally shot at 61 Riesner (City Jail)

11,484 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Lot Y Tailgate
BarryProfit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
Is the ticket scam a felony, if it is could the other counterparts be charged with felony murder?
Post removed:
by user
MemorialTXAg
So, "**** the police" is what this turned into? Excellent.
AMW2010
AG
No, more like **** the corrupt police!
txaggie_08
AG
I'm going to have to check my ticket tonight...
agnerd
AG
Looks like these cops are going to be up for 3rd degree felonies and 2-10 years in jail. I hope the civil suits wipe out the rest of what they have.
AMW2010
AG
I know when I was in court the first time... Rosa looked realllllly nervous.

The first thing my lawyer told me in my cop is a giant scumbag. Then he actually said I doubt that the witnessing officer was even present.

then I talked to my cousin who is HPD and he said he knew Rosa, and he was a POS and I should fight the ticket.

Interesting how this has all turned out. My court date is sept 12, will be keeping yall updated as this all unfolds
hombre
quote:
NOTHING worse than a crooked cop. A murderer at least is not entrusted with special privileges that allow him special privileges not given to the general population. If this guy was writing bogus tickets and charging overtime he didn't deserve, he is the lowest form of human
Where would this guy fall on your scale?

just trying to get a sense of your moral hierarchy....

[This message has been edited by hombre (edited 8/21/2014 11:18a).]
CW Griswold
At least in his final act he saved the tax payers the cost of a prosecution and potential incarceration. That would have probably cost more than his bogus overtime pay. Sounds like a guy who cares about government waste to me.

If only some of our politicians would follow his lead.

Al Bula
AG
I don't care about cops, tickets or ISIS. I am more interested in the rerail establishment in the UK known as "Poundland" (from the tabloid, left side).
Ag of Enlightenment
AG
Some of y'all are heartless MFers. Was this officer dirty, probably. Did he and his boys deserve to be punished? Absolutely. Especially Rosa, he's not well liked after writing HFD a ticket on their way to the funeral for the 4 firefighters that were killed last year.

However, a man died. At his own hand. A husband and father. That's a terrible tragedy. Perhaps rejoicing that your citation will be dismissed or complaining about pensions could be held later in a different thread.
AMW2010
AG
im not rejoicing about a potential dismissal.

I could careless about the guy that killed himself. All I care about is the 2 dirty cops that were a part of it, and have direct involvement with me! and hoping that justice is served.

I tried to ask you about this awhile back and you wouldn't comment on it.
Ag of Enlightenment
AG
I can't comment on something I don't know anything about. But give me an email address and I'll contact you.
AMW2010
AG
The news just contacted me and asked if I'd like to be on tv!!
sts7049
AG
good luck reveling in this dirty cop's death on tv
sts7049
AG
quote:
Some of y'all are heartless MFers. Was this officer dirty, probably. Did he and his boys deserve to be punished? Absolutely. Especially Rosa, he's not well liked after writing HFD a ticket on their way to the funeral for the 4 firefighters that were killed last year.

However, a man died. At his own hand. A husband and father. That's a terrible tragedy. Perhaps rejoicing that your citation will be dismissed or complaining about pensions could be held later in a different thread.

couldn't agree more AoE.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
While it may be tragic to this guy's family and friends you'll be hard pressed to find sympathy for a person charged with the public trust violates that trust for personal enrichment and offs themself.
Frok
AG
I'll make sure I check for witnesses on my tickets from now on. If I see it on there am I allowed to ask the cop where the witness listed is?
schmendeler
AG
Sure, just brace for the tazing soon to follow
Ag_N_Houston
AG
quote:

Ryan the Temp
AG
I don't think anyone is rejoicing in his death. The thread just got derailed. I think it's terribly sad he thought that was the only solution to the trouble he was facing.
AMW2010
AG
I'll say it again... I'm no rejoicing his death... I could care less about that guy, my beef is with the other 2 guys...

As far as the guy that killed himself... I feel bad for him actually... For whatever reason, if this is all true, he had a guilty conscious about something he was apparently involved in.

If I'm the one that detailed the thread, my mistake, i only took notice once more facts were released. And it directly involves the outcome of my ticket
txaggie_08
AG
Manzanales is the cop that wrote my ticket on July 15th. He has the witnessing officer being Brian Chebret, but doesn't show his badge number. I don't believe there was another officer on location besides Manzanales...

I guess at this point it doesn't really matter as I've already signed up for deferred disposition, but I wonder if Chebret is dirty also?

[This message has been edited by Txaggie_08 (edited 8/21/2014 6:38p).]
fire09
AG
M1911 will be here shortly to ask you to take off your tinfoil hats.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
newsflash: nobody cares if the deceased cop wrote you a ticket recently, or not. have some class.
SQXVI
AG
quote:
newsflash: nobody cares if the deceased cop wrote you a ticket recently, or not. have some class.

Great job Sir ******** the White Knight, excellent use of newsflash
AMW2010
AG
Extra news flash - No one cares about what you have to say O'Doyle.... and if you actually read the thread, I'm pretty sure the majority doesn't care about the guy that offed himself either, more interested in the dirty cop scandal
txaggie_08
AG
quote:

Newsflash: No one on here is talking about any tickets that the deceased cop wrote them. It's the other cops that were dismissed that wrote our tickets..
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
It's "couldn't care less". Stop saying "could care less".

HTH
RK
AG
quote:
he's not well liked after writing HFD a ticket on their way to the funeral for the 4 firefighters that were killed last year

what a dick.
XpressAg09
AG
Newsflash: Tx_Aggie08 drives really fast and was probably likely pulled over doing 15 over...don't have to be dirty for that.
txaggie_08
AG
Newflash: This isn't about them giving illegitimate tickets. I'm sure most of the time, if not always, the tickets were justified. My inquiry, as it appears is AMW's also, is that the cops were hoping to take in extra overtime from our cases.

In my case, it's not really a concern as I already settled for deferred disposition. It's really just curiosity.
XpressAg09
AG
Newsflash: I didn't read this whole thread...just saw you biitching about tickets.

Get back to work.
agnerd
AG
At least the terrorist was doing something he thought was right. The cop knew that what he was doing was wrong, yet he went ahead and did it anyway and was then unwilling to deal with the consequences and has now made his wife a widow and his kids fatherless.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.