Austin
Sponsored by

Transportation Bond

8,571 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Zosima
HTownAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There's plenty of room on 360. 360 was built to expand inward, not outward.
emando2000
AG
quote:
That's true to an extent & they're doing that just past the mall at Walsh Tarleton but it only looks like a turning lane.. That can all happen but you still have the bridge that's an issue.

I often wonder if they even want to fix 360. Take the intersection northbound on 360 & Westlake Drive for example. They've widened part of it slightly for a few hundred feet to create a right hand turning lane. How has it helped? It hasn't. People were already driving on the shoulder to turn onto Westlake Dr anyways.
BeowulfShaeffer
AG
There's not enough room to have controlled access lanes (and the necessary overpasses) and the feeder roads that would be required to access all that's built up along there.

Trust me, I've lived off of it for the past 16 years, and I know what it has devolved into. Years ago, southbound traffic used to back up significantly (up to Westbank/Scottish Woods) at Walsh Tarlton between Thanksgiving and Christmas when people would leave work to shop at the mall. Now it backs up every afternoon at 4:15.
BiochemAg97
AG
quote:
quote:
That's true to an extent & they're doing that just past the mall at Walsh Tarleton but it only looks like a turning lane.. That can all happen but you still have the bridge that's an issue.

I often wonder if they even want to fix 360. Take the intersection northbound on 360 & Westlake Drive for example. They've widened part of it slightly for a few hundred feet to create a right hand turning lane. How has it helped? It hasn't. People were already driving on the shoulder to turn onto Westlake Dr anyways.
You can do controlled access highway without having access road crossing bridge. MoPac access road doesn't cross railroad tracks at the Domain.
Zosima
quote:
$7 million to fix 620/2222 doesn't seem enough, but what do I know. Just glad to see something might get done.

TxDOT is putting up most of the money. City of Austin just covering some of the cost.
Aust Ag
AG
quote:
I'd say the same about 360 and Westlake drive. So people heading north on 360 fly over Westlake and then are stuck at 360 bridge and Courtyard?
The olds (rich/influential) that live in Courtyard got something called a Michigan turn terminated a couple of years ago, right before it was set to break ground. Supposedly would have really helped that intersection, doing away with the left turn lights that slow things down there.
Aust Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
$7 million to fix 620/2222 doesn't seem enough, but what do I know. Just glad to see something might get done.

TxDOT is putting up most of the money. City of Austin just covering some of the cost.
Wonder with 3M selling if roads access to Vandy will finally materialize ?
evan_aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

My friend's wife tried to help with an effort out of Riverplace and Steiner to open up another road off 620 from Four Points.

Supposedly 3M gave permission, but if I recall correctly, some other issues arose: maybe a green belt in the area?

http://www.fourpointsnews.com/2015/03/23/road-to-vandegrift-negotiations-continue-lisd-to-notify-community-on-comment-period/
rather be fishing
AG
There's a lot of cave stuff out there that could have a lot of impact on road placements.
Btron
AG
Look at this BS

Bitter Old Man
AG
60 feet of wasted roadway.... I'm glad I don't live in COA....
rather be fishing
AG
quote:
Look at this BS

It's this Burnet Rd north of 183?
Btron
AG
quote:
quote:
Look at this BS

It's this Burnet Rd north of 183?
Yes. Just saw this in the abj this morning

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/09/09/will-austin-voters-revamp-road-system-720m-bond.html
chipotle
quote:
Look at this BS

I'm not saying the scale is a little off but....
HTownAg98
That's looks like a plan that someone would draw up in middle school. No left turns? That's smrt.
BQ92
AG
quote:
That's looks like a plan that someone would draw up in middle school. No left turns? That's smrt.

The no. Left turn lanes is the part I DID like.
chipotle
Voted against. Go ahead and tax me for improvements Austin.

Goldie Wilson
I voted against, but I'm guessing that this will pass pretty easily.
Senator Blutarski
AG
$720M for bicycle lanes and pretty medians instead of turn lanes . . . why does Austin keep screwing this up?
Bitter Old Man
AG
SenorMandingo said:

why does Austin keep screwing this up?
Because they think Utopia can really exist. That and someone told them Portland did it, so....
chipotle
You ****ing dumbasses
ATX_AG_08
AG
Austin gonna Austin
Senator Blutarski
AG
Rode in on the Clinton coat tails. What a waste of money.
rather be fishing
AG
prop 1 wins
leslie pool wins
Potcake
AG
Voted against both. I doubt anyone/anything I voted for won. Haven't seen a G or L win yet.
rather be fishing
AG
Yep, I always expect my selection to lose in the locals.

I also abstain from most of the ACC/education races as I don't have much opinion, nor do I keep up with them.
HowdyOutbound
Dammit austin
bankshot11
AG
Can't wait to pay for these rising taxes with my paychecks from my 2 jobs that both rise in accordance... oh wait.
Btron
AG
I'm upset of the future traffic caused by road construction of useless improvements.
HowdyOutbound
How much will our taxes go up in Austin because of this abortion of a proposition?
Btron
AG
HowdyOutbound said:

How much will our taxes go up in Austin because of this abortion of a proposition?
About $5 per month, duh
ZooGuy
AG
evan_aggie said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My friend's wife tried to help with an effort out of Riverplace and Steiner to open up another road off 620 from Four Points.

Supposedly 3M gave permission, but if I recall correctly, some other issues arose: maybe a green belt in the area?

http://www.fourpointsnews.com/2015/03/23/road-to-vandegrift-negotiations-continue-lisd-to-notify-community-on-comment-period/

They want to make a road through the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve (I used to work there). LISD knew full well when they built the HS of the preserve, and had no plan to have another road. It's their fault, and now they are trying to use imminent domain to build a road through the preserve (which they have no case, really). You can't mitigate when there is only so much land available that is adjacent and contiguous.
HTownAg98
I'm pretty sure a school district cannot use eminent domain against a city.
ZooGuy
AG
HTownAg98 said:

I'm pretty sure a school district cannot use eminent domain against a city.

That was what they were trying to do when I left at least.
Charpie
AG
That whole area is a cluster starting at 7am every day

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.