Austin
Sponsored by

Transportation Bond

8,480 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Zosima
rather be fishing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had to go to a workshop at River Place a couple of days last week. Just glad I was going the opposite of traffic. Good lord the traffic on 2222 was absurd. There's no way in hell I could do that commute and I did Burnet/183 to Oak Hill for 4 years.
Zosima
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ZooGuy said:

evan_aggie said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

$7 million to fix 620/2222 doesn't seem enough, but what do I know. Just glad to see something might get done.

TxDOT is putting up most of the money. City of Austin just covering some of the cost.
Wonder with 3M selling if roads access to Vandy will finally materialize ?

My friend's wife tried to help with an effort out of Riverplace and Steiner to open up another road off 620 from Four Points.

Supposedly 3M gave permission, but if I recall correctly, some other issues arose: maybe a green belt in the area?

http://www.fourpointsnews.com/2015/03/23/road-to-vandegrift-negotiations-continue-lisd-to-notify-community-on-comment-period/

They want to make a road through the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve (I used to work there). LISD knew full well when they built the HS of the preserve, and had no plan to have another road. It's their fault, and now they are trying to use imminent domain to build a road through the preserve (which they have no case, really). You can't mitigate when there is only so much land available that is adjacent and contiguous.

I heard there is some endangered spider or salamander or something (You would know better than me) in the BCP in that location so I don't think that road will ever happen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.