Townhouse parking space poacher.

6,819 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Picadillo
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Call A-1, they'll tow you even if you park legally where you work, and then mock you on here and extort $$ from you.
OnlyForNow
AG
In yee olden days I lived in a townhouse off deacon and longmire. More than one illegally parked vehicle had to get a tow because it had multiple tires that the valve stems just seemed to break randomly in the night.
FNG
quote:
In yee olden days I lived in a townhouse off deacon and longmire. More than one illegally parked vehicle had to get a tow because it had multiple tires that the valve stems just seemed to break randomly in the night.

I grew up with a guy that claimed to let the air out of someone's tires and then super glue that cap back onto the valve stem.
nashvilleaggie11
You are really overthinking this. Go to Home Depot and buy a NO PARKING/TOWING ENFORCED sign for $1.29. There are no "regulations" on signs...I got two to put on the parking spots in the back of my office and it has solved the problems I had of people (other than my employees) parking in our spots. Simple.
OnlyForNow
AG
I didn't super glue the cap back on, I just completely removed the valve and threw it away.
(Removed:11023A)
AG
OP,

Can you tell us the name of the development? In case you happen to be in mine I can sure help you out with your problem
txyaloo
AG
quote:
You are really overthinking this. Go to Home Depot and buy a NO PARKING/TOWING ENFORCED sign for $1.29. There are no "regulations" on signs...I got two to put on the parking spots in the back of my office and it has solved the problems I had of people (other than my employees) parking in our spots. Simple.
Yes there are. There's a whole section of the occupation code related specifically to signage for parking facilities/tow operators.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/OC/htm/OC.2308.htm

Since the op is in a town house, his parking likely falls under the definition of a "parking facility" since I suspect the parking lot is governed by a property owners' association.

quote:
7) "Parking facility" means public or private property used, wholly or partly, for restricted or paid vehicle parking. The term includes:
(A) a restricted space on a portion of an otherwise unrestricted parking facility; and
(B) a commercial parking lot, a parking garage, and a parking area serving or adjacent to a business, church, school, home that charges a fee for parking, apartment complex, property governed by a property owners' association, or government-owned property leased to a private person,
Frio Cielo
Quote:

Quote:

Yes there are. There's a whole section of the occupation code related specifically to signage for parking facilities/tow operators.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/OC/htm/OC.2308.htm

Since the op is in a town house, his parking likely falls under the definition of a "parking facility" since I suspect the parking lot is governed by a property owners' association.

Quote:

7) "Parking facility" means public or private property used, wholly or partly, for restricted or paid vehicle parking. The term includes:
(A) a restricted space on a portion of an otherwise unrestricted parking facility; and
(B) a commercial parking lot, a parking garage, and a parking area serving or adjacent to a business, church, school, home that charges a fee for parking, apartment complex, property governed by a property owners' association, or government-owned property leased to a private person,

I don't think that a private townhouse driveway would be considered a parking facility. It's not a condominium development with the parking in a common area owned and managed by the HOA where each condo has a dedicated and restricted parking spot. It's private property the same as the driveway is at a single family dwelling in a subdivision or a home on 20 acres...it's a privately owned driveway. My driveway would not be considered a parking facility.

It appears to me tha the term parking facility in your statement above is referencing a restricted and dedicated parking spot for a condominium with restricted and common parking areas. I don't know where the townhouse is, but I would suspect there is no unrestricted parking areas in any driveways but only on the public street.
Picadillo
Tow him. A friend drives a tow truck they they are under pressure to make money. Not uncommon for them to cruise apartment parking lots late at night looking for income.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.