Carp's Sports Bar 'N Grill near TowerPoint CS

27,914 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by gunan01
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is this place still not open? I need a drinking establishment for the weekend on the south side of town
Broncos
It looks like nothing has been touched on the inside...
91_Aggie
AG
Wow! can't believe they didn't open for football season. Now they'll open when there is not much going on except basketball.
jja79
AG
What leads you to believe they'll open at all?
Frio Cielo

I would doubt that the owner made an effort to delay it until after football season. That would be dumb. I suspect that there are financial issues or inspection issues, or issues with receiving kitchen, bar, and dining area items.

Most people don't realize that many if not most restaurants lease everything in a restaurant all the way down to the silverware, pots and pans, and drink glasses.
montegobay
Applied for TABC license in June and still hasn't started build out in October. I'm assuming Carp's isn't happening. By the way, who buys the fancy sign first?
maddiedou
AG
I've been told the City of CS is holding them up so he figured there is no sense in sinking more $ in it at this point...
tb9665
Maybe because of MadTaco going in.
Broncos
maddiedou said:

I've been told the City of CS is holding them up so he figured there is no sense in sinking more $ in it at this point...

What's the CS hold up?
FNG
Broncos said:

maddiedou said:

What's the CS hold up?

You answered your own question.
txgardengirl
Also, curious - how would the city hold them up? Sign is up, land is developed...
Average Joe
AG
Broncos said:

maddiedou said:

What's the CS hold up?
There was a chance that female employees could wear pants that didn't cover their knees.
malibu9in1
Average Joe said:

Broncos said:

maddiedou said:

What's the CS hold up?
There was a chance that female employees could wear pants that didn't cover their knees.

Like Texas Roadhouse ??
LOYAL AG
AG
Broncos said:

maddiedou said:

What's the CS hold up?
The city is a pain in the ass for things like layout, signage, quantity of seating, number of entry/exits, etc. etc. etc. Carps is still working through it.
Post removed:
by user
The Original AG 76
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

Quote:

The city is a pain in the ass for things like layout, signage, quantity of seating, number of entry/exits, etc. etc. etc. Carps is still working through it.
This times 11ty billion. I have had dealings with Lance Simms and his posse in the past. "Flexible" and "Business Friendly" are definitely NOT the terms that come to mind. "Monolithic" and "Couldn't Give a Damn" come to mind, though.

If I was going to build ANYTHING. I would build it in Bryan or out in the county far away from the People's Republik.

Has anyone tried to run on an anti-" roadblock" platform? I hear from so many CS residents that they all understand the damage being done to the local economy and growth by the overzealous bureaucrats within the city admin yet it just continues for years and years. It would seem that a " Unlock The Potential" type campaign might work for a reform candidate.
Rockdoc
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

Quote:

This times 11ty billion. I have had dealings with Lance Simms and his posse in the past. "Flexible" and "Business Friendly" are definitely NOT the terms that come to mind. "Monolithic" and "Couldn't Give a Damn" come to mind, though.

If I was going to build ANYTHING. I would build it in Bryan or out in the county far away from the People's Republik.

Why does the city of CS put up with this from Mr. Simms, or is that the way they want it?
The Original AG 76
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

Quote:

Has anyone tried to run on an anti-" roadblock" platform? I hear from so many CS residents that they all understand the damage being done to the local economy and growth by the overzealous bureaucrats within the city admin yet it just continues for years and years. It would seem that a " Unlock The Potential" type campaign might work for a reform candidate.
So, having been employed several years ago as an IT Manager for a local city, you'd be surprised at how secure these bureaucrats are in their jobs. The City Manager / Asst. City Manager call all the shots, and manage day to day business, not the City Council. I have seen city employees lampooning sitting council members. (Not to their face, mind you)

I left government employment because a) it pays for crap and b) there's only so much web surfing one can do. I was extremely bored once I fixed all their IT problems. There is a lot of waste and cronyism too, and I prefer to have a job where it matters "what I know" not "who I know"...

TL;DR - The part-time mayor and council only have so much pull. Real change would come from firing the City Manager, clean house from top to bottom to kill the "buddy system" rampant in government.

Thats why you run a slate on a reform platform. Let it be known up front that the first order of business will be to clean house and change the culture. Its been done and first order of business is to remove a lot of dept heads.
Perhaps as more and more folks move into CS that are not part of the old family or the professorial class things might change of the better....and by better I mean 100% PRO-BUSINESS !
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

Quote:

Like "Hooters"?
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Perhaps as more and more folks move into CS that are not part of the old family or the professorial class things might change of the better....and by better I mean 100% PRO-BUSINESS !
Don't you live in Houston?
The Original AG 76
AG
AGnCS said:

Quote:

Don't you live in Houston?

nope. homes in both Harris and Brazos counties.
I infer that you think that residency is a requirement to discuss , cuss, and have an opinion about the way a city is run ! I do the VAST majority of my business within the city limits of CS and am eager for the area to grow and prosper.
95_Aggie
AG
Don't take my question personally. I have just seen you post on both boards.
emtes
AG
deh40 said:

Quote:

Spoke with him this weekend, and he said towards the end of the summer
Do you know what the latest is on opening? It's near the end of the summer and it doesn't look like anything has happened on the build out.
Like everyone else has said... City of CS. Still coming.
FlyRod
Quote:

nope. homes in both Harris and Brazos counties.

I infer that you think that residency is a requirement to discuss , cuss, and have an opinion about the way a city is run ! I do the VAST majority of my business within the city limits of CS and am eager for the area to grow and prosper.

Hi Jason!
CactusThomas
AG
I can't keep this place in business all by myself if they never even let me in
Broncos
Going to keep pushing it back until everyone forgets it even existed...
MiMi
S
Looks like Carps may actually open - I spotted work being done to the interior as I drove by earlier this afternoon.
gunan01
AG
https://eatbcs.com/2016/11/30/carps-sports-bar-grill-construction-underway/
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.