Best burger in the Brazos Valley

14,327 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Top of hill is tops on my list

Joes is 2nd

Have not tried Edge General store yet or margies.. Where is Margies?

Yankees not bad but not as good as Joes or TOH. Still a decent burger.
Koppe Bridge is not a bad burger but it is way overrated based on how many people eat there.
I do like chicken oil also
michellecan
michellecan
Margie's is in downtown Bryan.
KidDoc
AG
Yeah Mickey's has some GREAT options for non-normal burgers. Their hours are annoying though closed Sunday night and Monday, annoying.

My favorite in Texas right now is Roadhouse in Paige TX. Bluecheese burger on jalapeno bun RAWRRRR.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DayTrip
My best burger so far after years is Stripes at Briarcrest and Earl Rudder. Freshly made, still so hot it hurts to hold it by the time I get it back to work. This station is the only one I've seen that has a burger grill so yeah. Beats my old favorite of Harvey Washbangers just by a nose.
Yuccadoo
Tie between Dead Solid Perfect and Top of the Hill.
C XX I
It's alright. It's what you would expect from a brand being remade by outsourced campus food service hires. Portions of toppings are noticeably smaller and not as fresh. Still decent.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
the original Stover Boys burger, which never found an equal in town since its passing.

This.
Kitten With A Whip
quote:
I'm partial to Burger House next to Pepe's on College close to Villa Maria.
Can't believe I forgot about this place! They definitely have a great burger and the bun is probably my favorite of all the burger places in town. I think this is one of the most underrated places in town! Wish they were in a better location.
halibut sinclair
quote:
My best burger so far after years is Stripes at Briarcrest and Earl Rudder. Freshly made, still so hot it hurts to hold it by the time I get it back to work. This station is the only one I've seen that has a burger grill so yeah. Beats my old favorite of Harvey Washbangers just by a nose.
Agree. The old Chick's burger is very good. Wish they would offer a regular bun.
halibut sinclair
quote:
quote:
quote:
the original Stover Boys burger, which never found an equal in town since its passing.

This.

Those Stover Boys burgers were nothing but nasty.
BCStalk
Stripes
Fat Burger
Washbangers
Burger House (Have not been in years but good)
Grub
FlyRod
FlyRod
Greasy burgers are "nasty" by definition...not sure the old Stover Boys ones were any *nastier* than most mentioned here.

Sorry for the double emoticon.
australopithecus robustus
If someone is enjoying a bready burger that's not juicy/greasy, there's not much that can be done for them....
FlyRod
We hashed out the difference between juicy and greasy in a much older thread as I recall.
sambo13
AG
The bleu cheese burger at Shipwreck is a top 3 burger in town.
halibut sinclair
quote:
Greasy burgers are "nasty" by definition...not sure the old Stover Boys ones were any *nastier* than most mentioned here.

Sorry for the double emoticon.
Nasty by whose definition? However, I am sure those Stover burgers were the definition of nasty.
AggiePlaya
AG
A little known secret is the burger at Polly's next to the gas station on Rock Prairie
KidDoc
AG
I enjoyed Proudest Monkey tonight. Had a build your own with blue cheese, monkey sauce, and bacon. Not a very big burger but tasty. Great quality meat, toppings were great, bun was very basic essentially store bought.

For the price it is a small good burger but I enjoy Grub more and I can split that with my wife and still be full. Next up is Shipwrecked burger mentioned above.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CharlieBrown17
AG
quote:
Has anyone tried the SmashBurger on campus? I have tried one in Kuwait. It was excellent.
Its pretty good. Would probably be really good if it wasn't on campus
mgreen
I have been enjoying the burgers at Fox and the Hound with the egg on top, Cafe Eccel, Grub and Harvey Washbangers.
simongalicia
AG
Whataburger
VetSurg
AG
Cameron Ranch
Stripes
Grub
Muzzleblast
Mallet Brothers in Iola.

Bacon cheeseburger on the jalapeo sourdough bun.

EOT
crbongos
AG
Where is Top of the Hill???
C XX I
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Top+Of+The+Hill+Burgers
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Head north on the bypass toward Hearne. Take the last exit out of town, OSR, and turn left (west). Drive 4 or 5 miles, keep an eye out for the sign on your left.

It's a hole in the wall place, nothing to look at, but good burgers. Fries are good, too.
Rexter
quote:

It's on OSR at the top of the hill on your left if you are headed west.
halibut sinclair
Thanks, techo-ag!
eloc62
went to Mooyah last night. it was good. a little pricey. not so sure i couldn't have gotten the same thing next door at Whataburger for a cheaper price. wish they had onion rings. I'll go back once and a while.
Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Head north on the bypass toward Hearne. Take the last exit out of town, OSR, and turn left (west). Drive 4 or 5 miles, keep an eye out for the sign on your left.

It's a hole in the wall place, nothing to look at, but good burgers. Fries are good, too.

It's exactly 3 miles once on OSR on your left.
If you reach the volunteer fire station turn around.
jskin261
I am very surprised that Willies is not on the list it would be in my top 5 of chains.

momlaw
AG
eloc, we do the survey for free fries to share and bought the refillable drink cups. That gets us out of there for close to equivalent for Whataburger.

When we first tried them the service, product were excellent then there was a nose dive for a few months to the point we took a break. About 5 weeks ago we gave it another try with a mailed coupon and were pleased with new staff, attitudes, results. Not as pleased as initially, but back in rotation for quick not at home meal.
studioone
whatever happened to charlie mac?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.