Can we start the discussion again about the carnival at POM?

3 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by EVA3
Scoopen Skwert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was a fun discussion.
Tailgate88
techno-ag
AG
We'll be hitting the rides at the Brazos Valley Fair. Looking forward to a better experience than the mall carnival.
halibut sinclair
BlazeHarper
I hope they are there next week/weekend !
FlyRod
My favorite thing about the previous thread was halibut thinking the subject heading "How do we make it go away" was about something else.
lifeincartoonmotion
AG
Just saw this was going up today. May hit it up with the kid
Post removed:
by user
dubi
AG
quote:
Yay. Six Flags over Ghetto Mall is back. Where did folks drop off their kids before this?

Pooh's Park!
aggiepaintrain
AG
Keeping it real at the Carny

http://www.kbtx.com/news/local/headlines/Two-Officers-Hurt-Following-Large-At-Mall-Carnival-331920851.html?device=phone&c=y
BCStalk
If that's not a sign to get that junk pile gone...
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Close it down!!!!
FlyRod
If you want to get rid of the carnival, start by shutting down POM itself. That's a far bigger eyesore than the carnival.
BCStalk
Speaking of, that dump is nothing but vacant space. I guess I understand why they lease to the carnival. No one else wants to be there.
LocalAg96
AG
quote:
We'll be hitting the rides at the Brazos Valley Fair. Looking forward to a better experience than the mall carnival.
I'm with techno-ag, much better rides, plus other things going on at the Brazos Valley Fair next weekend, I bought their pre-sale special for me and the kiddos, only $20 for admission to the concert, and rodeo plus unlimited carnival rides, you can't beat that deal!!!

I also think it's pretty bad taste for Post Oak Mall to have the carnival at the same time that a local non-profit like the Fair is happening anyway.
Post removed:
by user
momlaw
AG
The KBTX report makes me sick. We are so fortunate to have LEOs who kept their cool and were able keep this from being national news.
cslifer
Sounds like a problem with poor parenting, as well a just a bunch of idiots in general. I fail to see how the carnival caused the poor behavior. And so far as it being in "bad taste" for them to be here, that carnival has been coming waaaay longer than the fair has been happening.
PS3D
I seem to remember that the carnival first appeared at the mall in 2001, originally roughly where Chuy's is now.
Eliminatus
AG
quote:
Keeping it real at the Carny

http://www.kbtx.com/news/local/headlines/Two-Officers-Hurt-Following-Large-At-Mall-Carnival-331920851.html?device=phone&c=y

That may have been one of the most well written, concise, and informative pieces I have ever read from kbtx.

Good job.

That being said could we stand by as a self regulated militia with Billy clubs at the next event? I would love nothing more than to wade into an unruly crowd of teenagers, swinging with wild abandon.

****ing hate teenagers these days.
Rapier108
quote:
That may have been one of the most well written, concise, and informative pieces I have ever read from kbtx.

KBTX didn't write it. They just copy and pasted the press release from CSPD.
TLIAC
AG
quote:
quote:

It is a copy and paste and that patrol sergeant writes excellent press releases. He includes a little more information regarding the penalities for the charges in his release. If you are interested in that info they are usually posted on the PD website.
Tanya 93
quote:
I seem to remember that the carnival first appeared at the mall in 2001, originally roughly where Chuy's is now.
Way, way before that.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
This mentality also played a role in the shut down of Astroworld. A bunch of irresponsible parents would dump their kids there daily and the place went to hell with kids starting all sorts of trouble making regular law abiding folks wana stay home.

Eliminatus
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

It is a copy and paste and that patrol sergeant writes excellent press releases. He includes a little more information regarding the penalities for the charges in his release. If you are interested in that info they are usually posted on the PD website.

Ah. I see that now. First line of course. Reading is fun!

I thought that it was fishy. Kudos to the LEO who wrote it then. Give him a pat on the head for me.

I don't know why but crowd mentalities specifically have always fascinated me. Take a well adjusted person, surround them with turds and lo and behold another turd is born shorly thereafter. The psychology of it all is interesting.
FlyRod
quote:
That being said could we stand by as a self regulated militia with Billy clubs at the next event? I would love nothing more than to wade into an unruly crowd of teenagers, swinging with wild abandon.

****ing hate teenagers these days.

Be sure you all wear onions on your belts...which was the style at the time!

AggieBarstool
Next time, send in the SWAT team in riot gear, prepped to shoot tear gas & bean bag guns. I bet the crowd would have dispersed REAL quick.

Effing thugs.
EVA3
AG
Have these thugs been invited to the White House yet?
techno-ag
AG
I wish Post Oak Mall would drop the carnival and bring back gameday Get to the Grid parking.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Just another reason to either shut this thug-infested carny down altogether, or at the very least have them shut down each night at 9pm during the week and 10pm on the weekends.
TLIAC
AG
quote:
Next time, send in the SWAT team in riot gear, prepped to shoot tear gas & bean bag guns. I bet the crowd would have dispersed REAL quick.

Effing thugs.
And we would end up on the national news and we would be the bad guys.
studioone
hey techno... holler at me.. might be going to the fair with the family.
Rapier108
quote:
quote:

Effing thugs.
And we would end up on the national news and we would be the bad guys.
Sadly, that is totally true.
Hammerheadjim
AG
Only the in the eyes of the liberal media.

Sometimes you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet..
PS3D
quote:
This mentality also played a role in the shut down of Astroworld. A bunch of irresponsible parents would dump their kids there daily and the place went to hell with kids starting all sorts of trouble making regular law abiding folks wana stay home.

And people wonder why the mall has deteriorated...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.