Can we start the discussion again about the carnival at POM?

9,347 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by EVA3
Post removed:
by user
dubi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bet the swat team is there tonite!

CSPD should send the mall a bill for all the officers that responded last night.
O.G.
Do these carnivals have to have a city permit or some such? Just curious.
Post removed:
by user
Rapier108
KBTX said a 15 year old had a gun, but was arrested before he could use it.
AggiePirate
AG

Well they did find pot on that one kid. And I don't know if it is just me but this never seemed to happen when the carny was over at Manor East. That story did remind me of hearing stories about Bryan High kids at Gattiland after school would let out.
ShawnTxAg
AG
I'm not one to join the Cs <> Bryan debate, but alot of if not the majority of these "kids" def were from Bryan.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
I know the Bryan vs CS talk draws the scorn of the admins. I was just joking. The report when I first read it only listed CS for the suspects.
ShawnTxAg
AG
Understood, it makes me sad/angry to think the main players in this incident are so young. I also know that this most likely isn't their first run in with law enforcement.
dfphotos
nobody seems to have a problem sending their kids to school with these fine, outstanding kids.
ShawnTxAg
AG
I for one don't concern myself daily and i try to raise my daughter not to go through her life fearing this kind of stuff daily, but with that said I make sure she is aware it exists and knows how to handle herself around this kind of stuff and them.
dubi
AG
quote:
I for one don't concern myself daily and i try to raise my daughter not to go through her life fearing this kind of stuff daily, but with that said I make sure she is aware it exists and knows how to handle herself around this kind of stuff and them.
So you bought her a gun?
ShawnTxAg
AG
No but she knows how to shoot one! I enrolled her in the Chuck Norris kung fu hand to hand combat killer academy!
The Anchor
AG
quote:
quote:
So you bought her a gun?

My 2 year old has a Ruger 10/22 and a Colt 6920. He would have more, but now we have 5 month old twins.
duffelpud
AG
The best way to deal with these troubles is to be situationally aware and avoid them.

We have a family phrase - "watch out for idiots, and don't be one".

ShawnTxAg
AG
Haha well said duffel!
techno-ag
AG
Correct, the paper this morning confirms all 5 arrested were from CS. It doesn't really matter since the same group could have caused a disturbance in either city.
halibut sinclair
FlyRod
threecatcorner
When they had the report copied and pasted from the CSPD press release, it said that the prohibited weapon the one kid had was brass knuckles, not a gun.
Rapier108
quote:
When they had the report copied and pasted from the CSPD press release, it said that the prohibited weapon the one kid had was brass knuckles, not a gun.
Yeah, I saw that. I was quoting what they said on the news last night.

I'm betting whoever wrote the material for the anchor to read, just screwed up because just before she said that, they were quoting a witness who said they saw a gun.
ShawnTxAg
AG
I'm very familiar with some that were in the crowd and I'm confident there was probably a gun present in that bunch of idiots. Now whether it was just an air soft gun or something worse with someone looking to put some real fear into somebody, who knows.
EVA3
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
So you bought her a gun?

My 2 year old has a Ruger 10/22 and a Colt 6920. He would have more, but now we have 5 month old twins.

I'm all for starting them early, but that's too young.
The Anchor
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
So you bought her a gun?

I'm all for starting them early, but that's too young.

They are in the safe and he has never touched them. And he won't until he's much older. I figured I didn't need to explain that.....
EVA3
AG
quote:

They are in the safe and he has never touched them. And he won't until he's much older. I figured I didn't need to explain that.....

You were using the present tense, so it was hard to tell. Glad to know. There are some idiots out there who would absolutely let a small child handle guns.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.