Swamp Tails Cajun Restaurant and Bar

53,320 Views | 259 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LastHamlet
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cajun places rarely serve wine. Creole? yes.
TheAlarmGuy
Blazing a Trail that way
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
labmansid
I haven't been able to find it anywhere, but is this place open on Sundays? Been thinking I might try today since some other plans came up yesterday.
MiMi
S
Can't find their hours posted anywhere. Did find their phone number: (979) 260-9500
Brandamne
Location is cursed!
susieq30
quote:
I haven't been able to find it anywhere, but is this place open on Sundays? Been thinking I might try today since some other plans came up yesterday.
On the menu it only shows hours for Monday thru Saturday, so I'm sure it is closed on Sundays.
dubi
AG
I went with a group of 7 for lunch yesterday and ordered the lunch portion of crawfish touffe. It was 6 bites of food in a bowl. That was the serving size others received as well.

Change the price and make it a real portion of food or add a cheap side with it. I'd be surprised if my serving was 4oz including the very tasty grits.

I understand lunch portions are smaller, but I was hungry when I left the restaurant. I will not go back.

CN
quote:
I went with a group of 7 for lunch yesterday and ordered the lunch portion of crawfish touffe. It was 6 bites of food in a bowl. That was the serving size others received as well.

Change the price and make it a real portion of food or add a cheap side with it. I'd be surprised if my serving was 4oz including the very tasty grits.

I understand lunch portions are smaller, but I was hungry when I left the restaurant. I will not go back.

You're going to be in for quite the sticker shock when Pappadeaux opens here. The crawfish etouffee there is over $20. I've never been there for lunch so I don't know if they have lunch portions.

But I agree with you, the lunch portion was tiny and I was surprised when it came out. I regretted not ordering the dinner portion because it was delicious. They should throw in a side salad or something.

Corporal Punishment
AG
quote:
You're going to be in for quite the sticker shock when Pappadeaux opens here. The crawfish etouffee there is over $20.
techno-ag
AG
Yeah, Pappadeaux's menu is more expensive than places like Razoo's or Swamp Tail's. On the plus side, Pappadeaux hands out lots of food.
FlyRod
More to the point, Pappadeaux "hands out" very high quality food...and also offer a diverse menu for those who want to eat in a manner less reminiscent of GoCo.

Can't wait for them to arrive.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
More to the point, Pappadeaux "hands out" very high quality food...and also offer a diverse menu for those who want to eat in a manner less reminiscent of GoCo.

Can't wait for them to arrive.
That's the smartest thing you've said on here in a long time fly. Perhaps ever. The Pappa's restaurants are outstanding.
FlyRod
Glad you're keeping track, techno.
halibut sinclair
Tanya 93
quote:
quote:

You're going to be in for quite the sticker shock when Pappadeaux opens here. The crawfish etouffee there is over $20. I've never been there for lunch so I don't know if they have lunch portions.

But I agree with you, the lunch portion was tiny and I was surprised when it came out. I regretted not ordering the dinner portion because it was delicious. They should throw in a side salad or something.

As for Pappadeaux's cost, I never left their restaurant hungry and without a box of leftovers.
ksp
Me and wife split an entree there and some times some fried gator to go with it
FlyRod
quote:
http://www.razzoos.com/our-food/

Since we're playing the "Let's compare" game, Razzoo's College Station location has now posted their menu, so you can see what will be on offer, and how prices compare to Swamp Tails.
nashvilleaggie11
Got a tour of Razoo's last night. It looks fantasticthey did a great job renovating the place. The management was extremely friendly and wanted to feed us but we had just eaten dinner. I'm not a big fan of fried food/Cajun food but it will still be a great place to go grab drinks at. Can't wait.
techno-ag
AG
I'll admit Razoo's price point is certainly lower than Pappadeaux's.
FlyRod
Different food and different target demographics.
halibut sinclair
pudge
Being someone who lived in south Louisiana for 15 years, Pappdeauxs is very over priced and very bland to be called Cajun food. While the food usually has good taste, if a place says Cajun, then it should be spicy.
justalocal
quote:
Being someone who lived in south Louisiana for 15 years, Pappdeauxs is very over priced and very bland to be called Cajun food. While the food usually has good taste, if a place says Cajun, then it should be spicy.
Is pappadeaux supposed to be Cajun? I've never heard that before.

techno-ag
AG
quote:
Well the funny thing about any regional restaurant is, those outside the region will always be lambasted as not authentic enough.
halibut sinclair
quote:
quote:

In addition to seafood, they have a whole lot of cajun dishes on their menu.
halibut sinclair
quote:
Well the funny thing about any regional restaurant is, those outside the region will always be lambasted as not authentic enough.
Funny!
Goose83
AG
God I wish Heberts would come back.
labmansid
quote:
quote:
quote:

In addition to seafood, they have a whole lot of cajun dishes on their menu.
Their logo just says "Seafood Kitchen", and there are lots of dishes that reflect that. Like halibut, tuna, snow crab, lobster, and others that would not be considered cajun per se. Their cajun dishes don't seem to have a lot of spice as originally prepared, although various "hot sauces" are readily available to season to taste. This style probably caters to the general masses that don't care for a lot of spiciness.
halibut sinclair
quote:
Their logo just says "Seafood Kitchen", and there are lots of dishes that reflect that. Like halibut, tuna, snow crab, lobster, and others that would not be considered cajun per se. Their cajun dishes don't seem to have a lot of spice as originally prepared, although various "hot sauces" are readily available to season to taste. This style probably caters to the general masses that don't care for a lot of spiciness.

That's why God made Tabasco.
FlyRod
I've never thought of Pappadeaux as the kind of place that gratuitously tosses piles of Tony Chachere's spice mix on everything to cover up the taste of cheap and badly prepared food. I guess some folks would prefer that though.
jja79
AG
quote:

Have you tried Remnants of Nawlins? It's good.
Aggie09Derek
AG
quote:

Really miss that place. Use to eat it 2x a week on the way to class. Gumbo and touffe were delicious.
CS78
quote:
quote:

Have you tried Remnants of Nawlins? It's good.
I liked Heberts but Remnant is well above what Heberts was. Much better attention to detail in their dishes.
pudge
The DEAUX on Pappdeauxs name implies to most people that it's a Cajun seafood place... just like SITOS implies that Pappasitos is a Mexican restaurant.
FlyRod
Just as Amico Nave isn't "Italian" but a family's spin on Italian, so is Pappadeaux to Cajun/Creole.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.