Mad Taco

11,882 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Mr. Griswold
Kate Beckett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mad Taco is officially open. Went today for lunch. Quick service, friendly staff, and great food! Just wanted to let everyone know.
FlyRod
Thanks for a REAL and HONEST summary! Can't wait to try it!
izzie1717
toddler/kid friendly?
Aggieco17
AG
What's the price like? Similar to torchys and fuego?
Kate Beckett
AG
Yes. they have a kids menu. Also saw several kids. Music isn't loud whatsoever.

As for price, it is about 3.75-5 for a taco, depending on what is in it.
aggiepaintrain
AG
location?
Kate Beckett
AG
At intersection of Texas and university behind Bank of America building.
meezermom
A menu on their web page would be fantastic - I went there today wondering about sending hubby by there on the way home from work with some food, but I have no idea what they serve. Glad to hear they're kid friendly!
Kate Beckett
AG
Next time I am over there, I will snap some photos of the menu for y'all and post them on here.
AgFan1999
AG
Mad Taco's menu.

Taken from their webpage.
meezermom
Wow - either I completely missed that tiny "see our menu" (highly likely!!!) link earlier or they redid the page after 10:30 this morning - thanks!
gus1390
AG
can't wait to try this place
AgFan1999
AG
Not a problem!
tamufan
Looks great. I question their choice of location, however. Hope they make it there....
meezermom
Can someone who's been help me with this -- almost every taco says it has "cilantro aioli" on it. I'm allergic to cilantro - is that something that I can request be left off, or is it already in the mix and part of the taco? I hate being limited in my choices due to this allergy, but cilantro seems to be a big thing these days! Some of these sound aaaaa-mazing!
Tailgate88
AG
That menu looks fantastic. Will be trying soon!
Kate Beckett
AG
I think they put all the ingredients together at the time they make your taco. You can always ask the people at the front. They are really nice and helpful.
Kate Beckett
AG
I can attest to the salsa, jerk chicken, and jerk pork being good.
techno-ag
AG
Sounds like an awesome place, and a great addition to BCS. Looking forward to trying it.
Kate Beckett
AG
Just a warning. It's liable to become a traffic cluster**** with the bank and Mad Taco going at once. Mad Taco has plenty of parking but lots of crazies come flying the wrong way around the BoA building.
FlyRod
Finally got to try it late in the day. Deelish. It is a tad pricey compared to other taco places and that will generate some complaints. But wow was it good.
raider2004
AG
Great food and atmosphere! I had the Jerk Chicken and Carne Guisada tacos and they were fantastic, I highly recommend trying Mad Taco!
cuppycup
AG
I thought it was good. Way too much cilantro for me but easy enough to remove some. Jerk Chicken and Grilled Fish were both good. I liked the tortillas.
australopithecus robustus
Hey cuppycup. Were you at joystixx on Friday? Thought I saw you.
eloc62
was really looking forward to trying this place, but they should rename it"Cilantro Taco". every dish seems to have cilantro or cilantro aioli in it. i hate cilantro! I'm sure i could get it left off the tacos, just don't understand why they chose to put in on almost everything on the menu. maybe offer some other Mexican aioli's as an alternative.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Great. A place that forces the sauce upon its customers. Do they even have forks?
FlyRod
Wow here I thought we had another "It's kinda expensive for this town" place for folks to get morally outraged over, but did not see the "cilantrophobia" angle coming.

Anyone check to see if they have a debit card fee?
originaltexan
Who will post the first complaint?
FlyRod
Not a complaint, but there is a lot of cilantro on their items, and also a red chili sauce (oil?) that seems to show up on nearly all the tacos and fries. Mind you I like such stuff but I can see where others might not, and cilantro does turn off a lot of people. Hopefully they'll leave it off if asked.
dachsie
Can't believe their website doesnt have their address on it. I still cant figure out where they are
MiMi
S
They are at 404 Jane St. It's directly behind the Bank of America building near the University/Texas Ave intersection.
Mr. Griswold
It is at Jane and Cooner. People need to quit saying University and Texas. It is not visible from that intersection.
dachsie
Thanks. Was able to google map it. Since I dont bank at BOA I had no idea where it was either. LOL
cuppycup
AG
A little bit scared
FlyRod
Tried to go today and the line was stupid crazy long. Gonna wait for the mania to subside a little.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.