Gateway Exxon closed police on the scene?

36,550 Views | 192 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by BillDenise
heckyessica
How long do you want to ignore this user?
he has to make it. he cannot go without knowing how many people care about him. going through this twice is just so wrong.
java94
AG
So sad...
PS3D
Nathaniel Tillery should be charged with first degree murder, no questions asked!
Rapier108
quote:
Nathaniel Tillery should be charged with first degree murder, no questions asked!
Without a doubt that is what will happen and a date with the needle is a foregone conclusion.
OnlyANobody
rsa
AG
Thoughts and prayers for Mr. Garcia and his family.
BlueMiles
Sex Panther
AG
Jessica I know you're optimistic and I hate to talk like this, but is there any kind of chance he makes it?

This is honestly the saddest thing I have seen in quite some time.
good nuggets
Stucco
From KBTX: http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Exxon-Store-Clerk-in-Coma-and-on-Ventilator-in-Fort-Worth-Hospital-296952991.html

quote:
11:45 AM FRIDAY UPDATE AND CLARIFICATION: Kevin Garcia will be taken off life support as soon coordinators with the Life Gift organization
can make sure they are able to get Garcia's organs. He was a donor. When
that process is in place, Garcia will be removed from life support. Kevin's sister and next-of-kin, Denise Etherton, posted the following message on Facebook:
"It is with great sadness that Bill and I had to say goodbye to my brother, Kevin Garcia. After many tests and
discussions with doctors it was decided to remove Kevin from the
ventilator. The head trauma from the beating was only minor, however the
lack of oxygen to his brain was devastating. Additionally, his kidneys
were shutting down and he was completely unresponsive. The doctors said
the damage was permanent and that he would not recover. Even though his
heart and lungs are in excellent condition, he is not able to breathe
enough to sustain life. Kevin is an organ donor and hopefully his last
act will be to help others."
PS3D
quote:
Jessica I know you're optimistic and I hate to talk like this, but is there any kind of chance he makes it?

I don't think there is a chance Kevin can make it. The article read that his brain was denied oxygen for so long it caused permanent damage. He was abducted at around 2:45 am and wasn't found until 1:50 pm later that day, which is about 11 hours. It takes 3 hours to drive to Fort Worth, and it clearly was mid-day when he was found. That leaves 7 hours unaccounted for, with Kevin still in the truck unable to get medical attention. That's a mystery that won't be answered until the trial, if ever.

EDIT: Written before the article above. Heckyessica, if there's money left after covering the medical bill, could you consider making the rest a memorial fund?
Bunk Moreland
that is heartbreaking. But the organ donor part is inspiring. Good for Kevin. His passing will hopefully help save the lives of others.
Kate Beckett
AG
This is so saddening. T&Ps to the Garcia family and I wish this scumbag a life in eternal flames.
Sex Panther
AG
Really, really awful. Senseless and horrific acts of violence like this make you just scratch your head...

I hope that piece of **** who did this fries but not before he's passed around a prison yard. This is a failure on multiple levels that he was even allowed to be in a position to do this. I hope this story gains some traction and legislators are asked why a 17 time convict was on the streets.

Probably the best legacy for Mr. Garcia is that his story could cultivate some change in a flawed system.

R.I.P. Kevin
mazag08
AG
That is so sad.
Bunk Moreland
hopefully donations raised can go towards the costs of final arrangements for Kevin
happyinBCS
So very sad
Kidwrangler
I was hoping for a different outcome. May the Lord comfort Mr. Garcia's family and friends.
heckyessica
quote:
quote:

I don't think there is a chance Kevin can make it. The article read that his brain was denied oxygen for so long it caused permanent damage. He was abducted at around 2:45 am and wasn't found until 1:50 pm later that day, which is about 11 hours. It takes 3 hours to drive to Fort Worth, and it clearly was mid-day when he was found. That leaves 7 hours unaccounted for, with Kevin still in the truck unable to get medical attention. That's a mystery that won't be answered until the trial, if ever.

EDIT: Written before the article above. Heckyessica, if there's money left after covering the medical bill, could you consider making the rest a memorial fund?
Absolutely. However the family thinks the money can be used to help cover expenses and then possibly make the memorial fund you mentioned if possible. This might be a stupid question, but they mentioned a big issue was his kidneys shut down. Would they ever do a kidney translate for Kevin in a situation like this? Or is that unlikely?

Bunk Moreland
quote:
quote:
quote:

Absolutely. However the family thinks the money can be used to help cover expenses and then possibly make the memorial fund you mentioned if possible. This might be a stupid question, but they mentioned a big issue was his kidneys shut down. Would they ever do a kidney translate for Kevin in a situation like this? Or is that unlikely?

In my (admittedly) medically ignorant opinion, there's no chance.

The brain damage suffered by the lack of oxygen basically means even if everything else was working perfectly, he would be brain dead and in a permanent state like that for the rest of his life. No function, no movement, no nothing.
PS3D
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

In my (admittedly) medically ignorant opinion, there's no chance.

The brain damage suffered by the lack of oxygen basically means even if everything else was working perfectly, he would be brain dead and in a permanent state like that for the rest of his life. No function, no movement, no nothing.
They also mentioned his heart rate was slowing down (even though functionally, the organ was undamaged and can be donated). It makes me really sad that the head trauma he suffered was relatively minor and had he just been left there instead of thrown in a truck for 12 hours, a full recovery probably would've been possible.
NativeTxn
I am so sorry to hear about this turn of events. Sending heartfelt prayers to his family and friends.
phatpat21
Per KBTX, Kevin has passed away
Prayers for his family
Such a disgusting, horrible tragedy
The man was just doing his job, he did not deserve this
Mathguy64
AG
T&P.
bushytailed
Stucco
BCS12
RIP Kevin. I'm thankful you aren't suffering anymore. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family and friends today and in the weeks and months ahead.
Anonymous Source
S
Terrible news. Thoughts and prayers for this man and his family.
NativeTxn
Looks like this just turned into a murder case. I just don't understand what the motive was here. This is more than just a robery gone bad and with 17 convictions that guy should have never been amongst the population. This entire situation is just disgusting.

Condolences to Mr. Garcia's family, friends and coworkers. I am so sorry. I just cannot imagine the grief and anger they must be feeling. Sending prayers for peace and healing.
michellecan
Kate Beckett
AG
RIP Kevin. Condolences to the Garcia family and I hope justice is served.
Bigderk21
AG
RIP Kevin!! Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends!!
ATX_AG_08
AG
This is terrible.

T&P to Kevin and his
Jetty
AG
So sad... Thoughts and prayers......
heckyessica
So sad. So incredibly sad.

I spoke with Kevin's sister and brother in law this afternoon. They would like the money to be donated to either the Life Gift organization or a Victim's Advocacy group in Brazos Valley. So I'm trying to figure out how to get that done. If anyone has experience with this, I'd appreciate it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.