Gateway Exxon closed police on the scene?

36,499 Views | 192 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by BillDenise
happyinBCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What happened?
Stucco
14 cop cars on my count. I think the whole dept is there.
carpe vinum
AG
Not sure but it appears to be tied to a scene out in the county off OSR involving a pretty massive man hunt.

Pure speculation: Robbery last night (hopefully not involving a shooting but the massive response seems to indicate this) then pursuit out to OSR with suspect ditching vehicle and taking off on foot. Sounds like dogs and helicopters getting involved.
SueAggie93
AG
Clerk was abducted about 2:45 is what I heard.... Yikes!
The Anchor
AG
Aggravated Kidnapping. Clerk is missing.
txgardengirl
https://www.facebook.com/cityofcollegestation/posts/10153048453208046:0
SueAggie93
AG
http://wtaw.com/2015/03/17/c-store-employee-missing-in-aggravated-kidnapping/
PrincessButtercup
AG
Kidnapping?! Geez!
new straw
I used to stop there on the way to work. That looks like the same guy that got beat up there last year. Is it?
FlyRod
Sounds like the perp won't get far in this case. Thoughts with the LEOs, hoping none get hurt during this.
redd38
AG
I guess that's why I saw so many cops driving around this morning.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
COLLEGE STATION - A College Station man was abducted early this morning and police are trying to find him.

It happened at the Exxon gas station at the corner of Highway 6 and University drive.
Police say 55-year-old Kevin Garcia, an employee at the gas station, was assaulted and forced into his 1999 dark gray extended cab Ford Ranger, Texas license plate CWC0189.

Garcia is a white male with white hair and a white beard. He was last wearing blue jeans and a blue t-shirt reading "Kevin" and "Drew's Exxon".

Police say 36-year-old Nathaniel Tillery is a person of interest. Tiillery is a white male, 5'9", 175 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes.

According to Justice Web, Tillery has been arrested 16 times since 1997 for crimes ranging from theft to drug possession.
That's the KBTX story on it. How is this guy not in jail?
BQ_90
AG
Wow, this same guy was assaulted in a robbery at that same store a couple years ago. I hope he's ok.
Look Out Below
AG
If you are arrested more times than you can count on your fingers, you should be executed. You are a menace to society and have forfeited your right to exist.
carpe vinum
AG
What happened to the "three strikes, you're out"?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
"Ball four...."

"Ball eight...."

"Ball twelve....how can they be laying off pitches so close?"
Mathguy64
AG
While I am not defending this loser, arrested=/=convicted.
Look Out Below
AG
Normally I'd agree with you but 10 convictions might take 20 or more arrests. Once you're arrested more than a handful of times, it's clear what the problem is.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
quote:
arrested=/=convicted.

You left out Plea Bargain. Many DWI's/Druggies are pled down to Obstructing a Roadway...a misdemeanor.

This perp does not want me on the jury.

A nice 60 years for aggravated robbery at TDC would keep him off the streets until he was in his 60's.
ksp
quote:
If you are arrested more times than you can count on your fingers, you should be executed. You are a menace to society and have forfeited your right to exist.
FlyRod
A person in and out of arrests multiple times may also be seriously mentally ill and in need of treatment they are not getting. Not saying that's the case here of course.
spudag
AG
So sad, I'm in and out of there a few times a week and always talk with Kevin.
Look Out Below
AG
There's little doubt that anybody with double digit arrests is mentally ill...and that they have no business being a part of everyday society. Ever. Mental asylum, jail or in the ground, it makes no difference. They have no business walking around free.
O.G.
quote:
Wow, this same guy was assaulted in a robbery at that same store a couple years ago. I hope he's ok.
I was wondering if this was the same guy. That was a BAD assault when it happened. It could have killed him.
ksp
quote:
There's little doubt that anybody with double digit arrests is mentally ill...and that they have no business being a part of everyday society. Ever. Mental asylum, jail or in the ground, it makes no difference. They have no business walking around free.
Not necessarily. I wouldn't rule that out, however, sometimes a bent arrow cannot be straightened and they just never fly right.
AggiePirate
AG
That seems like such a safe location for an Exxon too, what with all of the cars around all the time driving by. T&P for clerk and hopes that if OK he will find a different line of work.
happyinBCS
There was a comment from someone on KBTX comments that he saw the truck on a flatbed off of Deacon! Have they caught the guy? and found the clerk?
DBSwooper
quote:
That seems like such a safe location for an Exxon too, what with all of the cars around all the time driving by. T&P for clerk and hopes that if OK he will find a different line of work.

No such thing as a safe place, evil people are prevalent in our modern society, locations mean nothing to them. College Station is far from being immune to such things, contrary to what many care to believe.
Stupe
S
^
^
True. But there are places that are safer than others.
DBSwooper
quote:
^
^
True. But there are places that are safer than others.

There are places with the illusion of safety then there are worse places, I would never call anyplace "safer."
PrincessButtercup
AG
So would you say Detriot and College Station are equally safe?
Slawster
It is definitely the same clerk who got assaulted last year.
understandingmom
kevin found and receiving treatment per kbtx
carpe vinum
AG
News/Talk 1620 @WTAW1620 2m2 minutes ago
KIDNAPPING UPDATE: Suspect has been taken into custody in the Fort Worth area. The victim is currently being attended to by EMS.
BQ_90
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.