Aggieland Credit Union Visa debit contact after hours

10,508 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 95_Aggie
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did you know CU's are tax exempt and your taxes are higher because of it?
rhoswen
AG
I've had fraudulent charges before and Aggieland too was on the ball. That is covered by calling the "lost or stolen card" number on the back of the card, but it doesn't cover "why is my card being declined on a Saturday afternoon." It has been handled, but I had to wait until monday. My issue is IS there an after-hours contact if something goes wrong. Sounds like there isn't at Aggieland but there is at other institutions.

(For the record it was the furniture store's screwup, not Aggieland. But I didn't know that until Jason was able to tell me they were using an incorrect address)
boredatwork08
AG
quote:
Did you know CU's are tax exempt and your taxes are higher because of it?
Did you know churches are tax exempt and your taxes are higher because of it?

Really? The amount of money held by credit unions is minuscule compared to regular banks. You wouldn't see any difference in your tax bill if CUs weren't tax exempt.
techno-ag
AG
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
Sounds like there isn't at Aggieland but there is at other institutions.
There could be if there was a big demand for it, but fees would go up and your savings rates would go down.
Post removed:
by user
91_Aggie
AG
Hmm, I've had fradulent charges on a Visa before, called and the charges were removed instantly.

I can't imagine waiting two days to get fraudulent charges removed, especially from a debit account... what if they had spent $500 or more (and $500 actually made a difference for you, to get in before the ha ha... I wouldn't even notice if $500 were missing my account people).
Tim Weaver
quote:
Has Tim weaver actually ever had an account with a "real" bank.

I've been with Wells Fargo for 12
Years and have yet to pay a single fee. And I can get in contact with them 24/7 and I've never talked to anyone with an Indian accent.

Yes. Although I've been with ALCU for about 15-16 years now. I had Wells Fargo and they sucked. Constant accounting errors, and yes, when I called I would get "Sam" or "Bill" from India.

FWIW, I had an account with a small, local bank from TN where I grew up. They were bought out by Wells Fargo and the personal service went to *****t.
95_Aggie
AG
Never had an issue with Wells Fargo ... and I always get someone located in America when I call.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.