Aggieland Credit Union Visa debit contact after hours

10,343 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 95_Aggie
rhoswen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know who I can call to find out why my card is being declined? It's for what I assume is suspicious charges and I need this taken care of today. The number on the website just tells me the bank is closed but there has to be someone available after hours to handle this sort of thing.
EMY92
AG
Isn't there a phone number on the back of the card? It should be answered 24/7.
rhoswen
AG
There's one to report it stolen, and another one that says the bank is closed.
rhoswen
AG
Called the "report stolen" number and after pressing 0 for all other inquiries, it redirects you to the other 800 number.
EMY92
AG
Never understood the report it stolen number on the back. The person that stole it isn't going to call for you.
rc_cat
You're pretty much out of luck. If you don't call during business hours, there is no one to help you. You can report a card lost/stolen during non-business hours, but if you want a replacement card, you have to call another number during business hours.
OnlyANobody
What rc_cat says is true. It happened to a friend of mine. And even though it is a JOINT checking account, they said her husband was the primary account holder and he had to request her replacement card.
aggielandcu
rhoswen,

We apologize for any inconvenience.

If it is due to suspicious activity, Visa Falcon should have attempted to contact you before they restricted the card.

Their 24/7 contact number is 866-816-6099.

If this doesn't work, please email me at jason.goodman@aggielandcu.org.

Jason Goodman | Aggieland CU
AggiePirate
rhoswen
AG
That number provided does not allow me to talk to someone about why my card was declined. The transaction in question wasn't listed in that recording.

I need to find out why I cannot access my money when I need it. This is absolutely unacceptable.
jja79
AG
Use a bank.
leasterwood
AG
Did you receive a response from Jason when you emailed him?
rhoswen
AG
I have not.
aggielandcu
Rhoswen,

There should be an email in your inbox. I replied to your 3:45 email after receiving it upon my return from the women's basketball game.

Jason Goodman | Aggieland Credit Union
leasterwood
rc_cat
It wasn't at CS Sam's gas pumps, was it?
Cabrito Loco
Is it just when you use it as a debit card?

Mine will often be declined when i use it as a debit, but it goes through fine when i use it as a credit card.
mlea09
quote:
It wasn't at CS Sam's gas pumps, was it?
My ACU debit card was declined this morning at a fuel pump at Sam's. I initially tried to run it as credit, and it said something along the lines of my card being invalid. I then tried again as debit and it worked that time.
Tim Weaver
Home Depot does the same thing for me. It's almost always declined there, and the FedEx by my house won't take them at all...

OP, did you happen to spend over $600 on the card on that day? ALCU debit cards have a transaction limit of 600 or 650. I can't remember how much off the top of my head, but that has bitten us a couple of times. If you call them they will raise the limit for the day so you can buy a big ticket item...
mtec
I've wondered about this as well. I also bank with Aggieland Credit Union and my card has been declined when funds were available. At the time, I also attempted to call the numbers on the back of the card. Surely there is a number for card services that operates 24/7?
rhoswen
AG
It is being handled and right now it's looking like an error on the part of the person who entered the information. However, there needs to be some sort of contact when there is a problem. Not necessarily 24/7, but definitely on a Saturday afternoon. Thankfully it wasn't an emergency, our schedules just got messed up.
AggieJason
AG
Is this the point at which I could mention that a real bank has staff that answer the phones every day of the week?
dubi
AG
quote:
Is this the point at which I could mention that a real bank has staff that answer the phones every day of the week?
+1

Banking should be 24x7.

Credit cards should be 24x7.

Anything less is not acceptable.
Tim Weaver
"Real" banks come with a whole pile of fees and useless customer "service" as well. I'll stick with my local credit union thank you. And I will understand when they don't answer the phone on saturday afternoon because they are home with their families.

Its much better than calling India to talk to someone I can't understand that also can't help!
ashleyschaeffer
I think the important question here is when will ACU go with Apple Pay.
I will help the helpless, but I don't care about the clueless.
dubi
AG
quote:
"Real" banks come with a whole pile of fees and useless customer "service" as well. I'll stick with my local credit union thank you. And I will understand when they don't answer the phone on saturday afternoon because they are home with their families.

Its much better than calling India to talk to someone I can't understand that also can't help!
I don't have any fees at all with my big box bank and a free safe deposit box.
The Anchor
AG
Zero fees for me at Chase and amazing customer service thus far
91_Aggie
AG
Has Tim weaver actually ever had an account with a "real" bank.

I've been with Wells Fargo for 12
Years and have yet to pay a single fee. And I can get in contact with them 24/7 and I've never talked to anyone with an Indian accent.

AggieJason
AG
I'm with Bank of America (Oh noes! The most evil bank in America!) and haven't paid a dime for the service.

Oh yeah - I have 24/7/365 access to credit card/debit card resolution over the phone as well as fraud protection (standard). All without fees! What a world we live in!
dubi
AG
quote:
I'm with Bank of America (Oh noes! The most evil bank in America!) and haven't paid a dime for the service.

Oh yeah - I have 24/7/365 access to credit card/debit card resolution over the phone as well as fraud protection (standard). All without fees! What a world we live in!
We have been BOA for 27 years (morphed from NationsBank). No problems and I don't have to post on Texags for help with my debit card. Thankfully the bank has US employees working customer service 24x7 to help me if I have a problem.

I am not waiting for JoeBob to finish enjoying his weekend to get help!
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Dave Ramsey's Opinion of BOA
dubi
AG
quote:
Dave Ramsey's Opinion of BOA

Somehow I am missing the middle finger icon Mister Juan Ags!
aggielandcu
Cabrito, mlea09, and mtec,

If you'll email me your contact info, we can talk in more detail about your card issue at Sam's or FedEx.

ashleyschaeffer,

We are currently working on Apple Pay and should have more news on that as we move into Spring/Summer.

Jason "JoeBob" Goodman | jason.goodman@aggielandcu.org
dubi
AG
quote:

Jason "JoeBob" Goodman

lol
FlyRod
I bank with Brazos Valley Schools Credit Union. My debit card number was stolen, I believe at the Bryan HEB (last place I used it before fraudulent purchases popped up).

Fraud protection instantly went into gear and stopped it dead. There were something like two charges in Arlington, one at McDonalds and one at a liquor store there before the card was frozen. I called, ad they were very good at explaining just what happened. The main hassle was waiting for a new card to be issued, but the fraud protection folks were right on it, and I received a notice within 2 days. Within 48 hours to the two fraudulent charges were credited back to my account.

They have been seriously on the ball with me since I joined them. Not suggesting you switch from Aggieland to them, but they are good at dealing with this.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.