Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

498,211 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
Finding X
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Malls have been a dead business model for a long time. Major rework or doom is the future there.
The model of building residential high rises with retail at the bottom has been going on for a while >> I wonder if you flip the model and build a residential high rise on or in an existing mall. Do you think that doing this would re-energize retail in these places? I know traditional retail is falling off now that people are shopping online, but there's got to be an angle.
Broncos
We're a week in to 2016 and there is no new coming and going thread...
FlyRod
^good point. Re malls, investment and changing demographics seem to be the issue. Malls I visit across the country are either thriving or dying (Post Oak Mall, Highland Mall in Austin).
ratfacemcdougal
Potato Shack Express (hwy 21, hwy 6) moving to old flip and peel location across from briarcrest walmart
dgonzo99
Some of the former tenants of Post Oak Mall have told me that part of the problem with the mall is management. Rents are outrageous for one thing. Then, there seems to be an attitude that tenants come a "dime a dozen". A former manager of Eddie Bauer at the mall told me that they never wanted to close. The management made such outrageous demands , that Eddie Bauer told them to just forget it and pulled out. Other stores have supposedly been treated the same way.
(Removed:11023A)
AG
quote:
Not sure if already posted. Noticed that Pings is gone and a Jins Cafe sign is up. It is in Culpepper Plaza next to the AT&T store.
I know, I loved that place
NativeTxn
Can this thread be deleted since there is a new one?
Tailgate88
AG
Staff usually locks the thread from the year before.
Justin2010
AG

quote:
So the new Hungry Howie's will be just north of University on Texas Ave? So I'm guessing its on the Bryan side?

Yep.

Should be open early to mid April.

They're supposedly giving away free pizza for a year two 2/3 people the day the store opens.
DigDogDoo
The larger Academy store is NOT a rumor

Academy Sports & Outdoors (SP2016-000052): 2495 Earl Rudder Freeway South; A Site Plan for a sports and outdoor store.

PS3D
This is the old thread from 2015. See how it was last updated half a year ago?
txyaloo
AG
So weird they joined today and made 3 posts about this Academy. Agenda much?
jac4
AG
quote:

And it's about to be locked.
Stewade
Staff
AG
quote:
quote:
And it's about to be locked.
Good idea. For anyone wanting to follow the current one, click here.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.