Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2015)

500,831 Views | 1377 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stewade
carpe vinum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
New Laynes open yet? Can't find any information online.
Assuming you're talking about Towerpoint, yes, it is open. Had it last week.
redd38
AG
quote:
Guess I'll drive over there an find out. Haven't been able to even find a phone number to call!

You don't trust this thread?
ratfacemcdougal
Holiday Inn Express going in behind Potato Shack Express / Exxon at the corner of 21 and hwy 6
ChampsAg
Have eaten at the Laynes Tower Point twice now.
Pale Rider
AG
Yep it was indeed open. Figured they would have updated their website or have been a google listing for it but I digress.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Holiday Inn Express going in behind Potato Shack Express / Exxon at the corner of 21 and hwy 6
Always like to see new hotels open in Bryan.
FlyRod
halibut sinclair
fanof3.88
MiMi
fanof3.88
Anyone know what is going in next to the NAPA on the by-pass in Bryan?
ringrit
quote:
I think my husband said it's going to be an Electrical supply store. He goes into the NAPA frequently, so he asked them the other day.
barbwire
What's going in at the corner of Briarcrest and Green Valley? I see they're clearing and bulldozing the land behind Exxon.
Thisguy1
quote:
What's going in at the corner of Briarcrest and Green Valley? I see they're clearing and bulldozing the land behind Exxon.

They've been messing with that land for years. It's In a low spot so they've been bringing a lot of dirt in to raise it up a little bit. Not sure if it's just more land improvement for the future or if they actually have a definitive plan.
jac4
AG
2 businesses seem to be opening on Wellborn at the intersection with Cain. Signage is up on one of them and it is called "M Power Fitness" or something like that. Anyone know about it?

The old Ace Hardware store had lights on and chairs inside of it when I drove by last night. No sign is up though. Maybe a church? Anyone know?
AggiePhil
AG
quote:
The old Ace Hardware store had lights on and chairs inside of it when I drove by last night. No sign is up though. Maybe a church? Anyone know?

Impact Church of Brazos Valley.
ratfacemcdougal
personal training studio
montegobay
It's a full service gym. Classes include yoga, cycling, boot camps etc. Grand Opening tomorrow with free classes all day. Owner used to work at the Dome.
Thisguy1
MPower? Good friend of mine is opening that up.
JM04
AG
quote:

Crawford Electric Supply is moving from the Tejas Center to that Location. I believe it will be open Late Spring
carpe vinum
AG
What's the story with the Bryan west side PetSmart, TJ Maxx, etc... Seems like it has been rumored for 2 years now with nothing really revealed. Timeline or nah?
Raven
S
Had lunch for the second time at Molly's which is located at 201 Main St. in downtown.....excellent food....they also serve breakfast, which I will try soon....worth a look if you are regularly downtown....open for breakfast and lunch, and dinner on first Friday.
MiMi
S
HEB looking to build at 2818/Wellborn
PS3D
I thought they didn't want to add another store near campus because they didn't want to cannibalize the Holleman store, and since they just remodeled it, they won't close it.
carpe vinum
AG
The Holleman store is so busy the students are piling into the towerpoint store.
phatpat21
This is true...I always see a ton of college kids there
techno-ag
AG
Wish HEB would put one further north off the bypass.
turfman80
AG
An HEB in the Bryan Target area would be awesome! And a Whataburger!
bcstx06
The amount of new hotels going up in Bryan alone is crazy!

It has been said on here that HEB is planning on a Leonard Rd & Hwy 47 location sometime in the near future. Whataburger should look in to building near the West Bryan Walmart. It has already been said that Chick-fil-A is looking to come to this area.

I have no idea what happened to the planned Ross, TJ Maxx, Pet Smart, etc. Hopefully this area gets more announced development soon since the new Blinn is coming.
Kendall Rogers
AG
Asia Star - Old Black Eyed Pea Building

You might take this one out of the "Coming Soon"

It came and went and now going to be the Embassy Suites.

PS3D
China King Buffet at SW Pkwy and Texas may be closed. I say "maybe" because the lettering is removed, but the center is under renovation, but it does not have a banner like the stores on the south side
FlyRod
More HEBs coming, eh?

That will not sit well with the Yelp King of Aggieland...he does not like them one bit and will withhold his royal blessing.
Tailgate88
AG
A second Blue Baker sign is up at the corner of Arrington and Greens Prairie, and it looks like they might have done some dirt work, so maybe they'll be starting construction soon?
phatpat21
GSS
quote:
The amount of new hotels going up in Bryan alone is crazy!

It has been said on here that HEB is planning on a Leonard Rd & Hwy 47 location sometime in the near future. Whataburger should look in to building near the West Bryan Walmart. It has already been said that Chick-fil-A is looking to come to this area.

I have no idea what happened to the planned Ross, TJ Maxx, Pet Smart, etc. Hopefully this area gets more announced development soon since the new Blinn is coming.
A whole lot of development will have to occur before HEB locates at Hwy 47 and Leonard Rd. There are minimal rooftops, and even less traffic, in the area...stores do have to have customers

But...it was "said on TXAgs"...so it must be true.

The other businesses mentioned was (I believe) from a conceptual drawing by the developers of the west Bryan Walmart...sorta like mannequins to dress up a window. Don't think they were "planned" (maybe wishful thinking?).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.