Local Yelp Fight

20,057 Views | 186 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by mazag08
carpe vinum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Acute BSC
Swarely
Why would you give a bad rating for a business just because they closed? Why would you rate a business that is closed?

Katie, if you show up and say "it's because he's a wiener", we kinda have to get married.
Wildmen03
AG
quote:
Geez, he really is on Yelp too much.

Seriously, anyone that obsessed with local businesses has to have mental problems.
Tradishun
Wow. Yeah, the FBI. Who knows what's going on with him.

Other than "wow," I have two reactions:

1. Hey, he got another FTR of the closed office! (See the graphic?) Hooray, FTR!

2. In all likelihood, he's reading this thread, and is upset about its contents.
Swarely
Tradishun, he is a known poster on these boards and knows what's happening. He just can't censor people here.
TsunamiVox
His "review" is a direct threat against a TAMU employee. This is just a guess, but I'm betting that after the James Aune tragedy last year, the university takes threats against its personnel very seriously and will investigate this.
Swarely
How's the review a threat?
TsunamiVox
Calling in the FBI on someone for Yelp? What would you call it?
Swarely
He never called anyone that I know of. That makes it an internet tough guy threat.
thats a bit different from a real threat.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
He only posted here after he got his jimmies rustled. He's the type who comes across as being able to dish it out, but not take it. If someone crosses him, he wants to tattle. Problem is: that's not how life works. I like to picture him reading this thread and literally seething with rage. And you know what? He is powerless. Utterly powerless, as long as there are no personal attacks and the discussion is civil.
CDub06
AG
If you read his "reviews", it's pretty clear he's not sure how life works. He's penning a Walter Mitty type story with his entries.
Carnwellag2
maybe he will be the FTR the new Texags building. just an Idea Greg D -

also, I still hold that the LTR is more beneficial to the user than the FTR.
justcallmeharry
S
And, he was the very first to review Kyle Field!!

Harry...
FlyRod
http://www.yelp.com/biz/texas-a-and-m-university-police-department-college-station
justcallmeharry
S
Too funny, Flyrod.

And to quote that review, "The Texas A&M University Police Department is whom keeps my wife and I, all of you students..."

Whom?

Perhaps he should review the grammar police? Nah...

Harry
Anna Molly
"Today I had to stop by and file a report about none other than another Yelp user. See, in the last few months there has been someone stalking and harassing me (and a friend) on Yelp and today they posted a really disturbing almost threatening personal identification of me."

ohhh myyyy...I think "reality" is a place GregD has yet to review. WOW.
AggieDarlin
AG
That dude needs a psychiatric evaluation. Perhaps he'll FTR the provider
K2T2
Guh...his Flip and Peel review makes me want to go there right now and write GREG D IS A MASSIVE WIENER on one of those beer bottle chandeliers. This is why I carry a Sharpie paint marker in my back pocket.

Please, someone who eats meat, go write GREG D IS A MASSIVE WIENER on the chandelier!
Swarely
I love you
rhoswen
AG
"Massive weiner" is now a phrase that makes me giggle out loud.

GREG D IS A MASSIVE WEINER
Revilly
AG
This FTR thing must be the reason he lied about trying samples from the Northgate Juice Joint. Hilarious that the owner replied to the review and called him out on the lie with "we haven't had any samples". I would report it as a fake review but never saw that as an option.

http://m.yelp.com/biz/northgate-juice-joint-college-station
Mr. Griswold
What is this Yelp thing y'all speak of?
YellowPot_97
AG
What an absolute loser. What kinda of person gets off on writing thousands of pointless, useless reviews, not mention making up fake reviews of places they haven't even tried!?
Wildmen03
AG
quote:
I would report it as a fake review but never saw that as an option.
I flagged it.

I also flagged the police station one, but Yelp said that one was OK.
FlyRod
Make no mistake that he is hounding TexAgs to give up y'alls real identities so he can sick the cops/FBI on you! Fonzie Scheme warned you!
Wildmen03
AG
Well, even though the owner called Greg out on his fake review, Yelp told me they're leaving it up.
AgFan1999
AgFan1999
AG
They give any reasoning?
Wildmen03
AG
quote:
Hi there,

We're writing to let know that we previously evaluated Greg D's review of Northgate Juice Joint that you recently flagged. We decided at that time to leave it up after carefully assessing it against our Content Guidelines.

-The Yelp Support Team
K2T2
Ugh, the only way to block another Yelp user is to have a message back and forth with them or receive a compliment from them. WHY?!
FlyRod
I don't know much about how Yelp works, but it seems odd that the staff there would leave a fake review up when the owner posts that its a fake review. Maybe Yelp wants to leave it up as some weird joke?
Wildmen03
AG
Sounds like they are more concerned with quantity than quality. They probably like this massive wiener writing thousands of reviews, so who cares if a couple are fake?

In my mind, the fact that they let this goober get away with it hurts their reputation.
AgFan1999
AG
The Yelp King of Aggieland? Seriously?
TsunamiVox
I will happily be avoiding that restaurant after reading his review of it. Ugh.
YellowPot_97
AG
I've lost a lot if respect for yelp. They let those loser post obvious fake reviews, but leave them because he post SO many. But they removed a really positive review of my company because the reviewer only had three total reviews. What kinda of policy is that??

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.