Local Yelp Fight

20,042 Views | 186 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by mazag08
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, their policies are iffy. I know others that have had similar issues with reviews of their business on Yelp.
Swarely
Idk if y'all have been following the latest news about yelp, but I have lost almost all respect for them.

http://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Yelp-can-give-paying-clients-better-ratings-5731200.php

quote:
Yelp has long faced accusations that it manipulates its business-review ratings to sell advertising - five stars for a big ad buy, say, and two stars for a turndown.

The verdict from a federal appeals court: There's nothing illegal about that.

The court upheld a federal judge's dismissal of a proposed class-action damage suit by small-business owners who claimed Yelp's sales representatives told them their ratings would depend on their decision to buy ads.

"I've got hundreds of people who have called me with this problem: When they stopped advertising with Yelp, their good reviews got stripped out," the business owners' lawyer, Lawrence Murray, said after Tuesday's ruling.
carpe vinum
AG
Extortion.
fcag
AG
Judge probably didn't want to hurt his courtroom's yelp review status.
Swarely
"Who is this greg d guy? I don't even start my first day as judge until next week..." -the judge
Revilly
AG
quote:
quote:
Hi there,

We're writing to let know that we previously evaluated Greg D's review of Northgate Juice Joint that you recently flagged. We decided at that time to leave it up after carefully assessing it against our Content Guidelines.

-The Yelp Support Team

Likely 'previously evaluated' by Yelp before the owner even responded (yesterday), as it had been up for weeks.
FlyRod
quote:
Man that post about Christopher's makes me want to punch him.

You probably shouldn't read this then, Rhos.

http://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid=FZTkBavnUWVQRK3ULOxePQ
rc_cat
I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I can't believe that idiot reviewed Kyle Field.
mazag08
AG
I'm amazed he hasn't reviewed the city of Houston seeing as he's been closer to that than most of the places he reviews.
FlyRod
http://www.yelp.com/biz/city-of-houston-houston

Scroll down a ways...
Mr. Griswold
HAHA he does make some good points in that one.
PS3D
"Low income people driving around" just smacks of bigotry.
mazag08
AG
Ok.. I have to la ugh at that. Way to go Greg

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.