Prancing man on Wellborn

14,554 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by halibut sinclair
songstress
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you want to find "Creepers" in this town, all you have to do is search TexDot for the registered sex offenders...Bart isn't one of them. Leave the guy alone...I agree a war vet, no matter what his quirks may be, deserves more respect. He is very friendly he even helped me change the air filter on my car one day! Maybe some of you all should think ahead to when you are old...wouldn't you want to be active? Wouldn't you want people to talk to you? And as far as men looking at coeds...you all do it, whether you want to admit it or not, so don't go casting stones.
ilovescotch
Can anyone comfirm that pole guy is the msc creeper guy? this all seems pretty unfounded. He was fixture on wellborn and bush when I was a student and NOBODY ever shared those stories with me. We liked the guy
carpe vinum
AG
nevermind

[This message has been edited by cstxag90 (edited 9/2/2009 5:55p).]
Redstone
AG
Bart was not banned from anything, as anyone who has been to the Rec or the MSC in the past decade or so should be well aware of.

He runs, and then goes whereever to get a drink and talk to people.
treloni
Sounds like 2 different people. I've only ever heard good things about "Pole Guy".

I know he wears his "pole Guy" shirt whenever he does his sidestands.

-Treloni
KBTX Shane
Well all this talk made this reporter very curious as to who the Pole Guy was.

I'm glad to tell you, he's pretty harmless and very funny. We'll have a story about him tonight at 6 on KBTX and it will also be posted after the newscast on www.kbtx.com

You'll be happen to know, the pole guy DOES wear undergarments and long shorts. Nothing was hanging out that we could see. That would have been awkward.
I Drink Your Milkshake
AG
He once told me and some folks I was with that he was "hornier than a 3-balled tomcat" while we were eating at the Mcd's on wellborn.
mazag08
AG
Shane - awesome!

Can your next segment be a teaching segment on how students can completely forget how they drove in their home town and learn to drive in this town.

1. You dont have to come to a complete stop to turn right

2. When the light turns green, you are supposed to go, and not take forever to do it.

3. Know where you are going before you leave your house.
war hymn aggie
AG
Texags...err...mybcs.com...where investigative reporting gets their leads!

Next episode...Stover Boys is only 1 guy!
F6F
KBTX feature was very good. He's an interesting guy.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
quote:
Texas Flag running shorts

Shane and others, Dubhansmom (sp?)described the shorts (in the above quote) that he wore years ago (almost everyday) that caused his "problems" at the MSC and Rec center.

I was relieved to see in your piece that he is now wearing longer running shorts.

Jabberwocky
AG
A search of the county judicial records turns up nothing substantial on Bart—just a dismissed disorderly conduct charge and a small claims suit.
95_Aggie
AG
I think you guys are getting Bart mixed up with someone else. I think there was another guy that hung around the MSC that always wore nasty shorts and looked practically homeless.

Bart may have his issues, but I think y'all are confusing him with another guy.
Stoney
S
I know the guy you mean. He lives toward the south end of Fairvew: his place is almost hidden by bamboo. He wears nasty short shorts: sometimes rides a bike with a trailer.
KBTX Shane
Here is the link to the Pole Guy Story.

Tell me what you think!

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/56746822.html

rrtodds
AG
the pole guy was the subject of a story on ktbx tv last nite. most all interviewed agreed that he was nice enough though weird ... fairly harmless although sometimes annoying.
rrtodds
AG
the pole guy was the subject of a story on ktbx tv last nite. most all interviewed agreed that he was nice enough though weird ... fairly harmless although sometimes annoying.
caoimhin
ok. now Enquiring Minds want to know.

I'm a relative newbie to B/CS.
The '07 Batt article says he has been here since '93.

However more then one woman (class of 'before93') has pointed him out to me as 'That old guy that use to hit on us in the chicken' so either there are two old guys in wornout shorts, or the comment about our LEOS might ring true. Can anyone speak factually?
Creeper or not I'm jealous of anyone that can do that even as a teenager.

P.S. I do hold our Vets in very high regard.. especially the Korean and NAM vets (his age group). Being a Vet doesn't however give you a free pass for social misconduct.

songstress
Bart wore those shorts for tv. Usually he wears his faded TAMU Phys Ed 1964 shorts...which are not that long. Still love him!!!
rhoswen
AG
quote:
Some have concerns about the pole guy's sense of state, grant it not everyone hangs off of poles and if you start a conversation with him, plan to stay a while.

who writes this stuff?
AggiePhil
AG
I think the story could have done without the implication that something isn't right with Bart. He's 70+ years old for Christ's sake...of course he's going to talk your ear off and say whacky things from time to time. Just my $0.02.
Serious Foul Play
quote:

Wat.
Jabberwocky
AG
quote:
quote:

Wat.
I think mazag meant in the absence of a stop sign or red light, or when turning into a parking lot.
us1ag
I grew up here. Bart was by far the worst soccer referee in the history of soccer referees. Ask anyone who played soccer here in the 80's.
haha

Couldn't see for squat and made up his own rules. Crazy place this BCS.
AggiePhil
AG
Saw Bart being interviewed by KAGS the other day. Here's the story:

FlyRod
Bumping five year old threads.
dgonzo99
quote:
Guy has a lot of racist and sexist jokes. Kinda creepy to a lot of the college girls.
He was really creepy one time at the Super Walmart parking lot on Briarcrest. Lurking around waiting for young women to get out of their cars. Then he would prance up to them really close and shake his rear end at them. I think someone told him to leave the parking lot. You don't do stuff like that.
Tim Weaver
We are talking about two different people here. Bart, AKA the horizontal flagpole guy, is nice and has his marbles completely intact.

The Texas Shorts guy, is indeed a little "off" and was asked to leave campus/MSC because his shorts no longer covered, well anything, and he was inadvertandtly flashing people. I don't know his name, and I don't think he's a danger to anyone. He just wore the same clothes until they literally fell off of him. He was always jogging where ever he went. I worked at Rudder when he was kicked out of the MSC. I would see hime almost everyday in the summer. This guy has, or had 6-7 years ago, dark brown, curly hair. Was probably 6 foot, and fairly skinny.

Bart on the other hand is built like a fireplug and has not much of his gray hair left.
dgonzo99
quote:
We are talking about two different people here. Bart, AKA the horizontal flagpole guy, is nice and has his marbles completely intact.

The Texas Shorts guy, is indeed a little "off" and was asked to leave campus/MSC because his shorts no longer covered, well anything, and he was inadvertandtly flashing people. I don't know his name, and I don't think he's a danger to anyone. He just wore the same clothes until they literally fell off of him. He was always jogging where ever he went. I worked at Rudder when he was kicked out of the MSC. I would see hime almost everyday in the summer. This guy has, or had 6-7 years ago, dark brown, curly hair. Was probably 6 foot, and fairly skinny.

Bart on the other hand is built like a fireplug and has not much of his gray hair left.
Hate to tell you, but you exactly describing the guy in the Walmart parking lot. It was Bart.
ClassicArnold
Wonder if the guy that pulled the Jewish spaceship around is still here?
ksp
quote:
Wonder if the guy that pulled the Jewish spaceship around is still here?
have not seen in years
duffelpud
AG
ksp
That's racist, everybody knows jewish shoots green lasers!
AggiePirate
AG
I remember that guy. Snapped a picture of him last time I saw him at MSC, pre ban I reckon.

studioone

yes.. that would be Bart... He's the man who can lift himself off the ground and hold onto a vertical pole... i photographed him doing so and published it in the batt when i was photo editor...

Bart also knows the raunchiest and most sleaziest jokes you would ever want to hear.. or not hear,.. but i would advice against it. I used to work in the MSC book store when i was fresh out of high school... (1987) and he would come in and harass the women who worked with me telling them filthy jokes.. i would walk away and avoid him when he came in the store... couldn't stand his sense of humor. He sometimes brought photos to show...

and there were two different guys who had the space shuttle behind their car thing... one actually lived in his car and had a camper he made out of aluminum foil and made crosses out of sticks he sold on the side of the road at walton and texas avenue.. harmless guy.. i have one of his crosses... he used to sell them to make $ and painted your address on the curb if u wanted him to...

he also had a protege that learned the ways of the force from him and painted his vintage car to match the shuttle... he had a huge cross on top of his car he wired on the rooftop...

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.