Outdoors
Sponsored by

Anti-Chafing

10,776 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Hammerbrau
Na Zdraví 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG

It's like a blizzard in your britches.
dubi
AG
Juicyfan said:

Ok, ya'll will have to trust me. I've been dealing with this all my life, and I've finally found the most comfortable underware ever. They are expensive, but I promise you will thank me later. I've only had mine about 3 months, but so far they are holding up great.

Obviously Naked Boxer Brief 9 inch Leg (Large, Graphite) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IEOWG24/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_I5nbybM8D6VHZ
That image is NSFW!
AgBass01
AG
You just wanted us to look at the pictures didn't you? lol
slickwilly107
Fresh Balls. Get it from Amazon. I'm telling you, you will never use anything else. A friend actually send some to me because I wouldn't try it. I swear by it now.
Hammerbrau
AG
Fishin Texas Aggie 05 said:

Cornstarch

And you can make muffins later
Nothin says lovin like some crotch muffins...
Chickenhawk
powerbiscuit said:

wear proper fitting pants

This only works if your junk isn't big enough to get in the way.
powerbiscuit
GeorgiaAg85 said:

powerbiscuit said:

Tie it in a knot. That's what I do.
New Boot Goofin
AG
This thread
AggieChemist
AG
I have fought this all my life. I got it when I was a lean 220 lb high school football player. I got it when I was a fat 300 lb 30 year old, and I get it now as a 230 lb 40 year old dude. Some of us are just built different, either anatomically, or our gait, or something.

The monkey ass/gold bond/body glide never worked that well for me. As a young man I was miserable in tighty whiteies, and I'd just have to paint myself with Desitin the day after.

Now I've found pretty much any semi-compression synthetic boxerjock fixes the problem.

I've got all the below:

Pair of Theives
Under Armor
Mothwing

and they all work. I don't even worry about it anymore. Just put on my stuff and go about my business. Seriously. I bought my first pair of Under Armor boxer briefs about six or seven years ago and it changed my life.
Chickenhawk
powerbiscuit said:

GeorgiaAg85 said:

powerbiscuit said:

Tie it in a knot. That's what I do.

Throw it over your shoulder like a continental soldier.
3rdGenAg05
AG
I haven't bought any in a while since they last forever, but the ventilated UA boxer briefs are excellent for me. They used to be $20 per pair, but well worth it for serious field time. I used them in the military for field training and deployments when we would go weeks in the field, 10-15 miles a day on our feet, hot temps, no showers, etc. I never got thigh/crotch chafing.

These look similar to what I own:
http://www.academy.com/shop/ProductDisplay?urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10051&categoryId=&productId=1453357&errorViewName=ProductDisplayErrorView&urlLangId=-1&langId=-1&top_category=&parent_category_rn=&storeId=10151#repChildCatid=1453367

Before these, if I did get swamp butt or a raw spot somewhere, I used Aquafor and gold bond powder.
LSB_2002
AG
dubi said:

Juicyfan said:

Ok, ya'll will have to trust me. I've been dealing with this all my life, and I've finally found the most comfortable underware ever. They are expensive, but I promise you will thank me later. I've only had mine about 3 months, but so far they are holding up great.

Obviously Naked Boxer Brief 9 inch Leg (Large, Graphite) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IEOWG24/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_I5nbybM8D6VHZ
That image is NSFW!
My thoughts exactly when the guys ballsack jumped out at me in my office!
Vernada
AG
Lol. Damn mushroom smuggler.
Bird93
AG
I've developed a serious problem with underarm burning/chafing. Just started out of the blue about 6 mos ago. I've tried every brand of deodorant from organic Toms to Arm & Hammer Naturals to you name it. I've never been able to wear anti-persperants, but now I can't find deodorants that don't make me miserable. Caking on vaseline helps some, but it's messy. Glide/anti-chafing sticks wear off about mid-day. Powders seem to have no impact. I don't know what's up.
phdag
Any kind of undies you like that are designed for working out or running work great.
powerbiscuit
Bird93 said:

I've developed a serious problem with underarm burning/chafing. Just started out of the blue about 6 mos ago. I've tried every brand of deodorant from organic Toms to Arm & Hammer Naturals to you name it. I've never been able to wear anti-persperants, but now I can't find deodorants that don't make me miserable. Caking on vaseline helps some, but it's messy. Glide/anti-chafing sticks wear off about mid-day. Powders seem to have no impact. I don't know what's up.
wear a snug fitting tshirt under your shirt
Bird93
AG
Thanks, that does help some. What I can't figure out is, am I chafing, or have I developed an allergy, or is it a combination of an allergy that's further aggrevated by skin-on-skin rubbing? My mother, grandmother, and daughter are allergic to metals/alloys, and most deodorants contain aluminum. The Arm & Hammer Naturals don't have aluminum and seem to be the best option, but it's not fullproof.
AggieChemist
AG
Bird93 said:

Thanks, that does help some. What I can't figure out is, am I chafing, or have I developed an allergy, or is it a combination of an allergy that's further aggrevated by skin-on-skin rubbing? My mother, grandmother, and daughter are allergic to metals/alloys, and most deodorants contain aluminum. The Arm & Hammer Naturals don't have aluminum and seem to be the best option, but it's not fullproof.
This is very likely a contact dermatitis. Although, I would imagine in one of the products you've tried you'd eliminate the allergen. Is the Arm & Hammer just baking soda, or does it have other stuff in it?

You could try rubbing it on your inner forearm and seeing if you develop a rash there. Once you're sensitized, you should react when "challenged" with the allergen.
dubi
AG
Bird93 said:

I am also very allergic to deodorants. What works for me is the Almay hypoallergenic.
UnderoosAg
AG
I sweat like a farm animal when working outside. I've worn the knockoff UnderArmor stuff from Academy, some from Reebok, Pro Player. They seem to work okay, but seems the full synthetic stuff always seem to get extra stanky. Most recently I've gone to the cotton stretch stuff from Jockey. Low rise won't chaff a beer gut and the extended legs keep them from riding up.

And I'll see your Gold Bond and raise you Zeasorb. There used to be Zeasorb and Zeasorb Anti-fungal, but seems like I only see the AF stuff in HEB, Target, etc. Really good at preventing swamp ass and doesn't smell like anything. If you've ever had an Abuelita who swore by Vicks and Metholatum, you really don't want the Gold Bond medicinal smell while dusting your junk.
UnderoosAg
AG
Oh, and

I now understand why so many people on this board hunt high fence places with big fancy lodges, and only hire full service guides when they leave home. It's not because they're lazy and don't want to put in work. It's because they can't live with a little bit of sack sweat.

JeebusChrist what a bunch of weirdos. Put some damn crumpled up newspaper around your junk and go hunt. You do know if you put some sort of cover around your huevos then "voila", chones. It doesn't require Ex-officio $30 a pair drawers, imported nut dust made from unicorn farts, magical salve made from the sap of Amazon rain forest bonsai trees, etc. Material. Nuts. That's it.

Can you imagine reading GatorAg's Alaska hunt thread and picture him saying, and after I dumped my raft and 1000 pounds of bison into the frozen river I climbed onto the bank, put on my driest wool clothes and then powdered my balls so that I could get my wits about me!
mt3950
AG
2UNDR Swingshift 6 or 9 inch. They're life-changing.

You're welcome.
mpl35
AG
UnderoosAg said:

It's because they can't live with a little bit of sack sweat.

JeebusChrist what a bunch of weirdos. Put some damn crumpled up newspaper around your junk and go hunt. You do know if you put some sort of cover around your huevos then "voila", chones. It doesn't require Ex-officio $30 a pair drawers, imported nut dust made from unicorn farts, magical salve made from the sap of Amazon rain forest bonsai trees, etc. Material. Nuts. That's it.

Can you imagine reading GatorAg's Alaska hunt thread and picture him saying, and after I dumped my raft and 1000 pounds of bison into the frozen river I climbed onto the bank, put on my driest wool clothes and then powdered my balls so that I could get my wits about me!

Right. Nobody thought of that. I'm usually fine but I did about 16 miles and 6k feet of gain in 90 degrees. I was chafing so bad by the end I walked like a cowboy. If I had left it I'd be bleeding. Congrats on not having chaff. Others do.
Bird93
AG
Thanks for the rec. I'll definitely give it a shot.
UnderoosAg
AG
mpl35 said:

UnderoosAg said:

Right. Nobody thought of that. I'm usually fine but I did about 16 miles and 6k feet of gain in 90 degrees. I was chafing so bad by the end I walked like a cowboy. If I had left it I'd be bleeding. Congrats on not having chaff. Others do.

Read my first post. The quoted one is from the Coffee thread.
mpl35
AG
UnderoosAg said:

mpl35 said:

UnderoosAg said:

Read my first post. The quoted one is from the Coffee thread.
CharlieBrown17
AG
dubi said:

Juicyfan said:

That image is NSFW!
Zemira
AG
Well in have nothing to add as I don't have this particular problem, but now I see that wandering in to this Outdoors thread had hidden bonuses.
javajaws
AG
Both a solution and cause of chafing:

Sailor
jaseev
ARGO branch starch for actually mixing w water an starching clothes like grandma did. Its in a white and brown box and i usually find it in small grocery stores older folks use. And i buy every box. Normally less than $3 a box
RightWingConspirator
AG
queso1 said:

Not trying to be a dick, but losing weight might help. Humans evolved to walk long distances and I doubt that chafing is normal under ideal body proportions.
queso1 may be on to something here. I think how you're built might factor into the equation as well. I ran for years and never had any chaffing issues. I also hiked from Cusco, Peru to Macchu Picchu - both my wife and I - and neither of us had any chaffing issues at all. In fact, as I think of it, I'm not exactly sure if I know what chaffing even is. Is this a problem with thighs rubbing together? Is this where the chaffing occurs?

I'm 6'1 and weigh about 175-180 lbs. I do not have big legs.
AnScAggie
AG
My vote is Duluth Buck Naked Briefs in 6" or 9". I have worn everything from UA to Jockey and off brand stuff from Costco, Academy and Target and nothing comes close IMO.
HansAg
AG
the other meaning of "red ass"
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.