Outdoors
Sponsored by

Chest rigs/battle belts/go bags/load out gear

6,984 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bradley.Kohr.II
TwoMarksHand
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Anyone use a battle belt for USPSA/IDPA?

Bumping my question
Dunbar
AG
Op,
Hope this helps give you an idea of a setup that works for me
drummer0415
AG
Dunbar - thanks for the pics and vid. I appreciate the insight.

Everybody else - good discussion so far. Let's keep it going.
drummer0415
AG
Bumping this topic. Still piecing together my gear, but here's what I have so far.

Plate carrier has 3 AR mag holder across the front and a small zipper pouch for "stuff."

Belt has a 2 AR mag holder on left side, and 1 AR mag/1 pistol mag holder on right side.

I think I might put a small roll up dump pouch on the back side of the belt, but I'm trying to keep things simple and not overload.

The plate carrier doesn't have any plates in it yet. Still doing some research and deciding exactly what I want.

Also still need to get my backpack loaded up. It will have first aid in it for sure, but other that that I might go through a couple different iterations of what exactly I keep in there.
Dunbar
AG
Go do some training with your current setup. Youll find out what works and what doesnt. On your drop leg holster, remember its supposed to be high on your leg, not at your knee.
Report back with your findings after you shake your kit out
Nealthedestroyer
AG
Drop leg holsters absolutely suck if you have to walk or patrol for any period of time. Pants ride up and start chafing. The only time I wore one was when mounted or on the FOB.

Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
Very common in 3 Gun - not applicable in pistol games...

If you are thinking about wearing it to practice at a match...

Unless you are about to be deployed/active duty or shooting M or higher, you will be ridiculed for probably as long as you know the shooters.

However, if you can shoot M or higher, you'd already know this, and know that you would still be ridiculed.

The only times I've seen it have been guys wanting to try things out right before they're deployment.
gibberish
AG
Bradley.Kohr.II said:

Very common in 3 Gun - not applicable in pistol games...

If you are thinking about wearing it to practice at a match...

Unless you are about to be deployed/active duty or shooting M or higher, you will be ridiculed for probably as long as you know the shooters.

However, if you can shoot M or higher, you'd already know this, and know that you would still be ridiculed.

The only times I've seen it have been guys wanting to try things out right before they're deployment.

Just to add. Ridiculed because it is slower than what the gamers are using.

Remember the purpose of the military style belts/rigs is to keep stuff with you no matter what your doing. Low crawls through mud, hauling a$$ through brush etc etc.
TwoMarksHand
AG
Thanks. I've since been to a few shoots and just had a basic holster and mag holster on a normal nylon belt. Worked fine so I'll stick with it.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
Well... ridiculed for being slow, and for being a tactical Barbie, if you aren't military - and even then, unless deployment is imminent, the other soldiers will bust the tacticool fellows chops

But, that's often about mindset more than just the gear.

The last time I saw one, a fellow was wearing hard plate body armor at a July Steel challenge match, and telling some "beards and dark glasses" types from Ft. Bragg that they weren't shooting "tactically" and that they needed to stop drawing so fast. (They had an instructor w a .6s draw from a thigh retention rig and a G19...)
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.