Outdoors
Sponsored by

Bender's Big AR-15 & Semi Auto Shilling Thread

493,695 Views | 2919 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by robstrom
CharlieBrown17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think 40s would drive me up a wall, I get annoyed by 30s every now and then
CactusThomas
AG
quote:
I think 40s would drive me up a wall, I get annoyed by 30s every now and then

Yeah I use 20s exclusively at this point.
HvilleAggie
AG
40s are great for rifle-intensive 3 gun stages

Or for bad shots like me!
CharlieBrown17
AG
I only use 10s on the bench now
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:

I have one 10 for bench stuff.

several 20s because i like them

a lot but not enough 30s

a few 40s

and now one 60.
230Ag
AG
quote:
Thanks!

Second question:

Who has been fingerprinted in the Houston area? Or is there a way to find places that will do ATF fingerprinting and it is accepted or official?
I just got some done at Identigo. they use the blue line forms. haven't submitted it yet though.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I have 2 10s and a metric **** ton of 30s. Need to pick up a 20.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Have an appointment with them on Friday morning. Do they charge per sheet or just flat rate?
230Ag
AG
quote:
Have an appointment with them on Friday morning. Do they charge per sheet or just flat rate?
they charged me $10 for 2 printed blue line cards. I actually scheduled the appointment to get my fingerprints done for my CHL - which is an electronic submission by them directly to state, but they took my fingerprints a 2nd time and printed out the blue line cards that are same form mentioned on the Form 1 / Form 4 paperwork. I think it should work.
CactusThomas
AG
quote:

Fine then, I like the 5s.
CharlieBrown17
AG
quote:
quote:

Fine then, I like the 5s.

Waiting on someone to come tell us they reload longer than mag length and have to single feed.
El Chupacabra
Anyone know of a good stripped upper/lower package that is factory FDE?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Usually, I'd say Aero but they aren't producing FDE right now.
Naveronski
AG
quote:

If Aero isn't, check Mega, or San Tan.
mts6175
AG
quote:
quote:

If Aero isn't, check Mega, or San Tan.
Highly recommend San Tan. Used one on a build for my brother and it's legit.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
quote:
quote:
Thanks!

Second question:

Who has been fingerprinted in the Houston area? Or is there a way to find places that will do ATF fingerprinting and it is accepted or official?
I just got some done at Identigo. they use the blue line forms. haven't submitted it yet though.

So, just got out of my appointment with identogo and they wouldn't fingerprint my forms....

They said they don't do rolled print on the forms I had despite me reminding him that Katy and Harris PD both had instructed me to use them for this.

Freaking annoyed!!!!

Made a call back to Harris county and they will fingerprint in cypress but call before you go. Why the hell is this so damn difficult?
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Thanks!

Second question:

So, just got out of my appointment with identogo and they wouldn't fingerprint my forms....

They said they don't do rolled print on the forms I had despite me reminding him that Katy and Harris PD both had instructed me to use them for this.

Freaking annoyed!!!!

Made a call back to Harris county and they will fingerprint in cypress but call before you go. Why the hell is this so damn difficult?
Because it's designed and supposed to be.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Thanks!

Second question:

Freaking annoyed!!!!

I don't know off the top of my head if it's required to have the rolled ink ones, but I did the digital ones for my FFL.
MTxTwelve
Reposts from IG

And, no, I'm not MFBarnes
dodger02
AG
What bipods are you using on those rifles?
MTxTwelve
Harris model BRM-S. Using a KAC bipod adapter for each as well
El Chupacabra
LaRue MBT for $99
TamuKid
AG
quote:
LaRue MBT for $99
Thanks...

What the hell, I'll buy my third. Really like these triggers.
TSJ
AG
Anyone have trijicon accupower 1-4x? I think I want to go this route over a strike eagle. This would be for 10.5 sbr.
WC87
AG
Naveronski
AG
I need to get muzzle devices on two uppers swapped/timed, and a Law folder installed on a lower.

Anyone have suggestions in Dallas/Plano?
pdtnation
AG
FYI- Primary Arms in Pearland has Anderson lowers back in stock for $49.99 for those in need.
AgEngineer72
AG
AR15 newbie trying to learn where to even start. A bit overwhelming but this thread helps a lot. Thanks to all who have contributed. Finally found enough time to make it through this thread and have questions. First, about lowers- I see references to forged, billet, and polymer. I'm assuming a forged lower is just that, forged, and then machined only enough to clean up the forging. I'm guessing the billet version is hogged out of an aluminum or steel block and a polymer unit is, well, polymer. Is all this correct? What are the advantages/ disadvantages of each? What should I want?
Avoid polymer lowers. Billet is just better looking. An AR, in my mind, is a tool, so I'm not going to pay 3x for it to be shinier. Forged is what the military uses, and unless you just are set on a billet, forged lowers are just fine.
AgEngineer72
AG

Thanks. No I'm not set on anything, just trying to learn more about it.

Next question- why do I want a free float handguard? That seems to be considered better but I'm not sure why.
agfan2013
AG
quote:

Next question- why do I want a free float handguard? That seems to be considered better but I'm not sure why.

Free float handguards are more accurate. If you will never take a shot over 200 yards it's not an absolute must, but they are nice to have. Just depends on how much you are wanting to spend
BenderRodriguez
AG
Forged for your first, for sure.

Free float is the way to go for several reasons. Specifically, lightweight free float is the way to go.

The standard AR-15 handguards don't allow you to attach anything. Things like lights and bipods are incredibly useful. A free float tube will also allow you to attach iron sights further out that a conventional carbine gas block/sight set up, and increased sight radius is a good thing....and as the other guy mentioned, free float means that weight/pressure on the rail from accessories/sling/being put on a rest doesn't interfere with your accuracy. It's small, but it can affect poa/poi.

Quad rails also let you attach accessories, but many of them are not free float and all of them are heavy.

jetch17
AG
Late to the party, but happy with my first .223 build. Time for accessories and the next one!

AgLA06
AG
quote:
Late to the party, but happy with my first .223 build. Time for accessories and the next one!

I stared at this photo for a while looking for the bottle of whiskey or dead hooker I figured were hidden in the background.
jetch17
AG
*just out of camera shot

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.