Outdoors
Sponsored by

Knives for sale

12,074 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by aad03
DiskoTroop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Several high grade sheath knives for sale. All prices are for FTF transactions in Houston. Will ship any of them to you if paid up front and additional $10 for packaging and postage.

Othello Brand Alaskan Trapper- Solingen, Germany
Imported by Coast Cutlery - Portland, Oregon

Essentially a really well made Randall copy with finger grooved stag, aluminum butt cap, brass guard, 4.5"-5" convex ground blade. Full leather German made sheath that looks just like a Johnson Roughback.

***All Sold***

Joe Holbert - Handmade Scagel inspired knife in Mosher sheath

Made from an old file. Can see file ribs just above makers mark. Incredibly well made full custom knife.

$300

Unmarked custom damascus steel hunter - full tang, with file work (filled with red media) and 6 brass pins holding on beautiful wood handle scales.

Really beautifully finished knife. Svelte grip, nice damascus.

***Sold***

Lots more to come in the coming weeks.
TwoMarksHand
AG
Those are some beautiful knives
DiskoTroop
Bump for Monday crowd.
Cromagnum
AG
That damascus one is a beaut.
DiskoTroop
Few more:

Ka-Bar blade with custom handle and sheath

***SOLD***

Abercrombie & Fitch Trapper Knife - Convex ground Joseph Rogers and Sons made in Sheffield, England.

***SOLD***

Pair of Japanese made Beretta sheath knives. Rosewood handles.

***SOLD***

DiskoTroop
More:

Jim Behring Jr. (Now Behring Made Knives, Missoula, Montana) Bird and Trout knife. 3.5"-4" blade. Convex ground, stag grip, carved Mosher sheath. Totally spotless. As new in zipper case.

$400

Buck 107 - Basically new in the box

***Sold***

Remington RH-32 in Remington DuPont labeled sheath

***SOLD***

AgsMnn
AG
What is the story with these? Why are you selling them?

DiskoTroop
Oh sorry I guess that would help.

My dad passed away about 2.5 years ago in New Mexico. After a year of dealing with the estate It was finally all settled. My stepmother told me she wanted to give me the gun and knife collection. He was an avid collector, wheeler and dealer. I have some 200+ knives and 30 or so guns that she brought down to me this thanksgiving. I'm liquidating the stuff I don't want.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Awesome looking knives.

What guns did you end up with? Would be interested, even if you aren't selling.
Jason C.
AG
Nice!
Buck Compton
AG
Interested in one or two. Got an email?
Old Sarge
AG
Any Eye Brand knives made in Solingen gonna come up for sale?
Thisguy1
I thought you made all of these and was going to tell you that you're way underpricing some of them for the work/time that goes into making them.

There's some good looking knives in there.
DiskoTroop
quote:
Awesome looking knives.

What guns did you end up with? Would be interested, even if you aren't selling.

There will be another thread as soon as the family and friends get their pick. He was a .22 collector and had some VERY high quality .22's. Couple AR's. Nice Remington 700. Etc.
DiskoTroop
quote:
Interested in one or two. Got an email?

For a member of Easy Company? Certainly!

nick . schifani at yahoo

Remove spaces and add a .c
DiskoTroop
quote:
Any Eye Brand knives made in Solingen gonna come up for sale?

No Eye Brand but that Alaskan Trapper is Solingen Steel. Got some more Solingen steel too if that's what you're into.
DiskoTroop
By the way, I have three of those Alaskan Trappers in various degrees of condition. This one is the best looking on. The other two aren't quite as pretty. Darkened blades, fading etching, etc but still in perfectly serviceable condition.

***All Sold***

DiskoTroop
Even got my mom selling knives for me!!!

Watch her Etsy for knives...

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GrapesofRathersStore?section_id=all

A Boker sheath knife and a neat little coffin shaped handle sheath knife on there too, among her cat cup/saucers and vintage baptismal dresses and stuff.
DiskoTroop
Updated with a few sold. Will list more tonight.
AndreAg
Cool knives!
DiskoTroop
These will be listed as lots. If you want just one, that's fine but I gotta charge you for shipping a single knife. It's a flat rate box so it's still like $10.

1: blade marked GC Co stainless steel Japan.
This is not a switchblade. It is a pick lock mechanism. Handles are made of wood. It is somewhat loose when locked open.

2: Big blade is marked Dunlop US. Has big blade small blade and sheeps foot blade. All blades walk and talk. (Snap closed with authority meaning good strong springs.) Approximately 80 to 85%.

3: Big blade marked imperial Providence Rhode Island. Has big blade small blade and sheep's foot blade. Big blade has long pull and false edge. Approximately 85 to 90%.

4: very good condition Case XX stainless USA 6 dot. Model number 2138 LSS.
****SOLD****

5: exactly the same as #4. ****SOLD****

6: tiny little J.A. Henckels. Marked as such with Henckels double man logo and Solingen.

Someone gimme $30, shipped for remaining 4.

Obviously all Swiss Army Knives

1: Victorinox. Missing tooth pick and tweezers

2: Wenger missing toothpick. Labeled Morgan Stanley Dean Witter Family of Funds

3: Victorinox all parts present. I think dad called this an Executive model?

4: Victorinox all parts present

5: Victorinox all parts present

Someone gimme $75, shipped for all 5.

Italian switchblades!!! Some are stiletto ground but NOT SHARPENED on the top edge so they ARE legal RE the stiletto clause in Texas law.

Btw when dealing with Italian switchblades, all lengths listed are OVER ALL LENGTHS. Not blade lengths. Don't ask me why but that's how people talk about Italian switchblades. If anyone knows why, please enlighten me. Schmellba?

1: Inox Italian pick lock - horn - 5" - stiletto grind

2: Inox Italian pick lock - stag - 5" - stiletto grind

3: Inox Italian rocking bolster - horn - 7.5-8" - flat grind - weak spring

4: Inox Italian rocking bolster - pearl (front panel pearl is split on either side of button. Perhaps made that way, perhaps cracked. Can't tell.) - 11" - flat grind - weak spring

5: AGA Campolin - Maniago, Italy - 2012 - stag - traditional back spine spring lock - 11" - stiletto grind

6: AGA Campolin - pick lock - horn - 13" - stiletto grind

***sold***
DiskoTroop
Sold
Greeze06
AG
These are tempting.
DiskoTroop
J. Russell dinner knife that's been made into a smaller utility knife in handmade thick leather sheath with fringe and beaded neck lanyard.

AWESOME knife for a Boy Scout!!!

***Sold***

Small Antler handled unmarked knife in leather sheath with small beaded tassel.

***SOLD***

Ok folks this is a real goodie...

This is a totally unmarked knife but the sheath has some markings I can't identify. It looks like a copy of one of the old Marbles sheath knives or maybe a Wade & Butcher. I just don't know. Either way it's an incredibly well made knife with a blood groove on a convex ground blade that's grooved on the back in front of the guard. Stacked leather rigs with brass and composite spacers, aluminum pommel. The sheath is NOT in great condition.

Identified as a P. Holmberg from Sweden!!! Great knife!

I need $150 out of this one shipped.

DiskoTroop
Anyone know how to edit the title of a thread? I'd like to post a date for the latest updates.
resmith09
AG
I don't suppose there are any Randall Knives in that collection?
DiskoTroop
No sir it doesn't appear so. I figured he might have one or two, but while he certainly appreciated the quality, his tastes were to different knives. As yet I have not found any Randalls.
AgEng06
AG
phideaux - are all 3 of those Alaskan skinners still available? Do you have pics of the blades on the other 2?

If you have some pics, feel free to shoot me an email: aggieeng06 at gmail or reply here.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
any wiggle room for lot #1, where are they located? I really only like the 2 Case knives
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
May sound weird but any decent blades with bad/broken/missing/etc handles.

I really enjoy repairing and rebuilding knives but haven't gotten to the full fabrication level yet. I hope to start trying that soon
DiskoTroop
quote:
phideaux - are all 3 of those Alaskan skinners still available? Do you have pics of the blades on the other 2?

If you have some pics, feel free to shoot me an email: aggieeng06 at gmail or reply here.

They are available. I have pics of two of the three on my phone now and I can get the third tonight. Will send tonight.
DiskoTroop
quote:
any wiggle room for lot #1, where are they located? I really only like the 2 Case knives

Gimme $75 for the two case knives, shipped. They're in Houston.
AgEng06
AG
Great, thanks!
DiskoTroop
quote:
May sound weird but any decent blades with bad/broken/missing/etc handles.

I really enjoy repairing and rebuilding knives but haven't gotten to the full fabrication level yet. I hope to start trying that soon

Yes actually. I'll have to sort through the other boxes this weekend and get back to you. Send me an email. Email in profile.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Email sent...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.