Outdoors
Sponsored by

Dear Yeti

19,404 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Tagguy
BeardofZeus01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Would the Yeti Rambler be good for beer drinking at the beach/swimming pool, where you cant have a bottle?

its good for drinking beer anywhere ... whether you can have a bottle or not.
Col. Steve Austin
AG
Bought my wife the 20 oz and 30 oz Rambler set. She loves 'em.
Strongwind86
AG
quote:
quote:
Would the Yeti Rambler be good for beer drinking at the beach/swimming pool, where you cant have a bottle?

its good for drinking beer anywhere ... whether you can have a bottle or not.

Correct! We have a winner!!
Big "upgrade" over a red Solo cup.

Even with or without the "holey - sippy - cup" lid that Yeti provides. LOL.....

Birddog 99
AG
quote:
I prefer hand washing anyways since the apartment dishwasher sucks, but that's good to know.

Apartment dishwasher, my wife would kill me if I referd to her like that.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
This has been my complaint as well. Though, i'm not so worried about the thermal issues as I am with spilling. If I put my coffee in my rambler before I leave the house for work, it sloshes out of the cup as I drive.

How about either, not filling it up so high, or learn to drive better
schmellba99
AG
quote:
quote:
This has been my complaint as well. Though, i'm not so worried about the thermal issues as I am with spilling. If I put my coffee in my rambler before I leave the house for work, it sloshes out of the cup as I drive.

In Houston, you'd have to put approximately 2 ounces of liquid in the 40 oz Rambler to be able to drive at any speed exceeding 3 miles per hour on the roads to avoid sloshing out of the cup, even with the best sedan and suspension on the market.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

In Houston, you'd have to put approximately 2 ounces of liquid in the 40 oz Rambler to be able to drive at any speed exceeding 3 miles per hour on the roads to avoid sloshing out of the cup, even with the best sedan and suspension on the market.
Gasket and a straw, brah
Aggiehunter34
S
quote:
I've got a Rambler 20 oz and a Stanley One hand Vacuum Mug 20oz that I rotate depending on if I go to the office or not. The Stanley has a button that you press to open the drink hole. It's double walled steel like the Rambler, but keeps my coffee hotter longer. Also its only $30 for the 20oz, but that's the largest size.

But this one is much nicer!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/11256973_1720845884809117_825829429_n.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.online-instagram.com/tag/wyliecustom&h=320&w=320&tbnid=02WsJe7mOfCpVM:&docid=i5RGfLsGVVsitM&ei=NAPBVcrGDMOoNsPio9AL&tbm=isch&ved=0CCMQMygDMANqFQoTCMqwjZmGkMcCFUOUDQodQ_EIug
Aggiehunter34
S
I have the Texas A&M Yeti 20oz mug and cant go anywhere without people asking me where to get it. I love mine and worth every penny.

I look at it like this, if I go eat a steak dinner what do I have to show for it? Yep, poop. Well I am skipping a couple steak dinners and instead have something I will use daily for coffee and then cold water all day long, everyday, 7 days a week.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Interesting, I live in Houston and fill mine up with water in the morning, it hasn't spilled a drop yet.
AgEng06
AG
quote:

But this one is much nicer!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/11256973_1720845884809117_825829429_n.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.online-instagram.com/tag/wyliecustom&h=320&w=320&tbnid=02WsJe7mOfCpVM:&docid=i5RGfLsGVVsitM&ei=NAPBVcrGDMOoNsPio9AL&tbm=isch&ved=0CCMQMygDMANqFQoTCMqwjZmGkMcCFUOUDQodQ_EIug
What the hell is this crap?!? Blasphemer!

Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Interesting, I live in Houston and fill mine up with water in the morning, it hasn't spilled a drop yet.

Yeah, I'm in Houston too and never had an issue with my Rambler spilling and I fill it to the top with coffee every morning before my commute.
schmellba99
AG
You guys must not drive on anything but the newest of streets, or didn't see the part about "no lid or fill less".

Because pretty much every single street in Houston - and especially surface streets - are worse than what I drove on in Juarez.
plowboy1065
S
Ok ok, where do I buy that Aggie Yeti glass?
Maroonedinaustin
AG
quote:
if your paying $40 for yours, you need to become better friends with dealer....

That said, the rambler has become my only way to drink whiskey and coke. minimal ice melting!
Eleventy billion blue stars for you my friend!
HvilleAggie
AG
quote:
Ok ok, where do I buy that Aggie Yeti glass?
No, seriously. Where? Or do I have to make one myself?
easttexasaggie04
AG
Do want Aggie Yeti
Average Joe
AG
Where is the best place to get my rambler rhinolined? It's not quite redneck enough for me.
Bighamp03
AG
quote:
I have the Texas A&M Yeti 20oz mug and cant go anywhere without people asking me where to get it. I love mine and worth every penny.

I look at it like this, if I go eat a steak dinner what do I have to show for it? Yep, poop. Well I am skipping a couple steak dinners and instead have something I will use daily for coffee and then cold water all day long, everyday, 7 days a week.

2 steak dinners for the price of a Yeti Tumbler? More like 1 steak, not including appetizers, drinks, or sides!
techno-ag
AG
quote:
This has been my complaint as well. Though, i'm not so worried about the thermal issues as I am with spilling. If I put my coffee in my rambler before I leave the house for work, it sloshes out of the cup as I drive. Not a great design for traveling with beverages. I have been toying with designing an aftermarket lid for it and if it works maybe even trying to sell it.
Yeah, just don't fill it to the brim. I fill my coffee in the mornings, leaving an inch so from the top and it's never sloshed over.
plowboy1065
S
Still waiting for an answer to where these Aggie ramblers can be found. I need to give my money to someone dang it!
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
Still waiting for an answer to where these Aggie ramblers can be found. I need to give my money to someone dang it!

http://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2644696
raidernarizona
One more vote for the HydroFlask. I have 5 of the 18 oz and one 30 oz. Really like the widemouth 30 oz. My wife loves her Rambler but I've never used it.
plowboy1065
S
Read through that whole thread and didn't see anything about maroon ramblers
skelly02
AG
quote:
About your Rambler. I don't want to go into a lengthy discussion about why you should revisit whatever class you took on thermodynamics, but suffice it to say that your Rambler is only about 96% correct. In case you aren't aware, you have a f-ING open hole in the top.

When are you going to remedy this so that it will actually be as cold as science allows and more suitable for people who would use them for outdoors and less for frat daddies?
One of my friends is an exec in Yeti, and I asked him the same question ( I am a huge fan of the Tumblers, BTW). He said that they are currently working on a closeable lid, and that they should be releasing one in the next few years.

You can get the Tumblers customized at RamblerOn.com as well. I just did some for my dad for his birthday. Those Maroon ones are awesome!
raidernarizona
One more vote for the HydroFlask. I have 5 of the 18 oz and one 30 oz. Really like the widemouth 30 oz. My loves her Rambler but I've never used it.
El Mero Guero
Isn't Yeti basically just a status symbol for 95+% of the people buying their products? Holy sh** all of their stuff is unbelievably pricey. Please tell me a lot of this goes back into R&D so that one day we will look back and scoff at the times when our ice only stayed frozen for 3 days.
DriftwoodAg
AG
This is what you want. Seals, clips and keeps coffee warm for a couple hours

Canyon99
A Stanley sticker on the back of your rig doesn't make you appear to be redneck rich, though.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
A Stanley sticker on the back of your rig doesn't make you appear to be redneck rich, though.
Yeah. LOLpoors.
BrazosDog02
AG
Gonna go with the hydroflask. Double Walled, vacuum sealed. Exactly the same as Yeti except with a functional lid...and a lot less money...and a lot more volume...in fact this solves a problem I didnt even know I had....30oz is kind of weak. This looks like the ticket. Well done OB. Well done.
HUEY04
AG
For beer and other cold drinks you can't beat hydroflask, get the 40oz that actually holds 3 beers which is enough for the insulation to matter.

For coffee a 16oz zojirushi is the way to go. I make coffee at 5:15, head to the gym and start drinking it at 8:30, it is still too hot to take more than a sip at noon.
Aggiehunter34
S
quote:
quote:

2 steak dinners for the price of a Yeti Tumbler? More like 1 steak, not including appetizers, drinks, or sides!
2 steaks by the time you get it cerakoted with the design.
Aggiehunter34
S
quote:
Sent you a PM
easttexasaggie04
AG

Not as fancy but I made my own!!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.