Outdoors
Sponsored by

Workshop Thread

796,560 Views | 1839 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by SECond2noneAgs
TwoMarksHand
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Working outdoors is outdoors, and I figured we need a Workshop/Garage thread. Post your pics and ideas of how you can improve.
AgySkeet06
AG
Doesnt look like a workshop garage to me without an alcoholic beverage neon sign or poster of women in wet tshirts and or bikinis....... and where is the beer fridge????
johnrth
I like this idea. We just moved this weekend so give me a couple months to get my garage set back up.
TwoMarksHand
AG
quote:
Doesnt look like a workshop garage to me without an alcoholic beverage neon sign or poster of women in wet tshirts and or bikinis....... and where is the beer fridge????
Ha its behind me(the picture) fully stocked. I'm currently building a stand to put the mini fridge on so that it is taller.
Dogdoc
AG
Can't wait for Agrams to post.
TwoMarksHand
AG
quote:
bdgol07
AG
quote:
Why? We all know we are beat once he does
Tim Taylor
Tim Taylor
That vise looks awfully like one made in the chem bldg machine shop
javajaws
AG
Page Juan!
TwoMarksHand
AG
quote:
The beer fridge in question, complete with Doss Sticker.

Also current project to get the fridge off of the ground.
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:
quote:

Where'd you put the razor blade and rolled up $20 that were on that mirror before you took the pic?
TwoMarksHand
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Where'd you put the razor blade and rolled up $20 that were on that mirror before you took the pic?
That's one of the shelves that goes inside the fridge. So, nice troll i guess
Dr. Faustus
AG
Joke /= Troll
TwoMarksHand
AG
quote:
Joke /= Troll
I gotcha, tough to tell between sarcasm/joke and someone trying to troll...guess I've been reading the zoo too much.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Pardon the mess... The shelf on the saw horses snowballed into painting the entire house!

Still need to add the beer fridge when budget permits.
35chililights
AG
It isnt much, but,

it isn't much.

Hopefully the situation will improve soon.
schmellba99
AG
Still a work in progress, bit at least the lighting is getting adequate. I actually have cleaned it up since this pic.

Satellite of Love
I just sold my house. No more woodshop for me until a new garage is built at my fiance's house. Had to put the equipment in storage.
TwoMarksHand
AG
quote:
I just sold my house. No more woodshop for me until a new garage is built at my fiance's house. Had to put the equipment in storage.
Those poor tools. T&P For you and your equipment.
Post removed:
by user
drummer0415
AG
I'll be cleaning up my garage this weekend. I'll take a couple pics after it's all cleaned up.
yippee2
AG
My Dad had a wonderful shop. He passed away last year and I spent a lot of time trying to clean it up after his death. He had stuff in every nook and cranny. There is stuff that I have no clue what it is...but he knew it.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Are these separate shops or garages? Where do you part your cars?
TwoMarksHand
AG
quote:
Right now my shop is my garage. I'm eventually going to build a separate shop to get all my stuff out of the garage, but for now my wife and I park in the driveway.
drummer0415
AG
quote:
quote:
Right now my shop is my garage. I'm eventually going to build a separate shop to get all my stuff out of the garage, but for now my wife and I park in the driveway.

Exact same situation for me.
schmellba99
AG
quote:

Garage for me. My truck stays in the driveway because it wouldnt fit in the garage anyway.

The wife's car usually is in the driveway, but can be on the open side wjen necessary. At some point i will finish out the interior and get the opener hung, and ahe will use it more frequently.

A real shop/barn is in the plans, but many years out yet.
agrams
AG
I like the lighting schmelba. Are the back fixtures a different temperature on purpose? I try to mix the temperatures of the bulbs in my fixtures to give a decent range.schmellba
schmellba99
AG
Not on purpose, just whatever bulbs came with the lights. It shows up in the pic but really isnt noticeable. The three lights on the right are older than the others.

I still have one more fixture to add on the right of the pocture above my little metal fab area. May do that tommorrow.
WiIIiam Wallace
WiIIiam Wallace
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
Garage for me. It's too shallow for my truck anyway. No spouse or gf, so the garage and the house are both my castle
TwoMarksHand
AG
quote:
quote:
Garage for me. It's too shallow for my truck anyway. No spouse or gf, so the garage and the house are both my castle

You lucky SOB.
agrams
AG
3 car garage, but the tools are worth more than the truck, so the truck is in the driveway. The wife 'sometimes' parks in the garage, but usually the third bay is clean, or finished projects are in the third bay (or I have plastic tarps for closing that area off and spraying finishes).
Dumbdumb
Here is my workshop/home away from home

Edit: I have no clue why the other pictures refuse to show up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.