Friends that don't understand technology

6,432 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by txam92
m-walker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Average Joe said:

I love telling people what "the cloud" actually is and watching their heads explode. It makes for great entertainment.

iceman08
AG
You make one pivot table and a calculated column and suddenly people think you're a wizard...
ABATTBQ11
AG
I told someone I could write macros. Now I'm a developer.
kb2001
AG
iceman08 said:

You make one pivot table and a calculated column and suddenly people think you're a wizard...
Pivot tables are truly wizardry
Vander
AG
kb2001 said:

iceman08 said:

Pivot tables are truly wizardry
They allow you to create tables and charts in 15 minutes what would take someone else literally weeks to do. I have no idea how people can function in a workplace without knowing how to use Excel with any sort of efficiency at all.
Vander
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Been struggling for the past decade with secretaries that can turn a 10 page native pdf doc into an 200MB monster file that bogs down the email system and is (rightfully) rejected by the clients email system.

They can't understand how to take a file from their email and save it or forward it on. They'll print a hard copy then turn right around and run it through the scanner at max resolution so they can save it on the network drive. They'll do this **** with 1 pagers or 500 pages doesn't matter to them.

Was hilarious watching them trying to send out massive files over email bogging down theirs and every recipient in the offices email.

I tried over the years to educate people on this with no success. Their eyes would glaze over wondering if someone had eaten the half jelly doughnut that was left in the break room.

After years of this **** the network storage gets maxed out and instead of fixing the human element which caused the problem and they pay some IT shlub thousands to come out install more storage.

nwspmp
Ark03 said:

BlackGoldAg2011 said:

i am struggling to fight the urge to ask her to explain how one would "hack into the internet"
It's explained in movies quite well: you can obviously hack the internet via either a Unix system or a Mac.

Clearly, as shown in these examples, the key to hacking the Internet is close proximity to Jeff Goldblum.
dave99ag
AG
Let's not forget this group of hackers...
kb2001
AG
dave99ag said:

Let's not forget this group of hackers...

Just need a PCI bus and RISC, with a killer refresh rate
The Fife
3 guys and Spock's sister.
txam92
AG
The Fife said:

3 guys and Spock's sister.
"Spock's sister" is Angelina Jolie
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.