Google Pixel (Nexus) Event Oct 4

20,194 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by howdydamnit04
Ark03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got the email with my daydream view code - should be here before Thanksgiving.
howdydamnit04
AG
Ha me too... Of course I get this the day the Daydream I Preordered was supposed to arrive. I somehow didnt know I was going to get a free one
04texag
AG
Did you have to buy straight from google to get one free? I bought mine from verizon
GarlandAg2012
AG
If you preordered, go to https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/ and use code GOOGLEGIFT. Submit your info and receipt + UPC and you should get an email with your expected ship date.
Ark03
AG
04texag said:

Did you have to buy straight from google to get one free? I bought mine from verizon
I ordered directly from Google, and got an email from google with a promo code to use in the google store. I'll bet it's different for Verizon customers.
howdydamnit04
AG
Got my free Daydream last night. Pretty neat. I'm not a huge VR guy and I only played with it for 30 minutes or so.
Ark03
AG
howdydamnit04 said:

Got my free Daydream last night. Pretty neat. I'm not a huge VR guy and I only played with it for 30 minutes or so.

Ditto. I can see some potential for the market, but it's just a novelty for me.
Skitch05
AG
For the most part I agree. Daydream seems to work fairly well for what it is. Outside of the smaller ecosystem, I like it a bit more than the Gear VR (which I admittedly have minimal exposure to). Hopefully more gets released for it soon.

Most of the apps seem like a novelty so far, but the YouTube VR app is pretty killer. There is already a fair amount of 360 content, and even watching normal YouTube videos on the big screen is pretty cool. I can see myself using it frequently.

Google Street View is also awesome on it. Looking forward to Google Earth making its way to it.

I also just found out about cardboard camera. Being able to make 360 degree 3D images to view with the Daydream is pretty cool.
bdenby
AG
Any reports AT&T users who bought directly from Google? Any issues with setup on AT&T? I am at the end of a 2 year deal on my corporate iPhone 6+. Ready to go all in with Google, but I am stuck on AT&T. Just worried about any issues with the unlocked Google direct purchase being used on AT&T. TIA.
RebAg13
AG
Shouldn't have any issues at all
howdydamnit04
AG
Software update today. Enables you to be able to double tap the screen when it's off to see notifications.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.