iPhone 7 Event Thread

51,484 Views | 524 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Premium
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On Texags, when I click post reply on my new 7plus it zooms in so I can't see the left or right boundaries. I have to zoom out to see the whole screen. Any thoughts?

ETA: wrong emoji
lockett93
AG
Carriers are will give $400 for working 5 series, over 24 months. $650 for 6 series.

Screen can't be cracked.
Pro Ag
AG
quote:
On Texags, when I click post reply on my new 7plus it zooms in so I can't see the left or right boundaries. I have to zoom out to see the whole screen. Any thoughts?

It's the site on iOS 10.
Premium
AG
quote:
quote:

It's the site on iOS 10.

So Stewade needs to fix this
tamusc
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's the site on iOS 10.

So Stewade needs to fix this
Yup, I had the same issue on the 6S Plus after the iOS 10 update and now on my 7 Plus as well.
Brick Tamland
Phone was supposed to ship between the 30th and 7th, but it will be here Tuesday!
Tx-Ag2010
AG
Just got my shipping notification.
45-70Ag
AG
Just ordered from att

Said expected ship date is November.
tamusc
AG
quote:
Just ordered from att

Yeah, a buddy just ordered a 128GB Rose Gold 7 Plus for his wife and got a shipping date of 11/10.
Ag with kids
AG
I walked into BestBuy yesterday and picked up a 256GB Black Iphone 7 with only a short wait.

"Supposedly" I can get the $650 off the price, too. According to the BestBuy website and the guy that set it up.

Gotta call AT&T and confirm that today...
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Just ordered from att

Yeah, a buddy just ordered a 128GB Rose Gold 7 Plus for his wife and got a shipping date of 11/10.

That's what my wife ordered. I ordered a jet black 128g plus and it's December.
Wildmen03
AG
Mine's on the vehicle for delivery
Phat32
AG
Initial review:

Super fast. Camera is fantastic. Battery life seems about the same. Haven't noticed the lack of headphone jack.

Well worth the upgrade from the 6...not sure if it would be from the 6S.
62strat
AG
I ordered mine on a saturday and got it on tuesday.. sales guy said people ordering certain colors are waiting several weeks. (apparently like some of you on this thread)

Don't you put it in a case? Why bother with a certain color?

Anyway, I got mine in last week, and I'm pretty mad. I've only had 2 bars every time I look at it. I have dropped calls in my house, and standing outside my house. My old 6 and wife's old 5 work/worked perfectly since we moved in this house 3 years ago and my wife's new SE works fine. Now I have to deal with this *****
I'm at work now, and two bars. I tried out of the case too, same result.

Anybody else have issues with reception?
7 128gb in matte black.

62strat
AG
As far as the phone, I love the new features (coming from a 6)
3D touch is great, the expanded home menu, the new home button. The 'live' picture setting is strange. Not sure if it's worth the extra space they take (twice the size for some of them)

tamusc
AG
quote:
Don't you put it in a case? Why bother with a certain color?
Anything other than black has a white bezel which I find extremely distracting and I don't use a case that covers the bezel.
k20dub
AG
Do you have Verizon? If so, this is an ongoing issue. There's a long thread about it on MacRumors. Lots of people, including myself, having the same problem. I'm sure there will be a software update soon to address it. Still really annoying.
3rdGen2015
AG
quote:
Do you have Verizon? If so, this is an ongoing issue. There's a long thread about it on MacRumors. Lots of people, including myself, having the same problem. I'm sure there will be a software update soon to address it. Still really annoying.
I'm on Verizon with a 7 and I've noticed it too. For some reason it's like my phone defaults to 3G instead of LTE in lots of places that I know I get LTE coverage. I haven't noticed cell coverage being all that bad, but then again I never really call people so I wouldn't notice.
k20dub
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm on Verizon with a 7 and I've noticed it too. For some reason it's like my phone defaults to 3G instead of LTE in lots of places that I know I get LTE coverage. I haven't noticed cell coverage being all that bad, but then again I never really call people so I wouldn't notice.
Same here. I've noticed it drop to no signal randomly. Usually when I restart it or turn airplane mode on and off, it fixes itself. Here's the link to MacRumors about it: Verizon iPhone 7 Issues
62strat
AG
quote:
Actually no AT&T.

I read about the verizon.. I don't see anything with AT&T. I think I'll call them.
DeLaHonta
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Same here. I've noticed it drop to no signal randomly. Usually when I restart it or turn airplane mode on and off, it fixes itself. Here's the link to MacRumors about it: Verizon iPhone 7 Issues
I have the iPhone 6S Plus, and I've had this issue for a long time. I'll come out of underground parking garages, where I get no signal, and it will acquire a 3G signal. It's not uncommon to see that right before it switches to LTE, but I've sat there for several minutes and watched it stay at 3G. Then, I'll flash on/off airplane mode, and magically, it acquires an LTE signal.
fcag
AG
So is it worth making the trade to a 7 from a 6s? Sounds like if you are trading in a 6, it's a no-brainer. Just on the fence with my 6s.
3rdGen2015
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I have the iPhone 6S Plus, and I've had this issue for a long time. I'll come out of underground parking garages, where I get no signal, and it will acquire a 3G signal. It's not uncommon to see that right before it switches to LTE, but I've sat there for several minutes and watched it stay at 3G. Then, I'll flash on/off airplane mode, and magically, it acquires an LTE signal.
That's really odd. I've had a 5S for the last two years and never had any issues with it.
62strat
AG
quote:
So is it worth making the trade to a 7 from a 6s? Sounds like if you are trading in a 6, it's a no-brainer. Just on the fence with my 6s.
Well, performance wise, it's not a huge upgrade.. same camera, same ram..

But, how often can you trade in an old phone for $650??
fcag
AG
quote:
quote:
Well, performance wise, it's not a huge upgrade.. same camera, same ram..

But, how often can you trade in an old phone for $650??

I thought the camera was new. The 6s doesn't have dual cameras.
3rdGen2015
AG
Only the 7 plus has the dual cameras
tamusc
AG
quote:
The 7 does have a new camera compared to the 6S still. New lens and added optical image stabilization.
Charpie
AG
Some of the pictures that people are posting with their 7 are stunning
tamusc
AG
quote:
Some of the pictures that people are posting with their 7 are stunning
Yeah, the pictures that I've taken with my 7 Plus and my gf has taken with her 7 are super impressive compared to the 6 and 6S Plus.

Here's a picture of the amazing BBQ sandwich I had for dinner on Friday night that I took with my 7 Plus.

And a couple other pictures I took. Haven't taken any pictures outdoors yet though.

k20dub
AG
That sandwich doe!
tamusc
AG
quote:
That sandwich doe!
That would be The Donk at Slab BBQ
k20dub
AG
Nice. I'll be in Austin Friday. Might have to hit that up.
Charpie
AG
slab is pretty good
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
The 7 does have a new camera compared to the 6S still. New lens and added optical image stabilization.
I just meant both are 12mp. aperture changes as well.

6s+ had optical image stabilization.

Front camera actually was upgraded from 5mp to 7mp.
tamusc
AG
The regular 6 and 6S did not have optical image stabilization and the base 7 does.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.