***** The Division - Xbox one *****

124,635 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wee_ag
wee_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Division: Underground info

In 'Underground', players will find randomly generated subways, tunnels, and sewers to explore with their fellow Agents in the search for new loot and new challenges.

New Incursion - Set within Hell's Kitchen, Dragon's Nest, the Cleaners will stop at nothing to purge the city of the Green Poison virus. How will you and your fellow Agents tackle this new and dangerous objective?

New difficulty mode: Heroic (!)

http://gamesintel.com/2016/06/13/the-division-v1-3-underground-arrives-28th-june-on-pc-xbox-one-2nd-aug-on-ps4/
jeffk
AG
It really freaking bothers me that I can't clear my last glitched echo or figure out which story mission I haven't completed on hard.
Agmaniacmike12
We have room for one right now doing the incursions.
thaed137
AG
Hit me up next time, I have a lvl 4 character that hasn't done anything that I use as a pack mule if I want to get to the lower DZ to play with some other friends. If you help progress me enough I should be able to get that echo for you.

Also, for the hard mission, when you go the map screen where it shows weekly and daily, I believe you can scroll all the way down and it lists all the missions on each difficulty and which ones you have done.

I got to what I consider the next level of my character. I finally picked up some good Sentry piece with decent armor that I had a high stamina re-roll on. I am now sitting at about 145/375/11 for my stats with ~74% armor, 65% exotic damage mitigation, 39% burn resistance. It really helps with those damn cleaners and makes me really tanky compared to what I was with only small drop off on my DPS. I'm running 2 sentry / 2 Final measure / 2 lone star (mainly because they are 240 with good rolls and nothing comes close health and armor wise). Electronics and regular cash are my chock point now. Re-rolling stats gets expensive and if you haven't done much on that end, really sit down and plan what you want. Do not re-roll secondary stats, I didn't really understand the main stats and armor until I had already re-rolled a secondary stat and locked my armor that I still use months later.
thaed137
AG
Dev released Q&A:

However, the Underground DLC will come first releasing on Xbox One and PC on June 28, while PlayStation 4 users will have to wait for August 2. On the Ubisoft press site we found a lot more information on the Underground DLC for The Division, including a fact sheet and a developer Q&A.
The randomized elements are clearly the core of this DLC, though there's a lot more as you can read below.
During the Dark Winter crisis, there is a new tide of chaos rising from the underworld of New York City. In this first paid expansion, Underground, dive into the underbelly of New York with up to three friends to save what remains. Explore the randomly generated mazes of subways, tunnels, and sewers to fight deadly enemies and recover powerful loot. Experience an all-new incursion and find the latest weapons, gear and more. Ubisoft will also be simultaneously releasing a free update made available to all purchases of the base game that will include more challenge mode missions and a new level of difficulty for main missions and incursions, the heroic mode.
FEATURES
NEW UNDERGROUND MODE An Underground war rages in the claustrophobic confines of New York's underbelly! Explore the randomly generated mazes of subways, tunnels and sewers to fight deadly enemies and recover powerful loot. Push yourself and your team further down into never ending and unpredictable end-game content New challenges, new progression and new rewards await beneath the streets of New York. The Underground environment will test players' combat skills in new ways.
NEW INCURSION: DRAGON'S NEST The biggest incursion to-date takes place in Hell's Kitchen. Cleaners have been working on the ultimate weapon to cleanse the streets of New York, regardless of civilian presence. Their plans will affect the Base of Operations if not stopped.
NEW FREE HEROIC MODE Beat Falcon's Lost and Clear Sky in the hardest challenge yet in the Division. And for those who have bought Underground, Dragon's Nest will also be available in this mode.
NEW CHALLENGE MODE MISSIONS AND ITEMS Experience Hudson Yard and Queen's Tunnel in challenge mode, for better rewards. This expansion also comes with new gear sets and weapon types.
Q&A
1. What new environment are players able to explore in the Underground DLC?
Underground takes place deep in the underbelly of Manhattan New York, in the maze that exists beneath its streets: sewer networks, derelict facilities, tunnels, flooded stations and collapsed infrastructures.
2. How do you play once you enter the Underground game mode? Can you tell us more about the different types of operations?
Players enter the Underground through the Underground Tactical Operation Center, a DLCspecific extension to the Base of Operations. Each operation is unique and borrows from the formula of randomly generated dungeons. The challenges feature unique combinations of environments, hazards, enemies, reward placements, and offers maximum re-playability.
3. What kind of enemies and threats will agents face in the underworld?
The enemies that appear in Underground are the same as those featured in the main game. The changes come from the unpredictability of their composition and the various configurations in which they appear. Players need to be prepared as they won't know who or what they are going to come up against.
4. It seems that the environment feels even more hostile and darker than what we have seen so far in The Division. Why did you choose to go with such an atmosphere?
Going 'below the surface' naturally called for a darker, more claustrophobic and hostile ambiance. Enclosed spaces mean the danger feels more immediate, the hazards are harder to ignore and the battles are more visceral. With these combined, Underground will offer an intense, varied and exciting feel for players to enjoy.
5. Can you tell us more about the "Dragon's Nest" Incursion and its backstory?
In Dragon's Nest, players go to Hell's Kitchen to deal with a group of Cleaners. They have been working on a new type of weapon, that if deployed would wreak havoc on the streets of Manhattan. Players have to breach the facility they are working in, fight their way through flames and smoke until they finally reach the Dragon's nest.
6. What are the new items introduced with this update?
We are introducing new gear sets, more high-end weapons and all new weapon types.
7. Can we expect regular content to be added to Underground?
Underground is an extension of The Division world that players will be able to access and replay. Updates, balancing and various adjustments are to be expected
TexasAggie_02
AG
Ugh an even harder falcon lost? No thanks
TexasAggie_02
AG
so we were in the wrong spot on the left last night. This other spot is impossible to get hit by the APC, and running smart cover with a tactician makes everyone a tank.

In the vid they have 2 tacticians, and 2 DPS guys.

• 1st tactician has healing smart cover and immunizer. (i assume the extended duration talent is a must)
  • 2nd tactician has damage pulse and overheal
  • Each DPS guy has ammo regen station and trade off using it
  • Each DPS guy has Sticky Bomb

Make sure no one has the bottom left healing talent (that heals teammates when you use a medkit), b/c it breaks the smart cover. Also, flashbang stickies will break the smart cover as well.

Also, and this is a big deal (look at 5:30 in the vid), turrets treat support stations as hostile, so you can throw one at the door behind the APC, wait for it to draw aggro, and then plant the bomb solo without getting shot.

wee_ag
AG
Hmmm...

Agmaniacmike12
I'm down to try it that way tonight. I'll be on around 7:30.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Probably be 8:30/9 before I can jump on.
jeffk
AG
You guys trying Falcon Lost on challenging?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Hopefully, need some 240 tact and/or striker gear
DE4D
AG
Is it unethical to max out 4-5 pieces and wear 2-3 greens (or carry green weapons)

Enter 0-160, buy equip from vendors with dz currency, immediately equip, own everyone i see and double or triple what i spent on the gear i bought for that session?
TexasAggie_02
AG
new gearsets

quote:
B.L.I.N.D.
2-Piece Bonus: +100% Pulse critical hit damage
3-Piece Bonus: +100% Blind/Deaf Resistance
4-Piece Bonus: Killing a target creates a flashbang effect at that position.

FireCrest

2-Piece Bonus: +3 Incendiary Bullets Capacity
3-Piece Bonus: +100% Reload Speed
4-Piece Bonus: Killing a burning target grants incendiary bullets for 10 seconds

NOT A PART OF 1.3 (See below) FrontLine
2-Piece Bonus: +300% Ballistic Shield Health
3-Piece Bonus: +100% Ballistic Shield damage resilience
4-Piece Bonus: Allows use of an equipped SMG while Ballistic Shield is deployed
TexasAggie_02
AG
i wonder how 2 BLIND, 2 Sentry's call, and 2 Final measure would work?

Or 2 BLIND 3 Striker and Savage Gloves
shertown04
AG
I haven't been on in a while but I will hopefully get back to it a little at some point. I went out of town for a day and then my sister came in for a visit for all week this week. My parents will be here sometime next week before we head out on a cruise next weekend. I will probably be sparse until after July 4th. Hopefully the time away will give me a fresh look at the game again since I was getting a little burned out.
jeffk
AG
Oooo... Firecrest + my incendiary seeker mine...

wee_ag
AG
quote:
Oooo... Firecrest + my incendiary seeker mine...

This is exactly what i was thinking...
thaed137
AG
Now I am sure it will be tweaked down but BLIND set

I roll up and pulse my target which gives me +100%CHD on top of pulse additions.
I do a flash sticky bomb to blind the target.
I use my new BLIND AR that does +100% damage to blinded targets
Target dies and due to 4 piece effect has his own flashbang.
Continue to kill targets at insane of DPS.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i'm betting the BLIND set gets nerfed. Striker was originally shown off to have 100% crit damage, but was released with 50%
Agmaniacmike12
Survived a manhunt solo tonight. Racked up about 200K DZ funds from going rogue constantly with a group and surviving most of them.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Seems like exotic damage resilience would counter those fairly well.
jeffk
AG
Sorry I couldn't talk to you yesterday - my mic is hit or miss sometimes. I could hear you, but I wasn't able to talk to you.
shertown04
AG
Of course they wait until the week after I haven't been able to play to put the M1A blueprint back in DZ03 weapon vendor. I only have until Tuesday until I won't be able to play again for nearly 2 weeks because of vacation. No way I can get enough cash by then.
Agmaniacmike12
When you get back in 2 weeks, the DLC will have higher gearscore weapons. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
shertown04
AG
It's the principle of the thing. Last time they had it I was 5 levels too low to get it. It's been a long time since they had it on there and now I don't have the funds since I spent 278k the last time I played to get the stamina blueprint.
Agmaniacmike12
I think they were trying to make everybody happy before the DLC drops. M1A and AUG are probably the most popular weapons up to this point.
TexasAggie_02
AG
How much cash do you currently have? I would guess that ~100 sealed caches would get you enough ( probably less since you'll get credits from kills as well). That's doable in two nights. I got over 100k the other night while playing with Mike.

Probably the fastest way to get caches and credits is to run the refueling station, subways, and Bryant park in a loop. By the time you get through, the refueling station should have respawned.
TexasAggie_02
AG

Mike's getting around the DZ in style
thaed137
AG
You guys should consider downloading discord as an app and joining the DZPD server. I can send an invite I think to help you join. Basically it is a chat group of people playing that polices their own so that you can get solid groups with no griefing. Helps a bunch if you need help getting to higher levels as people are willing to be "sherpas" to help you along.
TexasAggie_02
AG
when you're running solo and call in an extraction:

jeffk
AG
Been there many a time.
shertown04
AG
Sorry I haven't been around much lately. The few times I have tried no one else was on and then yesterday I got "the talk" at work and found out I am only going to have a job until July 15 so grinding in the DZ just hasn't seemed very appetizing to me. Hopefully after my vacation next week I will feel more into it and can start the road to finding new employment. For now everything is kinda bleh.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Dang man, hang in there. I hope something better comes along
wee_ag
AG
Aw, man that sucks sher. What type of work are you in?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.