*****Official Fallout 4 Thread*****

168,706 Views | 1514 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Claude!
txag2k
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Got the cannon tonight, haven't tested it yet.
As part of "Old Guns" at the Castle or different?

Also, anyone found decent armor for Dogmeat or altered his?

Google dogmeat armor and check the video that shows where to find some dam good armor for him.
abram97
AG
What are your thoughts? Melee or projectile weapons? Combo of both?

I like using the powerfist and mostly try to close my distance rapidly with an enemy. Sniper rifle for distance encounters.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BigAggie06
AG
quote:
What are your thoughts? Melee or projectile weapons? Combo of both?

I like using the powerfist and mostly try to close my distance rapidly with an enemy. Sniper rifle for distance encounters.
Right now I am going full on Rifle with two exceptions: Deliverer for short range stealth attacks and the power fist for melee if needed. Everything else is a silenced rifle some scoped (long range) some not (middle/short range) and I am working on maxing sneak, sandman, ninja and rifleman.

If you are going melee the Blitz perk seems to be a good option, allows you to VATS attack from a larger distance.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
Rifle/Pistol combo all day; I do however, like compensated long muzzled pistols, so you can hit from range if needed. Being able to unleash 8 vats attacks with a pistol is pretty damn handy. I took out three raiders in one sequence one time.
AtlAg05
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Google dogmeat armor and check the video that shows where to find some dam good armor for him.

It's the cannon that you can carry around and shoot cannonballs. Got it from the USS Constitution missions
BigAggie06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's the cannon that you can carry around and shoot cannonballs. Got it from the USS Constitution missions
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Broadsider
AtlAg05
AG
That's the one
bearamedic99
AG

Wow. I'll need to find the Constitution. I still have yet to seek Nick Valentine and am at lvl 25. I added a 2nd recruiting beacon at Sanctuary to see if I draw more.
Thunder18
AG
My character build is almost exclusively stealth/sniper w/ Dogmeat. Hacking and Lockpick maxed out and focusing now on upgrading Rifleman, Science, Gun Nut and Armorer. I'm level 38 and haven't been killed since I was around level 30. Next playthrough will try something completely different
AtlAg05
AG
Must not be on survivor difficulty.
Drake aTm
AG
quote:

If you get the the right perks, even survival gets easy.

I stopped investing in "survivability" perks because of it. Started getting boring.
Thunder18
AG
quote:

I'm not, might bump it up though. I feel like I'm getting somewhat close to the end of the game
AtlAg05
AG
It makes a big difference on loot for legendary items. Plus many things can kill you.

A lot of the time I tend to get myself killed. The other night I was throwing grenades, threw one and I was too slow on the second one. First one blew up and the second caught the edge of the explosion, which detonated it right next to me. Ouch
AboveAndBeyond
Sniper all day long! I love sending them for a backflip before they even see me..... I VATS Crit a super mutant with my .50 Cal the other day, blew his head CLEAN off.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
There's about 7-8 of us at my office that don't game nearly as much as we used to, but have all picked up FO4 and put a lot of time into it. One day we were talking about the game, and one guy talked about how he would steal from people and not get caught (he waited until they were asleep, took their keys and waited until they were at work, etc. so very premeditated). He quickly found out that nobody else in our group steals and was repeatedly excommunicated from discussions as a thief (mostly jokingly).
abram97
AG
that's hilarious. What a low down POS!!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Cromagnum
AG
Dang, found a doubleshot combat shotgun. Doing 270 dmg and my rifler perk isnt even maxxed out yet.

I renamed it "The Terrible Shotgun" in tribute to the one in Fallout 3.
Wildmen03
AG
quote:
We have our first kid due in a few weeks. This is my last hoorah before my spare time gets annihilated.
My son got here Friday morning. RIP gaming time for the near future.
txag2k
AG
Grats! AgDog says you can squeeze in some gaming with a newborn but he's a pro
bearamedic99
AG
Congrats! May I suggest the nickname "dogmeat"? What are his SPECIAL levels?
AtlAg05
AG
quote:
quote:
We have our first kid due in a few weeks. This is my last hoorah before my spare time gets annihilated.
My son got here Friday morning. RIP gaming time for the near future.

Put the kid in the bjorn and game away.
MGS
quote:
Congrats! May I suggest the nickname "dogmeat"? What are his SPECIAL levels?
What's wrong with the name 'Shaun'?
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
Early game Spoilers**********

I've only got about 16-17 hours in the game so far, but I think I waited too long to go to Diamond City. I'm at level 18 or so; after doing a lot of missions for the Minutemen, and a bunch of random other stuff; and I'm blowing through Diamond City missions like they're going out of style, but having a bunch of fun doing them. I've noticed most of them I don't even have to go do the mission, because I've already done them in my travels (cleanout beantown brewery, bring a bloatfly gland back to the scientist) etc. Absolutely loving the storyline right now, it also gets much easier to heal radiation and stock up on ammo and badass guns when you get to Diamond City; no wonder I was having so much problems getting ammo early on.
ChiveOn
AG
I have yet to find any options in my settlements that allow me to use concrete. I have found many bags of cement throughout the commonwealth but still no option to build concrete
I Like Mike
AG
quote:
I have yet to find any options in my settlements that allow me to use concrete. I have found many bags of cement throughout the commonwealth but still no option to build concrete
Concrete is a part of some foundations and floors that are made of wood. Nothing is free standing concrete AFAIK.
AboveAndBeyond
There's a concrete foundation under the Wood Flooring section. Good to use because it can form to the ground.....I.e. It can make a flat surface out of a bumpy landscape. Its GREAT for filling in the holes at the castle.
ChiveOn
AG
ah ok.

I was trying to find solely concrete enclosures. i'll keep looking.

but aside, how did these people find SO MUCHin terms of resources for these mega structures??????
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
ah ok.

but aside, how did these people find SO MUCHin terms of resources for these mega structures??????
That's what I want to find out, specifically in Wildman's fort, that has to be 50+ concrete slabs there.
AboveAndBeyond
We spend HOURS farming. As for concrete, there's a good supply in the castle armory.

Just remember, if you can pick it up.....it has a use. Some are for visual effect, like the space monkey in the comic store.....others we just burn for parts.
AboveAndBeyond
Point of advice for anyone doing the bathtub full of cash....... Do NOT pick that tub up. I spent over an hour sepersting 500+ monies and putting them in a tub. Didn't like where I had it so went to move it....bad idea.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
Point of advice for anyone doing the bathtub full of cash....... Do NOT pick that tub up. I spent over an hour sepersting 500+ monies and putting them in a tub. Didn't like where I had it so went to move it....bad idea.

Oh lord....that would be infuriating. It takes FOREVER to transfer each pre-war money into the tub.
unmade bed
quote:
ah ok.

Just about every vendor sells 1 bag of concrete and 1 or 2 bags of fertilizer. I usually pick both up anytime I am buying anything.
Drake aTm
AG
Am I the only one who puts the heads of those who raid my settlements in a tub?
AboveAndBeyond
quote:
Am I the only one who puts the heads of those who raid my settlements in a tub?

Actually a pretty good idea.....if there was even a head left afterwards.
Drake aTm
AG
I'm thinking about building a wall placing them on top for all to see. A dark warning for raiders/mutants that are feeling froggy.

I only bring it up here, because I don't want my friends to think I'm some kind of savage. I I just tell them I'm a humble farmer/builder who's retired from life in the wasteland.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.