Diablo 3: Season 2 starts

6,542 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ags20-10_'75
AtlAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And s2 ends April 5th.
WGann3
AG
quote:
And s2 ends April 5th.

This was an extremely short season, no? I'm cool with new content so no big deal, just wish we could have extended this one a month or so.
Rule Number 32
AG
Question - I am still pretty new since I just started playing again a couple weeks ago.

When you guys are talking about rift levels, how do you get to that? I did a rift the other day and it just seemed to be running around killing things, then one boss, then it booted me out. Is there a different type of rift or something?

I have been enjoying the adventure mode. I like just running through levels searching for a particular person to kill.
WGann3
AG
quote:
Question - I am still pretty new since I just started playing again a couple weeks ago.

When you guys are talking about rift levels, how do you get to that? I did a rift the other day and it just seemed to be running around killing things, then one boss, then it booted me out. Is there a different type of rift or something?

I have been enjoying the adventure mode. I like just running through levels searching for a particular person to kill.

Sounds like you are doing regular rifts that you are opening with rift keystone fragments. The difficulty of those is just based on what difficulty you're playing in, like Hard, Expert, or Torment 6 for example.

You get keystone of trials I think they're called from those regular rifts, they're like a rift keystone fragment but they'll open up a greater rift and those are where you're seeing levels.
agdidastech11
AG
what WGann3 said
Rule Number 32
AG
Ooooh ok thank you. I guess that is what I have been doing. I honestly haven't been paying much attention to it, just enjoying mercilessly slaying lots of minions.
Predmid
AG
Easy way to know, if there a time limit, purple rift bar and can you upgrade a keystone or gem at the end, greater rift.

If no time limit and yellow bar, regular rift.
WGann3
AG
quote:
Ooooh ok thank you. I guess that is what I have been doing. I honestly haven't been paying much attention to it, just enjoying mercilessly slaying lots of minions.

I must admit... After being really meh on vanilla D3, the current state of D3 is extremely enjoyable for mindless killing and looting. The build diversity and loot isn't completely there yet, but the game continues to improve.
AliasMan02
AG
Just caught one of the treasure goblin guys and stepped through a portal to unicorn happy land for the first time ever.

Wow.

I did level up like 3 times, though.
Americium
AG
My PC tower fell off my desk when I was moving it, several parts broke. Won't be back on for quite a while. (This is Plutonium btw)
AtlAg05
AG
quote:
My PC tower fell off my desk when I was moving it, several parts broke. Won't be back on for quite a while. (This is Plutonium btw)

D'oh!!

Or....great excuse to upgrade!! Too bad it "accidentally" fell off....
Rule Number 32
AG
Thinking about starting up a seasonal character when season 3 starts. Do these characters completely start over? IE do they have access to the main character's stash for weapons/armor/etc?

Not sure I want to 100% start over, but having a seasonal character would be pretty fun.
Predmid
AG
I think I'm done with seasonal. I just now got to the point where I'm happy with my characters and now I have to re-do it? No thanks.
txag2k
AG
quote:

Go the way of Agdog and upgrade :-D. Timing stinks with it being double exp week. I'll also not be participating in S3.
WGann3
AG
quote:
Thinking about starting up a seasonal character when season 3 starts. Do these characters completely start over? IE do they have access to the main character's stash for weapons/armor/etc?

Not sure I want to 100% start over, but having a seasonal character would be pretty fun.
Seasons are a complete start over from scratch. You will have absolutely nothing. However, once season 2 (or whatever season it is in the future) ends, all of those characters and their gear, gold, and experience will roll into your non-seasonal stuff.

I've always liked to play through the quest lines in both Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 so I enjoy the seasons/ladders since they essentially force a fresh restart. The fresh loot is fun to chase after I suppose but I get that a lot of people feel like they're working so hard on these characters that they don't want to start over so soon. Season 2 seemed to be way too short, I'm hoping they're just trying to find the perfect balance of length by trial and error. 6 months would be my preference, but I'll be making a season 3 character still.
Wheatables02
AG
season 2 was okay but I'm going ancient hunting in regular from now on.
Predmid
AG
The thing that bothered me was that none of the loot I use was seasonal. Wizards BIS is still firebirds, DH: Marauders + Bombadiers rucksack + reaper's wraps.

The new set bonuses look interesting, but none of that was seasonal
benMath08
AG
Depends on what character and build you're going for, but a couple season 3 new sets definitely perform best with seasonal-only items.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/season-three-exclusive-legendary-items-2

That said, I'll probably dive back into my barb for the IK set and try to gear up my wizard for some of their new items. Both non-seasonal.
Post removed:
by user
benMath08
AG
Season 2 will be ending at the following dates and times for each region:
  • North America: Sunday, April 5 @ 9:00 p.m. PDT
  • Europe: Sunday, April 5 @ 9:00 p.m. CEST
  • Asia: Sunday, April 5 @ 9:00 p.m. KST
  • Season 3 will be starting shortly after at the following dates and times for each region:
  • North America: Friday, April 10 @ 6:00 p.m. PDT
  • Europe: Friday, April 10 @ 6:00 p.m. CEST
  • Asia: Friday, April 10 @ 6:00 p.m. KST
  • Americium
    AG
    I'm hoping a MB swap and just using one of my two 6870s will get it running again.

While I'm looking forward to new sets and items, I'm craving some new content. I'm always wondering to myself "how long will this be fun?" but I haven't quit yet. I probably won't play S3, but how long will NS stay enjoyable?
    Ags20-10_'75
    S
    quote:
    Just caught one of the treasure goblin guys and stepped through a portal to unicorn happy land for the first time ever.

Wow.

I did level up like 3 times, though.
    Whimsyshire is awesome!

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.