Diablo 3: Season 2 starts

6,543 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ags20-10_'75
Predmid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
...and my brother convinced me to buy/install the game.

Anything I should know before plummeting down this rabbit hole again?
txag2k
AG
Join the TexAgs clan. Also join some communities. Fun game.
EconAg10
AG
Season dos?
Predmid
AG
Not a clue. I just started a demon Hunter and powered through the game on hard,now trying to power level and gear up so I can do the rift thing? I have no idea what half of anything means.
OasisMan
AG
quote:
Not a clue. I just started a demon Hunter and powered through the game on hard,now trying to power level and gear up so I can do the rift thing? I have no idea what half of anything means.
same here
WGann3
AG
I've been enjoying myself so far on Season 2. Made a Barb and have him ripping through Torment 1 so far, I think he's Paragon 29 at this point. I lost interest in Season 1 about level 150 paragon or so and anticipate having the same thing happen in Season 2.

Unfortunately the end game D3 leaves a lot to be desired, there's basically only the glory of ripping through Torment 6 once you've perfected your gear and seeing what level greater rift you can get through.

If you guys just getting into the game have any questions, let me know, I'd be happy to help. I've leveled every character to 70 except the Witch Doctor which I bailed on at 60.
Predmid
AG
More important: selling gear for gold or salvaging for crafting items?
Predmid
AG
Also, is crafting worthwhile? Any sets worth building for a DH?
WGann3
AG
I scrap for mats 100% of the time. There are a few handy things you can build here and there, sometimes a couple of pieces of the level 70 sets make sense for particular builds, but you won't wind up using any full sets from crafting unfortunately. A lot of the legendaries from crafting are glorified rares, which is ok, they can roll some pretty solid main stats.

Overall crafting is pretty meh, but you will get a few useful items from it. The mats come in more handy for re-rolling items.

You'll stumble into a vault from a treasure goblin and all of a sudden be loaded gold wise, selling items doesn't make a ton of sense to me.
Predmid
AG
Best way to level up...

Just hitting up bounties on the highest difficulty I can manage?
Vade281
AG
Best way to level up is to let Trainriderj get you to 70 in 30 minutes. Ha!
AtlAg05
AG
Join the Texags clan, nightly groups running.
Predmid
AG
already in a clan.
Madmarttigan
AG
Is there anything significantly fun and different about season 2 versus season 1?? Or will I just wear out more quickly.
Predmid
AG
Not a clue. Just started playing literally the days ago.

hit Paragon level 17 yesterday.
txag2k
AG
quote:
Is there anything significantly fun and different about season 2 versus season 1?? Or will I just wear out more quickly.

Patch 2.2 will be nice.
benMath08
AG
Definitely join the TexAgs clan, we've had a lot of activity lately. The tag is TAMU.
WGann3
AG
quote:
quote:

Patch 2.2 will be nice.
Yeah, just read through these item updates and like what I see. Might be sticking around longer than expected.

As far as leveling goes, now that I see you're paragon level 17, you'll level well just doing Bounties and Rifts. I always like sticking a Flawless Royal Ruby in my socketed helms to REALLY speed up the process. But yeah, bounties and rifts at the highest difficulty level you can shred through.
Predmid
AG
Joined. Found a pretty well rolled Natalya's crossbow.

Rifting in t6 with two nearly unkillable guys with a witch doctor support makes it mostly a game of drop the sentries and evade the aoe damage.

Solo i can do t3 ok.
Predmid
AG
Oh god. This is why I didn't play at the beginning. (at least outside of the AH shenanigans).

Falling down the rabbit hole fast.
Prime0882
AG
quote:
Oh god. This is why I didn't play at the beginning. (at least outside of the AH shenanigans).

Falling down the rabbit hole fast.
Right there with you... after being buried under snow this past weekend I may have started a character and already hit paragon level 80 (Abracadaver).

My season 2 WD is already better geared than the one I had since the release of Diablo 3.

Is the majority of the hard charging members of the clan going DH this season? Was thinking about playing a support class for the DHers - either the WD or making a seasonal monk. Did season 1 as a Crusader and enjoyed it, but, figured I'd try something else.
Predmid
AG
I have no idea. I picked something completely at random.

Full set of Marauders, Bombardier Bag, glory ring, pretty darn good amulet (that I can't remember the name), that rare belt that gives 150% (120%?) damage increase every time you open a treasure chest, and triple socketed cindercoat . I blow things the **** up.

Working on leveling a few gems to 25 on GRs. Approaching Paragon 200,

I have a noob question: is there a good bow out there that can use a hatred spender as a generator?
txag2k
AG
That'd be a Kridershot. You'd want an ancient but I am kinda digging the S2 bow.
Hagen95
AG
I believe you are looking for a Kridershot

A few minutes too late apparently.
Predmid
AG
Time to spend all the blood shards.
txag2k
AG
quote:
Time to spend all the blood shards.
no way. Too expensive. Just play and they will drop I've already had a krider fall and a nice calamity too. I'm using one of the ancient S2 bows that have fallen for me. Like 4 already in just a few days. I have a better one that I don't have a gift for. Actually more of the S2 bows have fallen than gifts. heh.
Predmid
AG
I'll link my Nat Slayer when I get home tonight. 3200 or so base.
Predmid
AG
just got another one.

Prime0882
AG
Thank y'all for letting me tag along last night on those T6 rift runs. With a high % Leoric's Crown and red gem I got nearly 40 paragon levels last night.

Only netted a good amulet upgrade, but it looks like I'm T3 ready now.
txag2k
AG
one day until you are at t6 if running with TexAgs clan. They'll gear you up quick!
WGann3
AG
Check out the damage on this non-ancient legendary I rolled on my S2 Barb last night. I needed a weapon upgrade pretty bad, so just rolled a few of these suckers to try and get a nice Ancient Legendary to run around with and this thing spit out.

Tex117
AG
I know this question has been answered many times, but what do you do after you hit level 70 and complete the main game (with Act V)?

I know there is Adventure Mode where you essentially have kill targets in the Acts. Do you run the bounties on the hardest level you can? And hope for the best gear? Rinse and repeat?

What is the end game you are trying to accomplish?

I guess what Im asking is (1) What do you do after hitting 70, and (2) what is the ultimate "End Game."
benMath08
AG
quote:
I know this question has been answered many times, but what do you do after you hit level 70 and complete the main game (with Act V)?

I know there is Adventure Mode where you essentially have kill targets in the Acts. Do you run the bounties on the hardest level you can? And hope for the best gear? Rinse and repeat?

I guess what Im asking is (1) What do you do after hitting 70, and (2) what is the ultimate "End Game."
Most classes have a couple of "end game" builds built around particular item sets and/or legendary items with unique affixes. So once you hit 70 you'll be doing a combination of bounties (there are a handful of items like the Ring of Royal Grandeur that are bounty-only) and rifts for experience, items, and blood shards.

You'll also be running greater rifts to get legendary gems and level those up. Eventually, once your gear is good enough you'll try pushing the greater rift difficulty to see how high you can go.
Predmid
AG
quote:

Compete on the ladders and beat the highest greater rift you can as fast as you can.

Beat a 34 last night. May be able to go higher now that i have my reaper wraps.
Civen
AG
quote:

End game is the ultimate loot grind treadmill. Which can be both good and bad... if you like that kinda game, you'll enjoy endgame, if not... you probably won't.

Once you complete your "end-game" item set, then you start trying to find better rolled/ancient versions. your helm is regular 723 Dex/ 692 Vit/5.5% crit? Work on finding the same thing, but ancient with 1000/1000/6... that's 0.5% more damage and toughness!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.