*****Official PS4 Thread*****

13,497 Views | 166 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Bryan98
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Might as well start one since Gamescom is coming up and the Xbots have kept their thread running.

Let's not let this one die down mkay?

Interested to see the horror property that Sony has been teasing the past few weeks. Sounds like Until Dawn has been reworked from the top down from being a ps3 move exclusive.

Apparently we might get some more Bloodborne too.

UPDATE to include PSN IDs for Destiny Players

***PS4 Destiny Players***

Vade281
McG16-18
Dredguno
Redbaron788
tfunk2002
Prime0882
Seven_Psycho_Ags
twelfthman
Saxsoon
slashvoid-13
fmz65
NomadVet2012
Arsenal_Gunner
oilfieldAGGIE11
AuthenticGman08
Tex117
MaroonOut09
Frytin
AeroAgg06
Benjen_Stark_GoT
Ned_Stark_GoT
jr15aggie
AG
Is Sony having a press event (I assume yes)... when is it and are they streaming live?
Saxsoon
AG
10am Pacific, noon for you central time zone guys.

SECivil Ag-11
AG
Definitely will be keeping an eye on it after the bombshell that Crystal Dynamics dropped that the Tomb Raider sequel is an XB1 exclusive. This is obvious preparation to compete against Uncharted 4. Still, I loved that TR reboot last year and that news is incredibly disappointing, especially since TR got started on the Playstation. Maybe Sony will announce something significant, maybe not, just hoping for a pick me up after that news.

I'm really excited about Bloodborne though and see what Miyazaki has been working on while Dark Souls II was going on.
agfan2013
AG
Last of Us 2, drop mike.

Not really but I would scream like a little girl.
Saxsoon
AG
It is incredibly odd considering that square Enix just last year made ff15 and kh3 multiplats. Must be trouble between the two companies
jr15aggie
AG
MS took it on the chin last year and they are definitely responding well (referring to the Tomb Raider surprise... like really surprised... announcement).

It goes back to how most rational people said this fierce competition between Sony & MS is really good for us. Let's see what Sony has for us in their presser in a couple hours
Tex117
AG
Im certainly looking forward to seeing some Bloodbourne footage.

That, and I would really like to see some ambitious titles that are NOT sequels. Bloodbourne being the only new IP that is a "big" release.

Come on, give us something new!

If not, please announce Fallout 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2.

[This message has been edited by Tex117 (edited 8/12/2014 10:01a).]
SECivil Ag-11
AG
Marsuvees I would agree with you except for the fact that PC owners are also being deprived of RotTR. Perhaps there is some discord but this is still a move that doesn't make much sense to me from SE's side since they complained about TR sales being disappointing. The PS4 version nearly doubled the sales than the XB1 version too.

Despite that, it is getting interesting with the "console wars", something I don't really care for other than the aforementioned competition that will inevitably yield better and better games for us (stfu fanboys and just enjoy games!). Bloodborne is certainly an anticipated new IP but since it's associated with the Souls series creator, it'll still be viewed as inaccessible to new gamers. Hopefully Sony will unveil something fresh today.
TexAg1987
There is a lot of speculation that TR will be a timed exclusive.
Saxsoon
AG
Yeah the fact that TR outsold on PS4 by a wide margin is shocking. And good point on PC as well.
Saxsoon
AG
Some talk that until dawn will step away from move but may be one of the first morpheus games(you can still play if you don't have it). Should be interesting.
Tabasco
AG
where is the best place to stream at noon?
SECivil Ag-11
AG
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/12/watch-the-gamescom-2014-playstation-conference-today/
Tabasco
AG
Thanks!
Saxsoon
AG
In a meeting
Tabasco
AG
wont connect for me
Tabasco
AG
Still won't connect. Here is what they have shown:

trailers for inFAMOUS: First Light, The Order: 1886, LittleBigPlanet 3, and now Bloodborne
Tabasco
AG
Got it in Chrome... they switched it over to twitch, so I am getting it now.
Kampfers
AG
DayZ to PS4? Cool. I missed a lot of this announcement though, just tuned in. Any news on timing?

Hellblade also looked cool, very visually impressive. Admittedly it was a very short, cgi trailer. Still. Looks like it is a timed exclusive

[This message has been edited by kampfers (edited 8/12/2014 12:30p).]
Tabasco
AG
Rime looked interesting
Saxsoon
AG
Ps4 exclusive from qgames called the tomorrow children. The concept from the game sounds like the ending neon Genesis Evangelion if you know how that acid trip ended
jr15aggie
AG
Saw the new trailer for The Order... I'd say next gen consoles are starting to flex their muscles a little bit. That game and XB1 exclusive Quantum Break both look incredible graphically. Gives us a glimpse of what we can expect going forward.

And we are starting to see it with 3rd party multi-platform games like AC Unity and Batman. They just released a new trailer for AC Unity during the MS event and that game is looking extremely impressive, especially considering how many NPCs are on the screen and the fact that it's an open world game.
atmhockey
AG
Geoff Keighley @geoffkeighley · 4h

Spoke to many people here at Xbox press conference on Tomb Raider. Official line is that the game is "exclusive on Xbox for holiday 2015."
Saxsoon
AG
That makes me feel a lot better
Tabasco
AG
update with youtube support, share play, and the other stuff.
Tabasco
AG
remote share play, Your friends don't need to own the game to participate alone or coop
Kampfers
AG
Ps4 twitch stream is on the fritz

The comments are hilarious though, everyone panicked.
Tabasco
AG
PlayStation TV will launch on 14th November.

99.99EU with three digital games.
Kampfers
AG
That horror game looks sweet. What was it called again?

Driveclub, otoh... Is probably the third best racing game coming out this year, at best. Maybe 4th. Insane number of racing games coming out this fall. That's not saying driveclub looks bad, more of a reflection on its competition

[This message has been edited by kampfers (edited 8/12/2014 12:59p).]
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Spoke to many people here at Xbox press conference on Tomb Raider. Official line is that the game is "exclusive on Xbox for holiday 2015."

That makes sense and you could sorta figure that the way they kept throwing in the "Holiday 2015" part during their presser. And honestly, a game like that really shouldn't be exclusive to Xbox. I think we all understand what games we can/can't play if we only have one console. A game like Tomb Raider has lots of fans on all platforms and it doesn't need to be exclusive to MS or Sony.

PS: The Wii U doesn't count... that's your own fault if you bought that thinking it would have 3rd party support.
Tabasco
AG
horror game is Until Dawn
Aggie_3
I love my PS4 but i hate how few apps we have so far I miss having my HBO GO and Starz and showtime like i had on my 360. Really hope we start seeing these apps soon
jr15aggie
AG
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WsqQtqwP9E&feature=youtu.be

Bloodborne trailer with some gameplay. Looks amazing! I hate that I'm already wanting a PS4 when there are more games on the XB1 than I have time to play. Both consoles are bringing the goods. Sony still seems to have the X factor when it comes to these really unique and interesting games.
jr15aggie
AG
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UznMf1oMRGQ&list=UUg_JwOXFtu3iEtbr4ttXm9g

And here is that horror game Until Dawn. Is this a PS3/PS4 game? The graphics look very average, but it looks cool in a funny sorta way. Funny cause I grew up in the 80's and this is definitely playing homage to the horror movies of that decade. Also reminds me of the recent flick Cabin in the Woods.

Doesn't look all that scary, but very interesting. Is it a full retail game or a digital indie game?

PS: Did Sony just start using a new slogan? "This is for the players". They need to stop! It's not good and sounds way to frat boy ******-bag. I thought the computerized "Playstation" was still working just fine.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.