Any board game players out there?

5,929 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by heddleston
Maroon Skittles
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm in League City and play all sorts of games with two different groups of friends down here (poker, catan, decks, risk, whatever...).

I have also invented a board game and will be play testing it very soon with the guys. It has custom designed map tiles, 3D printed ship tokens, etc. Pretty cool stuff. Give me a shout if anyone down in Clear Lake area wants to get together with us.

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Skittles, email me. Eyeguytex@pointsmatter.com.

Also, I'm in west Houston and would be up for board games
rollo.Gator
AG
I am also in Houston and have been feeling the itch to get back into this kind of game scene.

email me and maybe we can make it work out.

rollogator @ hotmail.com

edited typo in my email

[This message has been edited by rollo.Gator (edited 3/18/2014 2:53p).]
Twice an Aggie
AG
I didn't see an email come through. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it.
awlwren
AG
Was in downtown Spring last weekend and wandered into a game shop there. Apparently they do Friday night board games - anything that's not wrapped and in the shop is open for playing with the group. One of the owners was working on a game of Axis and Allies against himself for the practice while we were there. Seemed like a friendly group of people that had fun with what they did.
Post removed:
by user
Brenner
tamuangry
A quick heads up, we are playing tomorrow night starting at 8 pm in Grand Mission on the west side of town. If interested send me an email to tamuangry AT yahoo DOT com
3rdGenAg06
AG
Big board game sale on Amazon today only.

[This message has been edited by bq06 (edited 4/5/2014 11:36a).]
Post removed:
by user
3rdGenAg06
AG
Np. I picked up a few that I've been wanting for a while - Puerto Rico, Love Letter and Dominion. Wasn't really on my list, but such a nice discount, I decided to get Zombicide too - supposed to be great.
Post removed:
by user
BTHOB
AG
Dominion is one of the BEST games I've ever played. Hands down...
OlsenField
AG
I'd be really interested in how zombicide plays. Got burned recently by a cheaper/quick zombie game (card of the dead).
Todd King
AG
I'm up for some North Dallas suburb games.
3rdGenAg06
AG
quote:
I'd be really interested in how zombicide plays. Got burned recently by a cheaper/quick zombie game (card of the dead).

I'll let y'all know when we finally get around to it.

FWIW, Zombicide is ranked #121 on boardgamegeek, with a geek rating of 7.3 and an average rating of 7.6.
Card of the Dead is ranked #7047 with a geek rating of 5.5 and average rating of 5.8.
C-2ag99
AG
I'm in McKinney from now until August. Any game groups in the Plano/Allen/Frisco/Mckinney area who could use an extra?
DayAg!
S
Chutes and Ladders or GTFO.
maverick2076
quote:

Not cheap, especially when you start adding on expansion packs, but Last Night on Earth is an absolute blast to play, both as the humans and as the zombies.

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Night-On-Earth-Zombie/dp/0979658500
Ice Cube
Fortress America

maverick2076
^
That was a fun one...
slickag2007
AG
Anyone in katy? I've been looking to play more board games or card games. All I have is munchkin so far.
schmendeler
AG
my family is big into catan and dominion. we have 2 expansions for catan and 3 for dominion. we played ticket to ride quite a bit, but the set game board got stale for me after a while. it's a great beginner game i think, though for those not sure they want to "do" board games.
SF2004
AG
This bears repeating.

I would be down for getting a stradegy game group in Houston organized.

Axis & Allies (Either edition and maybe some of the smaller games)
Fortress America

Etc.
permabull
AG
deadbq03
AG
Stupid thumbs hit submit when trying to pick the thumbs up.

I can't join any groups since I live out of state but I appreciate the game lists.

Any suggestions for games like Catan which rely less on luck and more on strategy?

[This message has been edited by deadbq03 (edited 5/9/2014 3:49p).]
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Ok, so screw it. I own a gaming site and am on staff with comicpalooza. I'll ringlead this in Houston. If anyone wants to play, email at eyeguytex@pointsmatter.com. I'm on the west side of Houston. I'll find somewhere to play or I'll host. Who is in?
Goldie Wilson
Any Austin board game groups out there? Or anybody in Austin want to try to get something together?
Buck O Five
AG
Invested a lot of time in Cones of Dunshire, but I've yet to find enough skilled players to pull it off.
tlepoC
AG
There is a group in north Austin at a diner on parmer and MoPac that plays what seems like every Saturday or sunday .

They seem very odd though. I'd be down for an aggie group but I haven't played much of anything in years.
jlb2957
AG
I have been itching to play games like this since stumbling across TableTop on YouTube.

Also in Houston, inside the loop.
C-2ag99
AG
Dan07 - i'm in SW Austin and would love to start a game group of Ags. Maybe every other week or something? Email me if interested. brianeasley99@ gmail dot com
BigAggie06
AG
My famy have always been big on Risk and Rail Baron ... Rail Baron is probably the greatest game ever and is now out of print.

Our copy is starting to fall apart my brother looked at buying another copy but good condition ones are all collector items are pretty pricey for a board game
Goldie Wilson
Aggierific -- where are you located? Email me at dan07texags@gmail.com if you're interested in getting a group together
C-2ag99
AG
Dan07 and i are starting a new Austin group. If any of you are interested email me. brianeasley99@ gmail dot com
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.